let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

30t6p3b.gif
if those Bill Simmons tweets are real.

I hate Dolan.
EDIT: BTW, I'm calling it now. half-way into the regular season next year, we will all be calling for Woodson's head. Just as much as D'antoni needed a defensive assistance, Woodson will need an offensive assistant. His offensive schemes are probably one of the WORST in the league. A lot of people forgot why he got fired from Atlanta. It's because he didn't have the offensive game plans to use 3 perfectly good players (Johnson, Smith and Horford) together. Atlanta had the same predictable offensive schemes during his tenure there. He eventually lost the team and locker room, because he wouldn't stop yelling at his players. 

Woodson is NOT the coach for us and I honestly see this team blowing up, or least Amare leaving the team within the next 2 years. D'Antoni couldn't get Amare and Melo to play together and he was considered one the best offensive coaches in the league. You think Woodson can do any better? I don't think some of you realize just how bad of an offensive coach Woodson is. 

I shutter to think that there are actually some Knick fans out there that truly believe Jeremy Lin will be the answer to our problems. Unless Lin somehow magically becomes a Rondo overnight, I don't think his game will mesh with Amare or Melo. Do we need a PG? Of course, we do! But we need a PG that is able to facilitate the ball to our stars and gets everyone involved. Not some second year, end of the bench guy that happened to have one the hottest streaks in NBA history and is maliciously known for turning ball over. Our game scores will be around the 80-90's range. And when the game gets close, all we'll see is iso plays for Melo and prayers that he hits game winning shots 
laugh.gif

The sad part behind all this is that I don't think Dolan or the Knicks FO believes Lin to be a great PG. They only want him around to bring in more money. (duh) It's like what most of you guys have said years ago (i've been reading NT for years), winning starts from the top-down. If the owner wants to win, the team will find a way to win. This applies to every professional sporting association. If you don't have an owner thats concerned about winning and doesn't invest into that, then the team won't win. Just like how anything else works in life--You get back as much as you put in. Right now, the Knicks are putting in a lot of fillers and cutting corners just to make an extra buck. Mark my words--Unless Dolan leaves/sells the team or he happens to one day wake up and changes the way he runs everything, then we will never win a championship. 

I suppose ranting and saying all this is a moot point, because this has been discussed and said countless times before. I guess we should take HTTB philosophy and just go with what we have. 

If the Knicks and Woodson were smart, an offensive assistant SHOULD be hired by the beginning of next season. If not, then God help us. 

End of rant. Sorry, I just see how teams like San Antonio and OKC are run and I tell myself we can be that way too. Until someone kills Dolan
laugh.gif

God, we're like the Raiders of the NBA 
sick.gif
Melo is the offensive assistant

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

laugh.gif
Somebody tell me how Durant is better than Melo again?
I'll gladly take Durant who is 23 years old with upside over Melo who is what he is.

@!%% Kenny Smith, @!%% Mario Elie, @!%% Otis Thorpe, @!%% Vernon Maxwell, @!%% Sam Cassell, @!%% Rudy T, and @!%% the Dream.

Somebody please tell me how Durant is better than melo without using the term "upside" and telling me his age.

Lol. He's way, way better than Melo right now.  Happy?

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

[h3]Knicks Meet With Argentinian Point Guard Pablo Prigioni[/h3]
Jun 19, 2012 10:30 AM EDT

Grunwald_Glenn_nyk_120216.jpg
The Knick met last week with Pablo Prigioni, a 35-year-old point guard who played last season in Spain for Unicaja Laboral.

Prigioni has been on the Knicks’ radar since 2009 and is believed to open to the NBA after spending his entire career in Europe.

really though?
eyes.gif

I actually think this a good move! Prigioni is a great playmaker and clutch shooter. If the Knicks can re-sign Lin and bring in Prigioni (who is respected by many of the players on Argentina's national) team) on the cheap I say do it.

He does. He's here all the time. Probably here right now. He made some comments to the media about TP's condition after being involved in that Drake/CB club bottling throwing fiasco.

Somebody please tell me how Durant is better than melo without using the term "upside" and telling me his age.

Man i ask everybody this and all they say is durant is taller and can score better. Melo can score just as much as durant and more but he would be called a ball hog.I would take melo over durant.Ive been saying this. Melo is the most clutch shooter in the nba and comes up big in scoring when he faces stars like lebron.Dude just gets pairs with people always want to score like him and they can't.

[h1]The Knicks Fix: Time to Move On From LeBron [/h1]
[h2]Thursday, June 21, 2012[/h2] [h2]By Alan Hahn
MSG.com [/h2]

lebron.jpg

It was a song Lois Blaisch first performed in Thousand Oaks, Calif., thousands of miles away from New York and light years from anything involving what we're about to discuss. But her words matter right now.

It was the late 80s then, and this song, sung by Tiffany, was a weepy ballad of forlornness; the absence of a love lost. Of a love that never was. But a love that could've been ...

And all these years later, when LeBron James completes his destiny tonight with the Miami Heat to win the NBA championship, I encourage you to turn down the sound on your television, watch him celebrate and play this song.

Could've been so beautiful
Could've been so right
You can't hold what could've been
On a cold and lonely night….

After this, it will be time to let him go.

LeBron James could've had a red carpet rolled out for him from Cleveland to New York in 2010. He could've been carried here on a palanquin mounted on the shoulders of Derek Jeter, Mark Messier, Joe Namath and Walt Frazier. He could've made billions -- yes, that's with a b and an s -- in branding and countless business ventures. He could've had the key to the city and the key to our hearts.

He could've been the new sports icon of the biggest sports city in the universe.

And it could've been so beautiful. It could've been so right.

But that's not what he wanted. And the only criticism that decision -- not The Decision, but his actual decision -- deserves is that he didn't want to be with great people like us. It's our civic right to feel that way.

But as LeBron stands in the shower of confetti at American Airlines Arena, with that leather-skinned Pat Riley grinning with the satisfaction he failed to deliver here, you should not besmirch the player, the game or the result.

Instead, consider why he did it.

We dismissed it as weak when he chose to join forces with fellow star Dwyane Wade in his pursuit of a championship. We called him out for not having the stuff to lift a city like New York on his broad shoulders the way Messier did and sing like Michael Jackson: If this town is just an apple, then let me take a bite.

LeBron didn't want a bite of the Apple. He didn't want the challenge that literally brought Patrick Ewing to his knees, brought Stephon Marbury to near insanity and now has his good friend Carmelo Anthony staying behind tinted glass as often as possible rather than strolling the streets of, as Melo once put it, "the city that made me."

He didn't want the promise of a billion-dollar bank account, which was something Donald Trump told him would be easiest to accomplish in New York, but confidant Warren Buffet countered it was equally possible anywhere else. Nevertheless, it was a younger LeBron who talked about wanting to be a billionaire soooo freakin' ba-a-ad. But as he matured, he learned basketball legacy can't be measured in finances.

What LeBron wanted was to win and this, and only this, is where Riley and the Heat had the advantage. They had Wade, who had already been to the mountaintop. They had Riley, who had been there several times, as well. They added Chris Bosh, yet another all-star. And Miami had the glitz and glamour of New York without the media intensity and state income tax.

It was, as difficult as it is to admit, a relatively easy decision.

But what could've been, that is the most difficult to let go. Had there been no chance, had there been no salary cap space, there is no jilted emotion. Kobe Bryant was a free agent in 2005 and all the capped-out Knicks had to offer was a Mid-Level Exception. There was no reasonable pitch to be made.

For LeBron, there were no limitations. Scott O'Neill took the floor on the morning of July 1 and drove it home like Don Draper. The Knicks identified every target on LeBron's wish list without a single hitch. Forget what was said about Donnie Walsh's presence in a wheelchair; that wasn't within range of LeBron's final decision.

It was the scheme Wade and Riley hatched that clinched it days before July 1, 2010 arrived. Tampering? Child, please. Wade had no restrictions to start firing torpedoes at all competition before the first formal meeting took place.

Actually, the genesis of LeBron James in Miami was June 15, 1995, when a fax transmission arrived at 2 Penn Plaza. Pat Riley had resigned as head coach to take on a powerful role running Micky Arison's franchise in Miami.

Riley went for the money and power -- he was given an ownership stake and full control of basketball operations -- despite having a Knicks team that was championship-caliber and had gone the distance in 1994. In fact, if not for Riley's own faults (such as: failing to utilize veteran sharpshooter Rolando Blackman as John Starks was shooting blanks in Game 7), the Knicks might have won that title.

But LeBron didn't go for the money or the power, which is what a move to New York would have been considered. LeBron went for the chance to win a championship (not one, not two, not three…).

The method, the self-aggrandizing ESPN special, the WWE-inspired stage show, the "He Hate Me" pity, was certainly worthy of criticism. But as he disposed of the superficial clutter from the 2010-11 season, LeBron seemed to finally discover exactly what was the motivation for making this move in the first place: to win. He returned to MVP form and what we've seen in these NBA Finals is exactly the reason whyWalsh and the Knicks gutted the franchise just to be in the game for his services. This is a once-in-a-generation player and he's delivering a once-in-a-generation performance in these playoffs.

And in hindsight, absent of the collective disillusionment for this Heat team and Wade's ever-growing vilification, we have to acknowledge that two years ago LeBron, at the peak of his career, put the game ahead of his bank account. Even in New York, that is something to appreciate.

But that doesn't mean it's something we're supposed to accept. With Amar'e Stoudemire, with a few other pieces and Mike D'Antoni's offense, maybe it could've happened here in New York for LeBron.

Maybe it could've been beautiful, could've been right.
But it wasn't. So it's time to let it go.

cliffnotes: John Starks game 7 in the 1994 finals is to blame for everything happening right now 
grin.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 no, not really...but its a good read 

Back
Top Bottom