let this thread die (NYK)

I dont even have any signed knicks stuff
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I got Walt Clyde's autograph five or six years ago before a game against the Pacers. Somehow me and my cousin snuck up behind him while he was setting up at his announcing position and asked for autographs. Dude didn't say a word the whole time, though.

7. New York Knicks (35-31)

This might seem pessimistic in light of the hype coming from Gotham, but in the short term, I'm not sure the Knicks have dramatically improved. They've essentially traded Chauncey Billups for Tyson Chandler, which will help, but this is the wrong season to have a thin bench and brittle stars. Between Amare Stoudemire's knees and Chandler's toes, the Knicks are likely to feel the brunt of the schedule-makers' wrath.

Baron Davis, despite his weaknesses, will prove quite useful when he's able to play. Mike'Antoni's system demands a point guard who can pass, and Davis can do that when he's not jacking up 3s with 20 on the shot clock. It's even more important given the Knicks' other high-profile moves -- they boast three of the best frontcourt finishers in the game, but nobody to get them the ball.

I factored half a season of Davis into my projection, figuring he will miss more than a quarter of the season with his current back injury and then some more with his next injury. When he's out, the Knicks have Toney Douglas running the point, which is less than ideal. While I like him as a player, he's a bad fit at the point in this system because he's blind as a bat.

Otherwise, the roster is a bit of a mess. Landry Fields and Iman Shumpert are nice prospects but aren't ready to be top-seven players on a contending team. Jared Jeffries and Renaldo Balkman are the top two frontcourt reserves. Really. And at some point the Knicks will have to play Mike Bibby in a real game.

About the best thing New York has going for it is, well, New York. Players are lured by the city, and, as with the Lakers, the Knicks have a great shot at signing any decent veteran who shakes free during the season via buyout, waivers or departure from China. Better yet, the Knicks still have their $2.5 million "under-cap" exception lying around to use on such a player.

Nonetheless, I have trouble envisioning a high seed for this team. The Knicks get more dangerous once the playoffs begin. If their three frontcourt stars and Davis make it to May upright, they'll be a very difficult first-round out. Getting to that point is the problem.
We Have all these concerns but Boston , Atlanta , Philly , and Orlando don't ?
laugh.gif
OK 

Hollinger has never liked the Knicks..Dude is a mathematician that takes stats and percentages from previous seasons and inputs them into mindless formulas and comes up with a prediction. He has the Nuggets finishing 2nd in the West which is a joke. My worst case scenario for this current squad when healthy is a 5th seed..He has the Pacers and Sixers finishing with a better record which is pathetic

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Hollinger has never liked the Knicks..Dude is a mathematician that takes stats and percentages from previous seasons and inputs them into mindless formulas and comes up with a prediction. He has the Nuggets finishing 2nd in the West which is a joke. My worst case scenario for this current squad when healthy is a 5th seed..He has the Pacers and Sixers finishing with a better record which is pathetic

Your right he is a stat geek but he throws all that out the window when talking about the Knicks instead he goes off emotion . In 24 hours gallo went from a overrated chucker who can't pay defense to a one of the best prospects in the league and a borderline all star and Moz went from a garbage player who shouldn't be in the league to a big oozing with potential. How can it go from we don't have any assets to acquire Carmelo Anthony to Denver got away with robbery ? I just don't get it

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

this sounds interesting...  let's say I do have some extra concords on my hands... however, this Knicks fan lives all the way in Hawaii and has a man-cave filled with autographed memorabilia (so far from the Knicks I got a Walt Frazier signed ball, team ball signed by the 2011 Knicks squad,  and melo jersey shirt signed)  I sure could use some rare Knicks items to put on display 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

where in HI? My bro is in Ewa Beach.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

tim thomas autographed headband? howard eisley autographed paper?

roll.gif
a true must have for any Knicks fan.. if that's not good enough, I got Mardy Collins autographed Starburys.
pimp.gif

Sidenote: nice avy gregzzy23.
sorry I just read this but wowzers 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Dude is flat out hating if he thinks the Knicks are going to be a 7th seed.

Think the East is gonna be something like

Miami
Chicago
NYC
Boston
Orlando
Indiana
Atlanta
Milwaukee....I trust them as a 8th seed over Philly

Hollinger had them 7th because he thinks Amare & Chandler will get hurt and he has Baron going down again whenever he returns. Obviously the knicks are a top 4 team in the east barring injury

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Hollinger had them 7th because he thinks Amare & Chandler will get hurt and he has Baron going down again whenever he returns. Obviously the knicks are a top 4 team in the east barring injury

Why does he just place injuries on us but not the Celtics ?

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Why does he just place injuries on us but not the Celtics ?

Because injuries don't effect other teams. By the way, I think he has the Nuggets second in the west.
roll.gif

Funny that the thing holding the Knicks back from being a legit contender is potential injuries but the Clippers with an injury prone CP3 with bad knees and Blake Griffin who missed 82 straight games due to injury are already contenders. Whatever though. Let em talk while they can. Once the season record proves them wrong, they'll just say "Well, those injuries are bound to turn up in the playoffs"

I really wished Shawne resigned. He was tough and had a mean streak, something to prove. Not that that's a slight to Novak cuz I haven't seen him Play but still

Back
Top Bottom