Let's make everything about RACE (Unapologetically Black Thread)

1622139428909.png

Yeah, unity.

That *** said they were treated like big momma. This is ridiculous. All their kids think slaves were treated with respect and dignity. We're a generation away from the white community saying slavery wasn't wrong at all.

Reactions: wr
Was stranded on the middle of the highway in San Tan valley AZ for 4 hours. Spare had a flat and waited for roadside assistance. It’s super red out there and desert ASF. Black dude pulls up next to me round 3hr mark and asks if everything is cool. I’m like yeah it’s all good. He then says “I noticed you 10 min ago and had to check because it can get tricky out here with our kind” I send my thx and validate exactly what he’s stating. I’m not black btw. I’m Tongan south Pacific Islander and I love how blk folks take care of there own

So the Derrick Jaxn thread got locked too? And where is Khufu?

I actually read a book he recommended called Wise Blood.

Why are they enforcing a no hoodies rule in an athletic team, much less one that sells hoodies?

Same reason the NBA dress code/Iverson rule. came about. NBA coaches used to have to wear suits on the sideline. NFL coaches gotta wear khakis.

Stephen A complained when the NBA hoodie warmups were introduced. Like football and basketball players haven't always sat on the sideline like this

download.jpg

28bc4ed3b557f93649c1c80a1466ccf5.jpg

I want to see this but I also don't. So far the trailer looks good and it has the potential to be a very powerful movie.

I want to see this but I also don't. So far the trailer looks good and it has the potential to be a very powerful movie.

I wonder if they'll cover Emmett Till's father who was executed 10 years prior under similar circumstances...

Louis Till was an American soldier. He was the father of Emmett Till, whose murder in August 1955 at the age of 14 galvanized the civil rights movement. Till was court-martialed on two counts of rape and one count of murder in Italy in 1945 while serving in the U.S. Army and was executed by hanging.

The army was still segregated at the time, and he and another African-American private, Fred McMurray, were found guilty by an army court-martial of raping two Italian women and murdering one during an air raid in 1944. Both men were hanged. Wideman isn't convinced of their guilt.

"Louis Till nor Fred McMurray ever had a chance," Wideman tells NPR's Scott Simon. "It was decided long before anybody even knew their names that some black soldiers are going to take the fall for these crimes."

Ignoring this part of the story continues to be a tragedy.

This woman not only lost a son, but a husband as well - due to the exact same circumstances.

How else could she have been so strong?

The first time she was probably in grief / shock / couldn't make sense of it...

The second time she was furious and we all know what anger can do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom