let this thread die (NYK)

Big gamble by Knicks now with Lin officially becoming the starter by default. But they really have no choice here. Gotta re-sign him and pray/hope he flourishes under Woodson.

At this point, Felton is the best available back-up and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Ray is familiar with the NY atmosphere (which I always say is a huge factor when bringing players here). He is still young and agile enough to contribute on both ends of the floor. And most importantly, he has had previous success w/Amar'e.

A lot of this season will hinge on how well Amar'e bounces back. (Lin being the other main factor). If Lin (or even Felton) can get STAT comfortable with Melo, then this team can obviously make some noise. But they are definitely still missing a piece to put them over the hump.

Edit:I like Kidd better than Felton simply because he can tutor Lin. This is what I predicted/called for from the start of FA signings. Great move for the Knicks.

Yes!!
pimp.gif

My favorite player of all time on my favorite squad, pretty cool. I despise Addidas but a Kidd authentic will be copped

This move wont show its impact until 4th quarters of games... Having one of the best decision makers ever wouldnt hurt this team

Via ESPN, by Marc Stein: 
In an unforeseen reversal, Jason Kidd has decided to leave the Dallas Mavericks to join the New York Knicks, according to sources familiar with the decision.

With the Mavericks confident that they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't actually be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd could ultimately move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd was ultimately swayed to take the Knicks' offer to come to New York and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference and also mentor fans darling' Jeremy Lin.

Dear God let it be a sign and trade getting rid of TD. We'll still have the MLE to use on Camby. Get Shawne Williams or Rashard Lewis for the vet minimun. And maybe somehow snag Randy Foye. 

Good signing by the knicks.. Like having another coach on the floor as well .. Im not even a NY fan but i'll buy a Kidd jersey

I still hate Jason Kidd for knocking down then standing over Frank Williams in that playoff series (was it Frank Williams?) but I'm cool with this. Great mentor for Lin if we match, which I expect.

Eh, can't complain. Kidd might not be the same but he's still good passer, and he can hit the 3 at a decent rate.

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

Via ESPN, by Marc Stein: 
In an unforeseen reversal, Jason Kidd has decided to leave the Dallas Mavericks to join the New York Knicks, according to sources familiar with the decision.

With the Mavericks confident that they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't actually be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd could ultimately move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd was ultimately swayed to take the Knicks' offer to come to New York and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference and also mentor fans darling' Jeremy Lin.

Dear God let it be a sign and trade getting rid of TD. We'll still have the MLE to use on Camby. Get Shawne Williams or Rashard Lewis for the vet minimun. And maybe somehow snag Randy Foye. 

btw, i did get your pm...i didnt forget

btw, the knicks continue the trend of getting great players past their prime 
laugh.gif
 I laugh every time i think about it

Back
Top Bottom