let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Late but James White

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I am glad he's back in the NBA. Kinda wish the Knicks gave him a two-year contract. 

EDIT: Just curious, will Grant Hill joins Steve Nash in New York?

Proph do me a favor and just re-title the thread Toney Douglas is gone. Hurts less than seeing Shump's name in it.

^ Well at least it got changed to something
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ that blatant sign.
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Knicks Land Forward From Italian League[/h1] [h6]By NATE TAYLOR[/h6][h6]Published: July 4, 2012 [/h6]
The Knicks agreed Wednesday morning with forward James White on an offer sheet for a one-year deal. The 6-foot-7 White has played the past two seasons in the Italian Serie A, the country’s highest professional league.

White averaged 17 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists a game last seaspm for VL Pesaro. He also led the league in free throws made and attempted. In the previous season, White led the league by scoring 21 points a game for Dinamo Sassari.

According to the terms of the deal, which was first reported by sportando.net, White will make the league minimum of $854,000. The deal cannot be completed until next Wednesday, after the end of the N.B.A.’s annual moratorium. The Knicks are prohibited from commenting until then.

White has limited experience playing in the N.B.A., although he has had two stints in the league. He played six games for San Antonio in the 2006-7 season. White also spent the entire 2008-9 season with Houston but appeared in only four games for a total of 11 minutes.

White, 29, said he hoped to be a valued role player for the Knicks.

“I’m overjoyed and relieved,

laugh.gif
@ us winning the early bird rights arbitration only to let Lin dip.

Remember when we won that and we were all happy?
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure shump dosent want to leave ny either since his instagram is is_21_nykallday and his always says he is new York and loves the team

When does Daryl Morey ever reap benefits of his off season decisions?
laugh.gif
still waiting for the blockbuster move he's been working on for three years.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

is shumpert at that BBQ? he was looking for a cookout...

LOL, i just realized something...according to his last tweet, Shump was mad that he didn't get invited to a BBQ cookout
so that along with Nash hanging out w/ Dolan...

put the pieces together....
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

my dad just turned to the dark side. Can't even look at him the same way anymore

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by MrONegative

also, I heard LeBron is at Allan Houston's house.

Word...ppl reading too much into these things. Calm the %@%! down damn.

roll.gif
 funny since the other day you were like "knicks neeed to dooo somethinggg!!!!"

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

I'm waiting to see how all of the geniuses will belittle Shump to make it seem like he's not that important
eyes.gif
.   Without an elite perimeter defender, you don't win in the NBA...period.  
Not when D-Wade and Lebron are in your conference and are defending champs.  Nash and some other SG as the starting backcourt=swiss cheese.  Tyson already has to make up for Amare on D...he can't do that and make up for the guards too.  

Nash AND Shump together...that's what the Knicks need.

Hopefully they find another team to make this deal happen and keep Shump out of it, because this news is disgusting
Pretty much summed up my thoughts.

1 step forward, 2 steps back.
30t6p3b.gif

Looking like my Patriots of the last few years. A stubborn defensive head coach with one of the best distributors of the ball (Brady/Nash) leading a potentially potent offense and mediocre/below average defense. In both leagues (with the exception of the '09 Saints*), history shows the 'outscore the other team and %%*# everything else' philosophy only gets you so far.
tired.gif

Trading Shump means even MORE of a burden for Chandler, who will have 4 fouls at halftime of every %#$$%!% game. So what happens when your defensive anchor has to sit almost entire quarters because of foul trouble? Yeah you can win a 120-110 shootout vs. the Raptors and Bucks but you're not any closer to knocking a Miami or Chicago off.

*Even then, their ability to get key TO's on D when needed contributed to their SuperBowl run.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's Frank Isola for you. I believed him in 2010 tho 
laugh.gif

Btw, Knicks signed James White just so the Slam-Dunk championship would be back in 2013.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Word...ppl reading too much into these things. Calm the %@%! down damn.

roll.gif
 funny since the other day you were like "knicks neeed to dooo somethinggg!!!!"

laugh.gif
see that's different . Yall misunderstood what I meant by that .I ain't meant it like I felt threatened by the moves the Nets were making or anything . I meant it as in its so damn boring not seeing the Knicks making any moves . Everytime I checked this thread it was the same ol chicken littles "the sky is falling Stat is done trade him " stuff. I meant it in even if we signed James White , some someone trade someone do something to get people to change the tune for once.

^Either way you got what you wanted
laugh.gif
Aint nobody talking about STAT
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom