let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I have my doubts as well.

Everyone refers to Baron's assist rate without realizing that he won't be doing that in NYC. Melo will dominate the ball. He will be relegated to spot up shooter duty. If that's the case, I'd much rather someone like Mo Williams.

Want to go higher than a 2nd round sweep in the playoffs? Melo MUST learn to play without the ball.

How do the coaches plan on splitting time between the 5 guards? Who on the bench can score against a real NBA team?

There are alot of issues that will need to be addressed

name a superstar who plays better off the ball than melo (aside from dwight howard).  if u want to say he needs to stop dominating the ball so much that is one thing but to act like he has no game without the ball in his hands is moronic.  i dont know many sf's who can do that lil drop step spin move and finish a lob like he did the other day.  i agree though as a team we do not needing him dominating the ball as much now that we got a real pg.
So the Knicks have a real point guard now. Cool.

Real point guards need the ball right? What's the best part of Carmelo's game? His iso game, no?

So how does Melo and Baron fit together? The Knicks plan on running their offense through Melo because he's the best offensive option.

Now if you want to see those PG skills of Baron that everyone's raving about, what has to happen? Melo will have to become a better cutter, better shooter on spot up 3's & learn how to play in the pick and roll.

Add to the fact that they will miss 8-10 weeks of playing time to learn each other's strengths.

Do you remember the last time Melo played with a guard that needed the ball in his hands to be effective?

Can it work? Of course. Do I think it will? Probably not.

my new wallpaper...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

peep the song playing too....

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]

all those things u just listed melo does fine and it can work if baron davis plays like we know he is capable of. i dont see how a healthy baron davis isn't a real pg. and nobody on this team is chucking like iverson was u really cant hold that against him.

Originally Posted by arrjae2

my new wallpaper...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

peep the song playing too....

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]

I love it, gets me hyped for this season 
eek.gif

I've always had my doubts about Melo... Amare too. I don't deny their talent or ability, but they need to deliver and step up this season in big ways and in clutch situations. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dudes is talking like Melo dominates the ball 48 min a game.

As far as what I've been seeing Pringles' system is making him a better player, even when playing without the ball.

Son... Did yall not see how Baron and S Jax used to play in Golden State ? They SHARED ball handling duties and still Baron was up there in assist . If you don't like Melo or the Knicks then don't like them just don't come up with weak $#@ excuses on why he won't work with a REAL Point Guard.

always liked Novak since college, real similar to Williams except Shawne's a better rebounder, legit 6-10 that shoots the lights out ill take it 

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I have my doubts as well.

Everyone refers to Baron's assist rate without realizing that he won't be doing that in NYC. Melo will dominate the ball. He will be relegated to spot up shooter duty. If that's the case, I'd much rather someone like Mo Williams.

Want to go higher than a 2nd round sweep in the playoffs? Melo MUST learn to play without the ball.

How do the coaches plan on splitting time between the 5 guards? Who on the bench can score against a real NBA team?

There are alot of issues that will need to be addressed
Melo played with Andre Miller just fine. He avg'd 26 a game & Miller put up 8 assists.

Heck, the season after that, before Miller was sent to Philly for Iverson, Melo was droppin 30 a night & Miller was at 9 assists per.

Melo can play with true PGs. Baron also makes Chandler & even Amare more of a threat offensively than Mo Williams ever could.

i have mixed feelings about getting Novak...

dude could be our 'Peja', from last year. lights out, but thats all he really does.
id rather go for Playoff Posey. he can shoot, and he can play defense....

^ thats true. hopefully he's still a decent perimeter defender. 
ohwell.gif

and ONegative, it was key to having Tyson sign here. thanks Landry! 
laugh.gif

no to novak... i would get posey if theres nobody else to get... hes a decent pickup... but i would use the leftover cap space on al thorton... he was decent on the clippers... i think he can be good for the bench

Back
Top Bottom