nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Serious question....

Why would Sloan or Jackson touch this roster w/ a 10 foot pole?
management would back these coaches. no nonsense type guys. if melo/amare isnt performing, phil and sloan would bench their #%+.
How'd Larry Brown work out? 

Gotta agree w. DP...not seeing why Sloan or Jackson would come to NY with this roster.  Sloan famously butted heads w. Deron Williams, who by all accounts is MUCH more coachable than Melo.  You think he's gonna want to put up with his BS? 
This. New coach or not, it's not going to work unless there's change. One of those two if not both, have to go. It's not like they're two wildly talented star players who are willing to make it work ("Ain't that like...") for the greater good. Two forwards with extremely similar game who are limited defensively. Knicks aren't going to keep a true winning squad until management decides to let capable people build it. And with Jim Dolan at the helm forever... 

Originally Posted by Curious24

mel and tyson for dwight. do it now and trade amare to lakers for gasol. build for lin (win).

if you are bringing in a new coach, you might as well blow this whole thing up and get rid of those contracts. are amare and melo guys phil see as championship players? lin is off the books and makes minimum so he can is low risk. knicks might as well roll the dice with dwight.

Guys D'Antoni wasn't the answer but this is Basketball. This is not Football, Coaching only takes you so far in Basketball. It's all about the players and the team in my opinion. 

Let's see what happens now but believe me, I'm not expecting anything that much better then what we've already seen. I don't know one coach in basketball that has taken a team out of the playoff race one year and brought them to the Conference Finals the next.

Thats Real Talk, now Melo and Stat better step up. Especially Melo since he's gotten everything he's wanted.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by zapatito007

damm they played my dude herb williams ,he should of took over
Do you know how many times Herb Williams has been passed over?
laugh.gif

Herb Williams is like dude from Office Space w. the red stapler
laugh.gif

No excuses for Melo now.  He better put the team on his back and get them in the playoffs...and get out of the 1st round. 

^
roll.gif
exactly. If I were him, I wouldn't even want to be an assistant on the Knicks. Those two short stints as head coach and then getting replaced was just straight disrespectful.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[h1]Report: Jerry Sloan has interest in coaching Knicks[/h1]
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

That would be crazy
eek.gif
but I don't think he wants to coach another team.

Phil or Zeke

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Guys D'Antoni wasn't the answer but this is Basketball. This is not Football, Coaching only takes you so far in Basketball. It's all about the players and the team in my opinion. 

Let's see what happens now but believe me, I'm not expecting anything that much better then what we've already seen. I don't know one coach in basketball that has taken a team out of the playoff race one year and brought them to the Conference Finals the next.

Thats Real Talk, now Melo and Stat better step up. Especially Melo since he's gotten everything he's wanted.

Melo is a crybaby. Can someone tell him he can't have everything in this world go his way?

Got damn man, There's never been a player who I used to like so damn much, become one of my least-liked players in the NBA.

Saw this on realgm my bad if its been posted.

Orlando is interested in a trade with the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, according to sources. New York has discussed the deal internally but have been given no assurance Howard would remain with the team in the long-term.

All of this stems from the front office. Dolan is the direct antithesis to Mark Cuban.

With that said, MDA was like the third highest paid coach in the league. With that money comes expectations. Sorry. NYC already has enough expectations as is....this season really exposed this guy...

And i may be wrong...but coaches control playing time no? If a guy is breaking the offense, they have power to bench them? correct?

Have we forgotten that D'Antoni was gone at the end of the season anyway...Linsanity just prolonged the inevitable. He probably saw all the heat being placed on Melo and quickly resigned before the heat came back around to him.

People saying that Melo didn't buy into the D'Antoni system, and this is probably true...but I can't completely blame him for failing to buy into the system someone who's on their way out the door.

Will be at the game tonight. Should be a media circus and quite interesting.

D'Antoni had his faults but I agree that he is the scapegoat and not the problem. The players on this roster need to look in the mirror check their ego's and start putting in the effort that is necessary to win. The talent exists on this roster but I am not sure about everyone's heart.

melo didnt buy into a system that turned him into a spot up shooter in the corner

im shocked

check what playing for a diff coach has done for gallo. he isn't just a shooter anymore

Back
Top Bottom