Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Ill post my new setup as soon as my good computer gets internet connection again

Did some rearranging and now I'm loving the new setup and I'm falling in love with the asr, but hate the sequencer on that thing

For all the DJs, did you guys teach yourself or take some dj class or what? And how do you get a dj job? Do you just call up a club and tell em you wanna dj there?

^ this isnt a dj post dude. but your best bet for getting a dj gig is to ask a friend if you can open for them, if people are feeling your set you will get more work, period. most clubs you'll just have to leave them a demo cd with the manager and they will give you a shot based on that.

dude asking about ableton live... download the demo off of the ableton website. the demo should give you a really good feel for the program, it's very practical in that it automatically timestretches your audio so that it's in time with your songs tempo. there are basically two main modes of sequencing... one is a traditional step sequencer that is akin to cubase, reason, logic etc. the other has a bunch of cells that you load mini sequences, loops, drum fills, chords etc into. and you basically have your track running and you can build up your tunes by triggering the sounds in the different cells you have established. great for live gigs, both performance and dj based (hence the name 'live').

to dude asking about loading his nn-19 drumkit into the redrum in reason. load up a redrum. in the individual sample channels click on the little folder icon.... use the browser to find the folder that contains your drum refill. load your individual drum sample. repeat this process in a different channel for each sample in the kit (snare, kick, hats, percussion etc.)

to dude asking about getting that fat bassline... you may already know this... but with basslines you have to remember that they are as much, if not more about the PHYSICAL reverbrations that you feel from them, rather than AUDIO that you hear. You really, really need to resist the urge to turn up the bass in your mix if you feel that it doesnt knock. if you have a decent subwofer, turn up your track and see if you can 'feel' the bass. if not, layer your bass track with a raw sine wave (just copy and paste the actual notes of your bassline into a new track that is assigned to your sine synth). presto, you have just create sub bass. make sure that it isnt turned up to loud in your mix. if it's loud enough to hear, it's too loud. you should only be able to 'feel' it when you turn up your speakers. another thing... make your kick drums and bass notes hit at the same time. sorry if this stuff is hard to understand i'm not that great at describing things

forget all of this nonsense technology. use the money to get degree in music...bachelors, masters, phd, whatever from a serious university. get some serious musical education, learn not only how to play the piano but study different chords, progressions, rhythms, instrumentations, etc. from all different genres from all different time periods. rap music needs respectable producers. when the so-called professionals are getting it all wrong, u know the amateurs cant just follow in their paths. all u hear is loud drums, loud bass, samples, cliche strings and minor piano chords/melodies. u know were living in an age of artistic and itellectual decay when dr. dre and nas are considered "geniouses." have the respect to learn the craft and maybe the rest of the world will someday consider rap a form of "music"

Quote:
u know were living in an age of artistic and itellectual decay when dr. dre and nas are considered "geniouses." have the respect to learn the craft and maybe the rest of the world will someday consider rap a form of "music"
:smh:
smh.gif
"Dilla was and will always be my hero."

Quote:
forget all of this nonsense technology. use the money to get degree in music...bachelors, masters, phd, whatever from a serious university. get some serious musical education, learn not only how to play the piano but study different chords, progressions, rhythms, instrumentations, etc. from all different genres from all different time periods. rap music needs respectable producers. when the so-called professionals are getting it all wrong, u know the amateurs cant just follow in their paths. all u hear is loud drums, loud bass, samples, cliche strings and minor piano chords/melodies. u know were living in an age of artistic and itellectual decay when dr. dre and nas are considered "geniouses." have the respect to learn the craft and maybe the rest of the world will someday consider rap a form of "music"

Lol , yea you could go to school and learn engineering...but all that other stuff you talking isn't really necessary...I mean , the thing about hiphop producers and creators is we know what hiphop is about and where it started, we don't care if the other genres don't consider it real music, especially when the culture started to express us and not the other genres

I'm gonna keep making what sounds good to me, forget the other talk ...I love music and if you think you can out produce or out rap a dre or nas...more power to you, just remember youe more than likely influenced by them, then vice versa

hey guys i need help. I just installed reason 3 on a diff computer. I have a setup soley for beats now. but my reason is not allowing me to record in the sequencer like its suppose 2. i have everything hooked up right. the midis in and outs are fine and got the green check on them. The MIDI keyboard is an oxygen 8. its produces sounds when i use any of the synths samplers etc... but when i hit the record and then play button i am unable to record the sound i want. i can record sound in edit mode or arrangement mode. i am gettin fustrated at this. it only allows me to draw notes with the pencil feature when i am in edit mode, and i am not down with that. rewire is seeming like an option at the moment but i am refraining from it as i really not feeling rewiring at the moment. any info on this problem would be grateful. please help a dude out. much thanks
Add Me
& Get Bizzie With Me NOW!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/djbizzieb

Alc switched from the ASR 10 to MPC not too long ago.
<--- "Damn he's doing cameo's in videos now."​

I am gonna cop an MPC 1000 really soon. I've been playing around with it at Guitar Center for a while, and I love it. I want to learn more. For melodies, I need a keyboard right? So wait, this might sound stupid but, do I actually CONNECT the keyboard to the MPC? Does it work like that? Sorry, still learning. thanks guys. keep this helpful post alive.
Need your Retro IV's (CG or Military), sz 11.5 inbox me!

WOW, beats05, where did that rant come from? I usually agree with what you have to say, but I'd have to respectfully disagree with you. You actually think producers like Dre are killing music? Sure his stuff tends to lack variation, but he is defiinitely one of the most musical producers in the game. He is one of the few true producers in hip hop. His use of instruments and his engineering of sound is unmatched, imo.

And kids, if you ask me, you don't need a degree in music or anything in the arts. You either have talent or you don't. BUT, I do think that everyone should have some training in music and a basic understanding of theory. Piano lessons are highly recommended.

I think one of the keys to being a great producer is to have a great ear, to be able to listen to a song and dissect it. You should be able to know how a song was put together, maybe even recreate it. I can't tell you how much I've learned just by listening to Dre's beats. His stuff is "simple" and so it's easy for me to hear the drums, the piano, the strings and see how he structures everything.

Back
Top Bottom