Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

I think quite the opposite about doing hip hop from what ClassicBdub said, I mean there are a lot of folks out here trying to do the hip hop thing because home studios are such an easy thing to set up now..you don't need that $500,000 mixing board to get a good sound...you can have like a $10,000 set up at your house and have a great studio just at your house...but its true there's no real engineer needed because all you need is one producer, and MAYBE one engineer to help out..but its all really simple when you compare it to recording a rock group where you have set up atleast 4 mics just on the drum kit...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

i guess if your making young joc nitti beats you dont really need an engineer but if your making quality music, no matter the genre, youll need an engineer

My dudes with an mpc, which version of the JJ do you have and do you just drag and drop it on your drive from the usb cable?

how do i get my drums not to sound like robots with the timing?

also, im sure a lot of dudes run into this problem

i have a sample and i dont know what the bpm is, ok whatever, but i dont know how to use the tap to tempo bpm i ended up with 300 when i did it which was crazy

how to get the sample to roll with the bpm?

Does anyone know where I can take a practice Logic Pro certification test?
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

Glad that worked a lil bit rhyme sik

As far as bpm - the tap tempo is a realtime tool, meaning you have to hit play and hear the sample, next you have to use either a 4/4 or 3/4 or whateva type of measure you will be using to find the current tempo of the sample

Since most music is written in 4/4 or should I say hiphop is written in that measure then use that

So that means use tap tempo as 1 tap 2 tap 3 tap 4 tap....and that will get you the tempo for the sample...or to make it easy use recycle or cool edit and let it find out for you

Once again on the drums issue...if you use quantize on everything then it will come out robotic...you really have to try different measure counts and swing techniques to get a good groove...remember too much quantizing is bad...I'd say quantize snares or claps...and do kicks and hi hats manual and give it that loose feel...so its sloppy and gets that human feel

Also use step grid to move and shift kicks slightly so it sounds the same, but in all it isn't on the same timing

anyone reccomend a nice turntable for basically playing records under 200?

anybody using a triton, fantom, or motif or other keyboard workstation?

Quote:
anybody using a triton, fantom, or motif or other keyboard workstation?
TritonFantomMotif- Great warm natural instruments - think Devin the dude/Runners/cool & dre/ Neo Da Matrix

Of Course All these big tyme producers have all kinds of synths and more than enough equipment, so i was just trying to give you the closest musicians that come from that keyboard

yo floss...i remember you saying that you have an asr x. how do you like it? some kid i know is selling his and i'm really thinking about buying it. i'm not gonna use it as my main sequencer though cuz i already have a 2000xl
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC
buying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

Quote:
yo floss...i remember you saying that you have an asr x. how do you like it? some kid i know is selling his and i'm really thinking about buying it. i'm not gonna use it as my main sequencer though cuz i already have a 2000xl

I had the ASR - 10 keyboard and sold it, It just wasnt cutting it anymore - load times, floppy and discs were failing and not reading the machine - it got to the point where it wasnt worth using it anymore

the ASR - X is nice but honestly unless your rich its a waste of equipment at this stage in your career -

1) Takes forever to load and do what you'll need

2) Doesnt come with sounds (you dont need another sequencer when you have a BEAST IMO 2xl)

3) It will take away from your work flow when you have to re-learn a whole new machine that you currently arent familiar with

If its 100-175 , sure get it, but other than that save up for a rack or keyboard and get sounds - you can never have enough sound banks to choose from.

^^^ Thanks for that help, im think im just going to cop a midi controller and find an old sound module to start off with, a roland or something i guess

Quote:
Direct or Belt Drive????

honestly i dont know the difference, i just want to be able to play records and sample into my mpc

on the mpc, how do you get your hi hats or claps to roll?

thanks for the input floss. i was considering it because this producer i know has one and his drums come out crazy. i asked him how he got them like that and he said it was the asr x
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC
buying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

damn i saw that the whole time, thought it had something to do with tap tempo (shake head at me)

yeah i think im going with that second joint you posted, thanks for the advice

Heres the 5th dynamic producer challenge, i wonder how much this costs, i was about to go to sleep but after seeing this ill be up until daylight, second to last beat is
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom