Let Us Talk About The BEST Hip Hop Albums (Vol. Solo Debuts)

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

big-puinisher-capital-punishment.jpg
I haven't read the whole thread yet but please don't tell me this is the first time this has been mentioned.

No One Can Do It Better, Food & Liquor, Illegal Business?, and a few others also deserve honorable mentions at least.
I wasn't surprised when i didn't see it

Nay said pun was wack
grin.gif

LIES...

I said Pun's 2nd album... Yeeaahh Baby was WACK...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

big-puinisher-capital-punishment.jpg
I haven't read the whole thread yet but please don't tell me this is the first time this has been mentioned.

No One Can Do It Better, Food & Liquor, Illegal Business?, and a few others also deserve honorable mentions at least.
I wasn't surprised when i didn't see it

Nay said pun was wack
grin.gif

LIES...

I said Pun's 2nd album... Yeeaahh Baby was WACK...

Could've sworn you said he was wack

my apologies
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nay, just wondering you heard Sha Stimuli's debut album yet? (Not saying it belongs on the list).

Well I did GO IN on him for making a WACK album and dying...

But I *** with Capital Punishment HARDBODY... The FIRST Terror Squad joint...

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

Just missed...

Big Pun - Capital Punishment
50 Cent - GRODT
The Game - Documentary (atleast I thought so)
Slick Rick - Great Adventures Of..
Lauryn Hill - Miseducation (NOT 100% hip hop, so I couldn't include it)
D.O.C. - No One Does It Better
Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 101
Master Zik wrote:

Nay, just wondering you heard Sha Stimuli's debut album yet?
Not yet... I'm goin blow me a dub & listen it & Skyzoo %%**...

I've seen BOTH you and Haze say good things about both albums... Yall are 2 of the people on here who's word I can trust when it comes to what'squality music...

Original list is cool but I would bump Reasonable Doubt to the 5 spot on da strength that it wont sound dated if played today and got more of a universal soundnot straight up east coast

I wud also put X at the 6 Ye at the 7....not tryin to issh on the Chef....but that album doesnt travel that well if u know what I mean...he can have the 8 spottho...Kane n Mos 9 n 10 is cool..not really my style but I can dig it

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Is Reflection Eternal a solo? Other than that respectable list.

If you're talking about the Train of Thought album, no, RE is a duo.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Is Reflection Eternal a solo? Other than that respectable list.

If you're talking about the Train of Thought album, no, RE is a duo.
What makes Reflection Eternal different than Doggystyle?

reflectioneternal.jpg

RE:Flection Eternal...= 2 people (simular to Gang Starr)
snoopdogg500.jpg

Snoop Dogg...= 1 VERY skinny man...

Talib_Kweli_Quality.jpg

Quality is rapper Talib Kweli's first solo album. It was released on November 19, 2002 under Rawkus Records. It received wide critical acclaim and had some commercial appeal from the song "Get By" produced by Kanye West. The album is certified gold by the RIAA. It is also hailed as a hip-hop classic by many fans.
Wiki

Wikipedia dont know hip hop
laugh.gif
jk but I get what you're saying. But blah aint like Hi-Tek was spitting on every song. And Dre produced all of Doggystylewas my analogy. But whatever good list

Good list.

But like others have said, for certain albums, those artists were already established. I'd replace Cube, Rae and Dre with Pun, LL and Redman. Andthat's not taking away from those first three, all amazing albums, but I don't consider them debuts, eventhough technically they are.

I don't see how anybody's arguing X on that list.
smh.gif

Nay I know it's been posted on here but haven't seen you speak on it yet but...what do you of Whut? Thee Album?

Wu-Tang?
Gang Starr?

Are you guys reading the title?

I like the list, I want to take out College Dropout, but I don't know what to replace it with. bleh.

I think this album should get a spot on that list

51Z5H2RYA6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

And The Great Adventures of Slick mos def should have be on that list, its better than every album on there including illmatic

Wow, who is the pretentious +%*$@!@ OP? Why do you think people care that much about your opinion or some "talk" you had with your dudes whilstburning brick weed? You're hating on the Elzhi record, yet you've never heard it. You say you have the Skyzoo album, but have yet to "spin"it (AKA you downloaded it for free but haven't listened to it yet). Drop the elitist attitude, the "I know what should and shouldn't beconsidered" for this topic, open your mind to some rap beyond your comfort zone, and come back in a few years. Seriously, who starts a topic asking foropinions on a discussion and then (terribly) tries to down other's choices. Stick to listening to DMX with your boys and keep your meaningless lists andcondescending attitude the *%$+ out. I'll be banging Elzhi.

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Wow, who is the pretentious +%*$@!@ OP? Why do you think people care that much about your opinion or some "talk" you had with your dudes whilst burning brick weed? You're hating on the Elzhi record, yet you've never heard it. You say you have the Skyzoo album, but have yet to "spin" it (AKA you downloaded it for free but haven't listened to it yet). Drop the elitist attitude, the "I know what should and shouldn't be considered" for this topic, open your mind to some rap beyond your comfort zone, and come back in a few years. Seriously, who starts a topic asking for opinions on a discussion and then (terribly) tries to down other's choices. Stick to listening to DMX with your boys and keep your meaningless lists and condescending attitude the *%$+ out. I'll be banging Elzhi.
This.

And I don't know how you can come off hating on Elzhi, dude's close to revolutionary with his lyricism. Wordplay, punchline, metaphors and flow isclose to bar none on the current scene.

"Nonbelievers, I line 'em up like a caesar, swing the cleaver, draw heat and give 'em the fever"
Nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom