let this thread die (NYK)

This is the time for the Knicks to prove themselves..Every time this team loses at home or loses a road game in a hostile environment, we all say "they had a bulls-eye on their back because they beat this team by 20 last time they played...The opposing team came out with passion because they wanted to end Linsanity, etc.." But that's not really an excuse because what about the Miami Heat? You don't think teams wanna destroy them every time they play them? Same with the Thunder, Lakers or any other big name team that gets a lot of media hype. If they can win with the opponent gunning for an underdog win, the Knicks should as well. That's a true testament of a playoff team.

Whoa  

Did not know the Bucks had that easy of a schedule left 
eyes.gif

No Bueno.

The Bucks are peaking late because their schedule was tougher early in the season than it was later in the year.

The Knicks schedule was easy and is now harder than it was before the All-Star break..Unfortunately, this team wasn't a cohesive unit before the whole "Linsanity" thing, so the team couldn't take advantage of that softer schedule. So we can't really sit here and be upset that we have a harder remaining schedule because this team had it's chances to win games against weaker teams.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Every game counts now. Eff the 8th spot we coming after Philly

This is exactly how the Knicks need to look at this..Who cares about Milwaukee? If they keep winning games, it won't matter what Milwaukee does..All the Knicks need is 2-3 more wins than the Bucks over the next few weeks and they're in...Philly is floundering, and the Pacers aren't exactly coasting through the 2nd half of the season either. Boston can move up a spot or 2, and the Pacers/Sixers can drop 2 spots with a few losses. If the Knicks keep their winning ways, no reason why they should only focus on getting the 8th seed

I'm not mad that the Bucks have an easy schedule, I'm mad that we didn't take advantage of our easy schedule in the beginning of the year. Regardless of who was coaching and what was going on we should have won some of those games just on pure talent. Now we're in dire straights with Monta Ellis going to the Bucks. They're coming for that spot.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Every game counts now. Eff the 8th spot we coming after Philly

This is exactly how the Knicks need to look at this..Who cares about Milwaukee? If they keep winning games, it won't matter what Milwaukee does..All the Knicks need is 2-3 more wins than the Bucks over the next few weeks and they're in...Philly is floundering, and the Pacers aren't exactly coasting through the 2nd half of the season either. Boston can move up a spot or 2, and the Pacers/Sixers can drop 2 spots with a few losses. If the Knicks keep their winning ways, no reason why they should only focus on getting the 8th seed

Completely agree.
The aim ain't just to scrape into the playoffs just to say we did.

We're supposed to be a contender, we need to act like it and come out with the intensity and aim of winning every game.

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

got me feeling like its about to be 99 all over again, spurs vs knicks
laugh.gif
may be reaching but fuxk it

And if they stay in the 7th or 8th spot they will face Miami in the first round...just like in '99
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LovesIt

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

got me feeling like its about to be 99 all over again, spurs vs knicks
laugh.gif
may be reaching but fuxk it

And if they stay in the 7th or 8th spot they will face Miami in the first round...just like in '99
pimp.gif

UPSET!

Amazing what a coaching change and 2 (admittedly blowout) wins will do.

A few days ago the world was going to end. Now we're going to upset Miami in the 1st round and make a run to the Finals.

Cool.

There is no reason why we can't finish out the month of March without losing a game.. as Danny Granger would say, all of the remaining games this month are ""winnable." I'm glad we got 2 in a row. This team really has to avoid any sort of losing streak, even 2 games in a row. We have to start building the W's up. 8th seed is corny. If our team is forreal, 6th seed and better.

we should chill. It's a two game win streak. Two.
view it with cautious optimism just like linsanity.

I know yall want to be optimistic and confident after these last two wins and hopeful for the rest of the season but yall should look at our schedule in April. You may think we're suppose to beat certain teams but that's been us all season.

I'd be happy with an 8th seed. I'm not worried about what Mil does and I'm aware Indy and Philly are slipping but still lets get a good winning streak where we're above or around .500 first.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Amazing what a coaching change and 2 (admittedly blowout) wins will do.

A few days ago the world was going to end. Now we're going to upset Miami in the 1st round and make a run to the Finals.

Cool
QFT. Thank You!
Dude's are street dreaming right now, heavy 
laugh.gif

Let's try to get to .500 or a couple games over before we start saying outlandish things like this. The road to the 8th seed will not be pleasant, catching Philly is not realistic at the present moment. 

Originally Posted by debs 168

we should chill. It's a two game win streak. Two.
view it with cautious optimism just like linsanity.

Linsanity was a different beast IMO..They were riding a wave of momentum and had a few wins where they just hit shots late when the other team wasn't (like the Raptors game where Lin hit the game winner)...These 2 wins were defense based wins..Now, if they stop playing hard nose defense the next few games, then I'll be singing a different tune..But I honestly can't recall a time this season where the team played extremely tough defense for 2 full games so seeing it + a new defensive minded coach + star players saying things like "Playing defense is fun" makes me more optimistic than I was during the Linsanity winning streak.

Back
Top Bottom