let this thread die (NYK)

no front, nets could really be a serious threat if they play there cards right. Knicks need to start making moves

^ nets are garbage lets face it... even if they keep deron they got a team of him, humpries, gerald and brook... thats a team thats not impressive... im not trying to hate and be biased but just being honest... why deron would want to continue his career there is beyond me... he is not winning a championship anytime soon even if dwight went there...and adding kidd is not going to help... and im not even going to start on nash... he cares about the money and not his legacy... sure he can go to the raptors or stay on the suns but how will the benefit his career or his legacy? he won't even have a shot at the championship with those 2 teams

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Not a chance in hell Houston would accept that STAT trade. Love it or not, Amare (and his contract) will be here for the foreseeable future. Trade scenarios involving STAT are pointless.

Yeah, Hou ain't doing that trade. And I also agree that STAT is most likely here for the duration of his contract. He's not getting traded.

If Joe Johnson can get traded so can Stat.

The problem is the Knicks won't get fair market value for him. People would really take another bad contract instead of keeping him.

Like I said I'm a give him a pass this lockout season. Cause everytime he looked like he was gonna get it going. A setback automatically came.
Specially the one before his brother's death. Everything looked liked it almost clicked.

He also gets to train this off-season unlike last year

When you guys bring up another player with a bad/long contract and compare that player to Amar'e, you seem to forget that STAT has a contract that is NOT, I repeat NOT insured. And the only reason the Knicks agreed to that is because they lost out on LBJ and were desperate to get a big name to come here. Please don't forget the state of this franchise prior to Amar'e signing. It was viewed as a wreck and no player wanted to come to NY. Hence the reason the Knicks had to go the extra mile and not insure his deal.

Outside of the Knicks and maybe the Lakers, most franchises cannot afford the risk associated with Stoudemire, making him highly unfavorable in trade.

The new Collective Bargaining Agreement would not allow the Amnesty provision to be used on Stoudemire if acquired in trade. Once a player is traded he is no longer an Amnesty-eligible player.

The new Stretch provision, which allows teams to spread out the payments on bad contracts to lower the cash-flow impact of cut players, only applies to new deals.

And in 2013 when Stoudemire is just turning 31 and owed 21.67 million the new luxury tax will kick in, making his deal extremely expensive to a team over the tax line.

Acquiring Stoudemire is very, very risky.

Most teams have no issues with $83 million, because they are insulated with insurance. Not the case with Stoudemire. Knee surgeries on both knees and back issues are huge red flags, especially in the face of a massively restrictive tax system on the horizon.

http://www.hoopsworld.com...nt-on-a-stoudemire-trade

Again, ONLY the Knicks were willing to move forward on a deal with Amar'e without some sort of insurance on his health:

When Stoudemire received the Suns "final offer" -- a five-year, $95 million deal with partial guarantees on the last two years, contingent on Stoudemire playing a minimum of 2,200 minutes his third and fourth seasons -- Stoudemire pulled out of the negotiations, a source told Ford.
http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=5349419

This is why he was the first or one of the first guys to sign a deal from the 2010 free agent class.

Stoudemire and the Knicks quickly found each other last week, each in need of a soft landing place. The 27-year-old Stoudemire was looking for a team that still believed he could be a dominant player in the next few years, despite concerns about his knees and his eyes following serious injuries to each. And the Knicks, who'd sold their fans for the last two years that they'd be a major player in free agency this summer, able to lure the likes of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, were desperate for a splashy acquisition that would give fans hope and add to their depleted roster.
http://www.nba.com/2010/n...demire.knicks/index.html

I'm not saying Amar'e CAN'T be traded. But if he is dealt, you best believe that the Knicks won't be getting back fair value. They will either have to take back some ridiculous contract or they will have to take back a player or two who's total value is less than Amar'e's.

So no matter how bad you guys think Pau's or Scola's or Joe Johnson's contract is, it ain't as bad as Amar'e because they ALL have a clean bill of health compared to STAT. Talent-wise, Amar'e is great. But financially speaking, no GM will take him unless he wants to get fired.

Now watch the dude go and get traded for Dwight tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

If Joe Johnson can get traded so can Stat.

The problem is the Knicks won't get fair market value for him. People would really take another bad contract instead of keeping him.

I have no gripes with stat and I think he'll have a bounceback season esp with some rest, but Joe Johnson does not have chronic back issues and that's why nobody would take STAT's contract, too much of a risk.

Stat isn't going anywhere. Knicks wen't all in w/ Melo/Stat/Chandler last year and I don't see them changing it. I wish he would play defense and box out, but I still think he can play at an all star level. In all honesty, i thought we definitely had a top 4 team in the East if we were healthy. With Rose out next year too, I think we bring back the same team we'd be 2nd or 3rd best depending on what happens w/ the Celtics. You look at the playoffs and Lin was out, Chandler was sick games 1 and 2, Stat was out game 3 and injured in 4 and 5, Baron went out in game 4 and Shumpert played 3 quarters. Would we have beaten Boston or Mia? Who knows. (prob not Mia)

But the biggest issues with this team is not whether or not the 3m midlevel backup pg we sign is going to save the team. It's whether or not Lin can be as good as he was for half a season. If Lin is a truely solid, capable PG who can give us average defense, and something like 15 pts and 8 assists while not throwing the ball away too much, that will probably be good enough for a team with 3 guys making what they are. I like his killer instinct and I believe in the guy, so hopefully Lin can improve and be the player we need. But his is a team built around Carmelo and Amare. They need to learn to play together, and we'll see how good this team really is. But if you don't believe in Lin, and you don't believe in Stat, then we're screwed. Because that's the team for the next 3 years and that's what we are. Big changes likely aren't coming. So taking last years' team, where do you improve it and what do we need?

We need a backup pg to replace Bibby and Baron, depending on what happens btwn Fields/Smith/Novak we need 2 guys who can make a jumper and guard the 2s while Shump is out, and insurance at the 4/5 if Amare can't stay healthy.

So with 1- we don't NEED Nash as much as we just need a guard who can bring the ball up for 20 min/gm, play competent defense, and occasionally make a shot. We're obviously goin with Lin. He'll either take us there or not. Obviously having someone as good as Steve Nash could change the team dramatically, but that's also almost like saying we'd be better if we had Kevin Durant and LeBron James. It's probably not going to happen, and it's not 100% necessary. Unless you don't believe in Jeremy Lin, we just need a capable backup, and anything more than that is a luxury. Bibby did all you could ask for with a min. salary backup, and played decently in the playoffs. If you had a healthy Lin + someone playing the level of Bibby/Baron in last yrs playoffs, I could live with that. Baron actually played very well both offensively and defensively actually before his injury. It's a shame how he went down. If he'd want to come back for a min, i'd love to have him on the roster in the future as the 15th guy until he can play again even a season from now. Idk what happens here, but I have a feeling we end up with Felton. (my guess: deron stays in bk, backed up by Kidd, Nash goes to Dallas. Dragic gets paid 10/ by Hou, bc they know how good he is. Hope i'm wrong bc it'd be hilarious if deron goes to Dallas and BK has nothing).

2- I'd love bringing back JR, but I see someone else paying him. Looks like the Knicks love Landry and Novak, but hopefully we'll get 1 other guy at the 2 who can play d while Shumpert's out. I like Gerald Green alot, and I also wouldn't mind Alonso Gee or Grant Hill. I don't think they'd let him go, but Danny Green could also help. so could Marco Belinelli. The Knicks needed someone besides Carmelo to score when he was on the bench and there was no one. JR tried, but JR failed. Fields played like garbage. If JR goes, whoever we get to replace him would be pretty huge. You saw how last 2 years, guys like Deshawn Stevenson and Shane Battier ended up making the difference in those finals games.

3- no idea. anyone who shows they have some sort of talent playing defense or rebounding. If Jefferies comes back, this isn't really so much an issue only bc we have Harrelson and Melo plays the 4. With melo at the 4, that makes the swingman/JR Smith role even more important actually.

Im hearing Chris Paul just declined the Clippers Max contract extension and Isola thinks he's trying to get his way here next year
laugh.gif
come home CP3 Only way in hell that happens is if we move Stoudemire for an expiring which will not happen

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Im hearing Chris Paul just declined the Clippers Max contract extension and Isola thinks he's trying to get his way here next year
laugh.gif
come home CP3 Only way in hell that happens is if we move Stoudemire for an expiring which will not happen
laugh.gif
 Dont give me any hope that this can happen again. I was fully over CP3 making his way here. Now your tellin me we got a shot?
Spoiler [+]
35noi6.jpg

cp3 declined because hes due for a big contract next summer. he will resign with the clips. and if we dont get nash i hope we get felton. that would be a good consolation prize

From the offseason thread

@WojYahooNBA Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

Please god let this be something that actually could happen
laugh.gif

isola is just getting hits to his twitter. or taking hits from the bong.

either way. its not happening. But I am surprised he declined their offer.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

From the offseason thread

@WojYahooNBA Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

Please god let this be something that actually could happen
laugh.gif

please happen

Lin and Fields for Nash... Make it happen Glen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm also really warming up to the idea of Dhantay Jones. If we could trade Fields in this deal I'd be fine with signing him, and using him as a role player behind Shumpert and JR. He's not great offensively but he is athletic and a very good defender, plus his 3 point game still deserves more respect than Landry. If we can make that deal happen and sign Dhantay we could contend in the East, who knows? Maybe Nash could even bring back the OG Stat

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Lin and Fields for Nash... Make it happen Glen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm also really warming up to the idea of Dhantay Jones. If we could trade Fields in this deal I'd be fine with signing him, and using him as a role player behind Shumpert and JR. He's not great offensively but he is athletic and a very good defender, plus his 3 point game still deserves more respect than Landry. If we can make that deal happen and sign Dhantay we could contend in the East, who knows? Maybe Nash could even bring back the OG Stat

I agree but unfortunately jones got his option picked up

NycKnicks105 has been talking about us getting Dhantay Jones. I think he'd be a cheap sign and would bring in a lot of value. He can defend and create for himself. I'd look into DJ.
EDIT: Just read that his option got picked up.

I don't ever want to see Fields in a Knicks jersey again 
tired.gif

Lin and Fields for Nash is a steal.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Dont give me any hope that this can happen again. I was fully over CP3 making his way here. Now your tellin me we got a shot?
Spoiler [+]
35noi6.jpg

Classic, lol....one of my fav movies

Back
Top Bottom