Let Us Talk About The BEST Hip Hop Albums (Vol. Solo Debuts)

This thread is proof that people don't read thread titles in it's entirety before entering in........."Where's Mobb Deep at","Wu-Tang should have made the list", SMH. Upon first sight, I probably would want to take The Chronic off the list and put The Great Adventures ofSlick Rick somewhere on the list, maybe not at #2 but since The Chronic had such a HUGE impact and changed the scope of production for hip hop albums I wouldjust leave it on.
GRODT was his official debut though.

Impact of that joint was as big or bigger than every album on that list.

But not musically better than any one of them.

100% Truth.

Originally Posted by tunafied

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Wow, who is the pretentious +%*$@!@ OP? Why do you think people care that much about your opinion or some "talk" you had with your dudes whilst burning brick weed? You're hating on the Elzhi record, yet you've never heard it. You say you have the Skyzoo album, but have yet to "spin" it (AKA you downloaded it for free but haven't listened to it yet). Drop the elitist attitude, the "I know what should and shouldn't be considered" for this topic, open your mind to some rap beyond your comfort zone, and come back in a few years. Seriously, who starts a topic asking for opinions on a discussion and then (terribly) tries to down other's choices. Stick to listening to DMX with your boys and keep your meaningless lists and condescending attitude the *%$+ out. I'll be banging Elzhi.
This.

And I don't know how you can come off hating on Elzhi, dude's close to revolutionary with his lyricism. Wordplay, punchline, metaphors and flow is close to bar none on the current scene.

"Nonbelievers, I line 'em up like a caesar, swing the cleaver, draw heat and give 'em the fever"
Nuff said.

Not bad... will check dude out on the strenght of that little something something right there.

Hope it doesn't dissapoint!

The_salvation_%28official_album_cover%29.jpg

Yes. It's THAT good.

I'm very upset about that Great Adventures being left off... Especially since you did the honorable thing and put Kane's effort up (I might be able toaccept the fact that he father 2 of the greatest to do it though as a reason)... But Still C'mon Maaaaaaaayne.
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Stedman

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Wow, who is the pretentious +%*$@!@ OP? Why do you think people care that much about your opinion or some "talk" you had with your dudes whilst burning brick weed? You're hating on the Elzhi record, yet you've never heard it. You say you have the Skyzoo album, but have yet to "spin" it (AKA you downloaded it for free but haven't listened to it yet). Drop the elitist attitude, the "I know what should and shouldn't be considered" for this topic, open your mind to some rap beyond your comfort zone, and come back in a few years. Seriously, who starts a topic asking for opinions on a discussion and then (terribly) tries to down other's choices. Stick to listening to DMX with your boys and keep your meaningless lists and condescending attitude the *%$+ out. I'll be banging Elzhi.
This.

And I don't know how you can come off hating on Elzhi, dude's close to revolutionary with his lyricism. Wordplay, punchline, metaphors and flow is close to bar none on the current scene.

"Nonbelievers, I line 'em up like a caesar, swing the cleaver, draw heat and give 'em the fever"
Nuff said.

Not bad... will check dude out on the strenght of that little something something right there.

Hope it doesn't dissapoint!
That's what's up
pimp.gif

Shut up... I was listening to SV before YOU (or half these Ns in here) knew who they were... BEFORE Elzhi was even a thought...

But you hatin on DMX?? You're a @!+++$%@$... X was in Unsigned Hype before you were listening to hip hop, I'd bet X's debut was written before youwere allowed to listen to music with cursing in it...

Even tho I haven't cared to listen to it, I'm sure someone like Smoothe The Hustler's debut is better than Elzhi's, but I'm sure allYOU so called hip hop heads prolly missed that joint... Or maybe he's too street ala DMX, to where you have topigeonhole his fans as being in some sort of comfort zone that only allowd them to listen to street driven hip hop... I'm almost 20 years DEEP in this GTFOHWTBS...

Nay I know it's been posted on here but haven't seen you speak on it yet but...what do you of Whut? Thee Album?
I should've had that in my Honorable Mentions... VERY dope album...

Zik... I'm bout to listen to that Stimuli & Skyzoo joint when I get to the office... They BETTER be dope, causeyall have built high expectations for them joints

I would really like an explaination as to why Great Adventures didn't crack the top 10... Not saying the albums you placed there aren't deserving inthere own right, i just need to see/try to understand the logic bro.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I would really like an explaination as to why Great Adventures didn't crack the top 10... Not saying the albums you placed there aren't deserving in there own right, i just need to see/try to understand the logic bro.
When it came down to it, No One Does It Better, Radio, Long Live The Kane & Great Adventures were all pretty much equal, I just personallyfeel Kane's joint was sonically better than the other 3 based on his lyricism and his overall flow... Where as Rakim changed the modern day rhymescheme/structure, I feel like Kane to an extent did that same thing for flow... Its the catalyst for later albums like a Ready To Die or a Reasonable Doubt, Ifeel like Kane fathered that flow...

While its debatable which of the 2 (Great Adventures & Long Live The Kane) is an overall BETTER product, all thingsin consideration, I'd have to give the edge to Kane, cause from top to bottom, he's an all around BETTER MC,and he displayed as much on his debut... But its almost a toss up...

But production wise
Great Adventures > Long Live Kane

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Shut up... I was listening to SV before YOU (or half these Ns in here) knew who they were... BEFORE Elzhi was even a thought...

X was in Unsigned Hype before you were listening to hip hop, I'd bet X's debut was written before you were allowed to listen to music with cursing in it...

I'm almost 20 years DEEP in this GTFOHWTBS...
indifferent.gif

Dude, just because you're 55 and been around when they still pushed a-traks out of trunks, doesn't mean we don't know what we're talking about.You look ******ed rushing people with that "I WAS ON TO *!#* BEFORE YOU EVEN WAS BORN!"- mentality. It's not a good look.

X was in Unsigned Hype before you were listening to hip hop, I'd bet X's debut was written before you were allowed to listen to music with cursing in it...

indifferent.gif

Dude, just because you're 55 and been around when they still pushed a-traks out of trunks, doesn't mean we don't know what we're talking about. You look ******ed rushing people with that "I WAS ON TO *!#* BEFORE YOU EVEN WAS BORN!"- mentality. It's not a good look.

QFT these guys with a supreme #*%!@** attitude need to check themselves.

indifferent.gif

Dude, just because you're 55 and been around when they still pushed a-traks out of trunks, doesn't mean we don't know what we're talking about. You look ******ed rushing people with that "I WAS ON TO *!#* BEFORE YOU EVEN WAS BORN!"- mentality. It's not a good look.

I guess you missed this line...

for this topic, open your mind to some rap beyond your comfort zone, and come back in a few years.

That's NOT a "elitist"-like statement is it??
eyes.gif
... He clearly did what you are accusing me of...

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, cause judging by some of the responses, reading is not a TOP priority for SOMENTers... (YOU being ONE of them)

Now I'm "downing other people's choices??"
grin.gif
... All Isaid was for one to write off these 10 albums, in favor of The Preface isn't intelligent, fair, or acquired... I'm sure you missed where ICLEARY stated the criteria the list was built around (an NTer NOT reading
smh.gif
...What else is new)... Not even talking aboutthe quality of music, all 10 of these albums are revered in the music world & critically acclaimed, you can google The Preface & ANYof those 10 albums, and on the ENTIRE World Wide Web you won't find it in the SAME sentence as ANY ofthe aforementioned albums... Wonder why
eyes.gif

Dude, just because you're 55
laugh.gif
... Now I'm OLD for knowing whatI'm talking about...

Gotta love hip hop fans... Now if you could actually read you'd know I'm nowhere near being OLD (why would I clown Stedman about beingOLD, If wasn't almost 20 years his jr??...)

#%$% hip hop, just learn how to read... It'll be MORE beneficial in the long run...

The floor is open for any of the teenage hip hop wiz kids you bless NT, with their own TOP (SOLO) debuts...

Zik... I'm bout to listen to that Stimuli & Skyzoo joint when I get to the office... They BETTER be dope, cause yall have built high expectations for them joints
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Ight man let me know then. Post in the two respective album threads if you can. I don't think you can walk away from either album not thinkingthey're near classics

I also think Below the Heavens deserves an honorable mention, that %%!@ came out of no where.

Skyzoo had an album out before Salvation didn't he? Cloud 9 or 9th Cloud or something like that.

NasIllmatic.jpg

NaS - Illmatic (1994)

Ready_To_Die.jpg

Notorious BIG - Ready To Die (1994)

Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg

Dr Dre - The Chronic (1992)

SnoopDoggyDoggDoggystyle.jpg

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle (1993)

SlickRickTheGreatAdventuresofSlickRick.jpg

Slick Rick-The Great Adventures of Slick Rick (1988)
Reasonable_Doubt_New.jpg

Jay-Z-Reasonable Doubt (1996)

AmeriKKKa.jpg

Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted (1990)

ItsdarkDMX.jpg

DMX - Its Dark & Hell Is Hot (1998)

Kanyewest_collegedropout.jpg

Kanye West - The College Dropout (2004)

2pacalypse_now.schmiddy.jpg

2Pac- 2pacalypse Now

My List...

1)Nas-Illmatic
2)Ice Cube-Amerikkka's Most Wanted
3)Notorious Big-Ready To Die
4) Snoop Dogg-DoggyStyle
5) Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
6) Dr. Dre-The chronic
7)Slick Rick-The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
8)Jay-Z-Reasonable Doubt
9)Big Daddy Kane-Long Live the Kane
10) 50 Cent-Get Ruch or Die Trying

some of y'all dudes delusional.
laugh.gif

complainin bout how elzhi ain't on the list. that gotta be one of my personal favorite albums,
and folks here know i've been rootin for elzhi for a minute, but no way it's top 10 debuts all-time.

but i guess with every top anything list thread, personal bias comes in, and people refuse to see
how it compares as an overall product and its impact with the rest of whatever's on the list...

and nay, you need a blog or somethin fam. i don't always agree with your lists or posts, but them *$!** are still solid along with the justification behindem.

good ++%@.

ps. D.O.C.'s debut is No One Can Do It Better. just had to say that cuz i loved that joint too lol.

Back
Top Bottom