Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Selling an MPC 1000 with heaphones for $550, pm me

man.. im forced to use reason 3 everyday but man i can't stand it, sounds too fake to me. I dont see how you cats do it. I guess im just too used tosamples

indifferent.gif
...like u cant sample in reason...and not many people use the stock sounds...

Actually Reason 3 or 4 is more sample flexible and you can manipulate it many different ways - with nn-xt or recycle/ dr. rex combo

Man what's good with sound cards? I need to upgrade. I'm lookin at Creative Lab's studio quality one,are there any better options? NVM I'm lookin at Firewire mixers and interfaces. Who's got the hook up?

^done

Who all is recording with instruments and mics? What are you using to convert or connect to your comp?

Good virtual pianos? I don't have the dough to drop on a good keyboard with pianos right now..

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to properly unzip/mount/burn/etc these .iso files...?

I've always just steered clear of VST downloads that involve this process, but I figured I might as well learn.

Quick step-by-step, anyone...?

an iso is an image... just burn it to a disk and stick the disc back in... there's ways around that too but ill keep it simple for u as the word MOUNTmight @+#% ya whole day up...

and not many people use the stock sounds..
Whats wrong with Reasons Stock sounds what other sounds is there?

And Pusha get Alcohol 120% and Mount the image to a drive and open the folder up... from there u basically should know what your doing.

Anybody use any Spectrasonics products here? Their sound quality is amazing...

Anyone know how to use Reason as an external sound module to hook up with an MPC? I had an idea, but it didn't work...I basically got my MIDI controllerhooked up USB, and a MIDI cable coming out of the controller and into the MIDI In of the MPC...I set up the MPC channel to MIDI..to 3A, and hooked up theReason instrument to 3...and I got nothin from there...

any help would be appreciated
ohwell.gif
If you guys want pics, I'll take pics...

Its actually 100% possible. One of the most powerful combos you can throw together.

This dude goes through the whole thing pretty clearly. Hit me up via pm if you cant figure it out dude.

wow...thats dope...didnt know that...

still seems pointless to me but what do i know...

Don't know if this was posted but something i found interesting they call it the photoshop for music.

Link to article
Miraculous Direct Note Access can completely change music
melodyne_x220.jpg

Music recording software just took another giant leap, now able to do what was thought to be impossible. Direct Note Access individually manipulates groups of musical notes (chords), giving recording engineers the ability to completely and undetectably create pitch-perfect performances, even from groups of tone-deaf musicians playing together. Created by German programmer and erstwhile guitar maker Peter Neubäcker, his company, Celemony, will offer the software as a plug-in for its Melodyne voice and instrument tuning software.

Until now, this trick was only possible with single notes - an exaggerated example can be heard in Cher's 1998 hit, "Believe," which used the competing Auto-Tune system. For more than a decade, that software has been the recording industry's dirty little secret, fixing any out-of-tune notes crooned by an individual singer or played on any single-note instrument. But this breakthrough takes that magic manipulation many steps further, allowing engineers to create entirely new music from existing recordings.

With this astonishing software, engineers can dig deep into a mix. For example, they could change each individual note of a guitar chord, or fix one wrong note played by a musician in a symphony orchestra. It's like Photoshop for music. Available this fall, let's hope Direct Note Access is ready in time to fix up next season's American Idol performances, especially the auditions. Randy Jackson might like the resulting absence of "pitchiness," but then maybe some humanity of performance will be lost, too.

What are you guys using to hook up midi to your computers?

edit: Man trying to build a project studio is giving me a headache.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TW3EK

wow...thats dope...didnt know that...

still seems pointless to me but what do i know...
I suppose you could see it as bit of overkill, but it allows you to use the strongest parts of both production tools... thefeel/timing/workflow/sampler of the mpc, and the nearly limitless synthesis possibilities of reason. Its pretty much the same as using the mpc with a keyboard(triton, motif, microkorg etc.) but with different and perhaps broader options.

Back
Top Bottom