let this thread die (NYK)

Just a question to my fellow "politica" queen's neighbors, will anyone be voting on the primaries this year? (it's been moved to june, not september like its always been
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by BangDak

Just a question to my fellow "politica" queen's neighbors, will anyone be voting on the primaries this year? (it's been moved to june, not september like its always been
laugh.gif
)

I actually got a call today to vote for some chick named Grace or something. If I remember I'll vote democrat just like I always do. Except this year with Obama, dude is a bum.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm good. Much rather keep stat and hope he remembers how to play.

yea, no way anyone should trade for villanueva, straight basura

Ya'll want to trade stat For two more ball stoppers who do NOTHING well but shoot and who both have about 2-3 years left on contract meaning that the knicks would be wasting Melo's prime with known role players
laugh.gif

I would much rather Stat

Who needs to go?
Douglas, Fields, Bibby, Davis, and if Novak and J.Lin get greedy in regards to contract money, they can hit the bricks to.
Im not too confident with Lin as our starting pg. too many turnovers. Remember his last game against the Heat? Embarassing.

You guys got to give Lin a chance, be realistic. The guy came up from the D League, and was playing in a "street ball" offense. Give him a chance to get into actual NBA shape, rehab his knee, and get reps with the squad. What is the alternative? If we can get Dragic, great.

I don't understand why some of y'all aren't willing to give Lin a chance to be a LEGIT guard. Clearly, he's shown that he has talent...obviously he'll never be a top tier guy, but serviceable.

Are there holes in his game? Of course. But dude has the IQ and has shown a willingness to WANT to get better. An entire summer and a full training camp won't change any of that?

Was coming in here to post that email......

A jersey change is definitely a fair assumption.

With that being said, a Shump jersey is needed at those prices.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I don't understand why some of y'all aren't willing to give Lin a chance to be a LEGIT guard. Clearly, he's shown that he has talent...obviously he'll never be a top tier guy, but serviceable.

Are there holes in his game? Of course. But dude has the IQ and has shown a willingness to WANT to get better. An entire summer and a full training camp won't change any of that?
This!

Every year we're in here talking about who were going to get next to replace guys. I'm so tired of it, man. Lin has the tools to be a very solid PG. How many times are we going to ditch the youth that we have for old/just past their prime players.

Do we really want to let Jeremy Lin walk for Goran Dragic or a year of Nash (when he bolts because we won't be signing him to some long term deal here).

Lin is already a solid PG. he averaged 15/6/3 in what was pretty much his rookie year. He adjusted to what defenses threw at him and maintained a steady pace, for a guy who was thrust into the starting PG role if a team without anyone to back him up, and their two best players in and out of the lineup.

Let me be clear here, I'm not saying I expect Lin to be the same guy he was during that crazy run, but there is absolutely no question that he is a solid point guard, and has the tools to be better.

And don't mention the way the Heat shut him down. There's no one out there at his age and his experience that was going to beat a Miami Heat defense focusing so much attention on him. They're main objective was to shut down Lin, and they did that.

/rant

^Agreed. How about we focus on getting a young back-up to provide Lin some rest instead of trying to give him the boot. He might not be a star in skill but he does create for others and can also score when need be. We have a solid option right in front of us that could be here long-term. I can take 15/3/6 with no issues at the PG spot.

Back
Top Bottom