Let's make everything about RACE (Unapologetically Black Thread)

Everyone can't be an activist, plus him being the 1st and it being a different time then.
Honestly, if he wanted to be an activist, I think he’d be a bad one. Now Michelle? Yeah. She is already one on the low. Barack could never slice Trump up as she did.

Barack is a moderate, definitely not an activist. However, Michelle has always been the true power behind him, giving him instant cred due to her authenticity. If left up to his own devices, I am certain that Barack would not come off as cool as he does. I still admire his prose, albeit vanilla in many spots.

I don’t think we, including myself, were looking at him to be an activist.

As M Mark Antony stated - different time. The objective and motive in an overall scheme of things - was to show the world that America somewhat changed by becoming the first.

But to basically minimized his relationship with Rev. Wright publicly and even in his book, somewhat revealed two things for me: his selfishness and loyalty.

Speaking of activist, in our lifetime, who can we say have been the biggest activist for Black People? BLM movement is not an option.

Last edited:
I’m currently reading A Promised Land by Barack Obama. I’ve lost a lot respect for him because of the way he handled the Rev. Jeremiah Wright fiasco. Allowing his own ambition to isolate a man that was vocally expressing the truth and frustrations of race from an African American view. The same views that supposedly “spark” Obama’s

Obama should have followed the political decision of Rev. Ralph Warnock when the GOP tried to sound bite his black theology views regarding America stance towards Blacks and foreign countries; ignore it. Warnock didn’t denounce it or turn his back on his own core belief.

In his book he used the word ‘Black Radicalism’ - as if Rev. Wright views were radical. :smh:

I have a feeling after reading this book, I’ll have the same views about Michelle Obama.
Agreed 100%. Hell, much of what Wright discussed has played out in the recent Georgia Senate race. You can make the argument that it was a different time, but he could have gone back and amended it.. The the book has just been released in 2020. They had 3 years to edit the book. He Distanced himself then and he did it now. That shows you something.

Honestly, if he wanted to be an activist, I think he’d be a bad one. Now Michelle? Yeah. She is already one on the low. Barack could never slice Trump up as she did.

When Michelle Obama said "When they go low, we go high" it really pissed me off.

"Going high" isnt what our ancestors did to put you where you are Mrs. Former First Lady.

Sounds like the same old "turn the other cheek" BS intended to keep us down.

Even Jesus himself had to kick some *** once.

When Michelle Obama said "When they go low, we go high" it really pissed me off.

"Going high" isnt what our ancestors did to put you where you are Mrs. Former First Lady.

Sounds like the same old "turn the other cheek" BS intended to keep us down.

Even Jesus himself had to kick some *** once.
Yeah, she was off with that one, tactical error against a bottom feeder like Trump, of who everyone underestimated.

As M Mark Antony stated - different time. The objective and motive in an overall scheme of things - was to show the world that America somewhat changed by becoming the first.

But to basically minimized his relationship with Rev. Wright publicly and even in his book, somewhat revealed two things for me: his selfishness and loyalty.

Speaking of activist, in our lifetime, who can we say have been the biggest activist for Black People? BLM movement is not an option.
I agree that his position on Wright should have been different, as he had the issue that Jackie Robinson faced. Couldn’t be too Black, could not show the face of anger. He was forced to make white america comfortable. That was a shame.

Yeah, she was off with that one, tactical error against a bottom feeder like Trump, of who everyone underestimated.

Exactly.

Underestimation isn't a luxury we can afford.

It spits in the face of history.

Yet we continue to this day to give the benefit of the doubt to a group of people who've only ever doubted our benefits.

Last edited:

In my lifetime, the biggest public voice for Black people was Farrakhan.

Exactly.

Underestimation isn't a luxury we can afford.

It spits in the face of history.

Yet we continue to this day to give the benefit of the doubt to a group of people who've only ever doubted the benefits.
It’s very christian, that mindset. For that reason alone, I find the actions of those in that belief, to be misguided. It is a toxic way to try and attain freedom.

Haven't read it yet, but what is he actually saying about Rev Wright?

It’s very christian, that mindset. For that reason alone, I find the actions of those in that belief, to be misguided. It is a toxic way to try and attain freedom.

Toxic Positivity!

05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Haven't read it yet, but what is he actually saying about Rev Wright?

The context that I took is that he was ashamed of Rev. Wright and continued to undermine his feelings even after introducing him first to his campaign. He explained that he asked him to open the gathering with a prayer, when an article surfaced about his sermons days before the event, he asked him to do a private prayer instead.

He acknowledged that he heard the let down and hurt when asking Wright to not do the public prayer in the phone conversation . He continues on how he had to denounce Wright’s teaching a year after that prayer incident. Calling it Black Radicalism.

Which lead him to separate himself publicity - once again called Wright explaining his denouncement and yet again Wright feelings were hurt. Meanwhile Wright is defending his actions, by stating, did they/you listened to sermon entirely.

Obama felt compelled to make a speech upon this whole media fiasco on race to save his creditability.

Mind you, he states that he wasn’t an active member of the church and he wasn’t there enough to know all Wright were saying. Yet, this man married you and Michelle. Almost, as if you’re still downplaying your association with him after your Presidency.

And from what I know, personally, Wright thought of Barack as a son. So clearly the relationship was deeper than what Barack downplay it to be.

1610733900622.png

Martin Luther King Jr. (born Michael King Jr., January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American Baptist minister and activist who became the most visible spokesperson and leader in the civil rights movement. He is best known for his role in the advancement of civil rights using the tactics of nonviolence and civil disobedience based on his Christian beliefs and inspired by the nonviolent activism of Mahatma Gandhi.
King became a civil rights activist early in his career. He led the 1955 Montgomery bus boycott and helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) in 1957, serving as its first president. With the SCLC, he led an unsuccessful 1962 struggle against segregation in Albany, Georgia, and helped organize the nonviolent 1963 protests in Birmingham, Alabama. He also helped to organize the 1963 March on Washington, where he delivered his famous "I Have a Dream" speech.
On October 14, 1964, King received the Nobel Peace Prize for combating racial inequality through nonviolent resistance. In 1965, he helped to organize the Selma to Montgomery marches, and the following year he and the SCLC took the movement north to Chicago to work on segregated housing. In the final years of his life, he expanded his focus to include opposition towards poverty and the Vietnam War, alienating many of his liberal allies with a 1967 speech titled "Beyond Vietnam".
In 1968, King was planning a national occupation of Washington, D.C., to be called the Poor People's Campaign, when he was assassinated by James Earl Ray on April 4 in Memphis, Tennessee. King's death was followed by riots in many U.S. cities. Ray, who fled the country, was arrested two months later at London Heathrow Airport. Ray was sentenced to 99 years in prison for King's murder, and died in 1998 from hepatitis while serving his sentence.
King was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal. Martin Luther King Jr. Day was established as a holiday in numerous cities and states beginning in 1971, and as a U.S. federal holiday in 1986. Hundreds of streets in the U.S. have been renamed in his honor, and a county in Washington State was also rededicated for him. The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., was dedicated in 2011.
From Atlanta, the eldest son of a Baptist minister, King entered Morehouse College at 15. He graduated with a degree in sociology in 1948, and went on to Boston University earning a doctoral degree in systematic theology. King’s education exposed him to conditions that related Christian theology to the struggles of oppressed peoples. His first ministry was in Montgomery, Alabama. He was president of the Montgomery Improvement Association, which directed the Montgomery bus boycott.
In 1957, King helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in a series of protest campaigns that gained national attention. King's 1963 "I Have a Dream" speech expressed the hopes of the civil rights movement in oratory as moving as any address in American history. His speech, following years of demonstrations, created the political momentum that resulted in the Civil Rights Act of 1964. King was awarded the 1964 Nobel Prize for peace. Throughout 1966 and 1967, King increasingly turned the focus of his civil rights activism throughout the country to economic issues.
This took King to Memphis, Tennessee, to support striking black garbage workers in the spring of 1968. He was assassinated in Memphis on April 4. After his death, Martin Luther King Jr. came to represent black courage and achievement.

Back
Top Bottom