Lets pick: Indoor or Outdoor Basketball?

Originally Posted by 255forLife

outdoor's a lot rougher on the knees and on the kicks..

but there's something about hooping in the park and holding court all day.

plus when you're playing by 1s and 2s, it's always satisfying to kill 'em with 2s..

last time i hooped in queens, we were down 2-11 (game to 21, change court at 11) or something and i caught on fire from deep.. hit like six 2s..

they were doubling teaming me at the 3 pt line, but finally at 20-all (win by 2), i had the ball halfway between halfcourt and the 3pt line.. dude was like, "i'll let you shoot from there." so i did. money. game.
smokin.gif

you usually run in queens? where at?

indoors. outdoors are nice though but usually me and my boys from high school run it up in our gym and keep park rats/scrubs out.

It was always outdoors, but from 2004-2007 I stopped playing outdoors. I just played indoors, no particular reason, just had an indoor gym to hoop in. Plus,most of my boys stopped hoopin' so rollin' to the park solo,
grin.gif
. Nothing wrong with it, just not one to do it.

Anyway, the boys got together during a bbq and we hooped outdoors, this was last summer,
smh.gif
, boy my knees were killing me for a couple of days after. My kneesnever hurt that bad. Guess, I am getting old (27). Outdoor courts don't give.

Only indoor from now on, but if we are in a bbq settin, I won't turn down a spot to run.

Originally Posted by mike2389

when i play outdoors, my jumper is off

mad.gif
that pisses me off, shots i can drain indoors just dont fall outside!

Originally Posted by 255forLife

outdoor's a lot rougher on the knees and on the kicks..

but there's something about hooping in the park and holding court all day.
ive ruined soo many kicks hoopin out doors

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

When I was younger I would have said outside but I def perfer in-door now

that sums it up.

Indoor is way better then outdoor

even though I rarely play at indoor courts when I have its way easier

indoors if i had a choice.

it's much easier on my knees.

and i live in houston, and it's been over 100 degrees everyday since june.

but there is something about playing outdoors when the weather's cool.

indoor easily, outside gives u scars when you fall for one and I have plenty on my elbows and knees. Also since my most valuable asset is my jumper, Im a lotworse at shooting outside and most of the time the basketballs just aren't as nice. Playing indoor at a nice Y is where its at.

indoors! my knees can't take playing outdoors anymore, plus i hate all the gashes, scraped knees you get from falling and diving....

Both have their good and bad. I like playing outdoors because I grew up on the playgrounds and love the feeling of playing outside with the wind blowingthrough my hair. The only bad part is the sun can get too strong and the concrete is not kind on my knees. I don't like playing indoors as much because itreminds me of basketball practice too much but it is much more comfortable playing indoors.

damn yall are soundin like a bunch of old women, i guess i can understand the knee thing but everything else just sounds like fake hustle. Dudes worryinscrapes n scars realistically how many times a game are you dudes fallin on the ground. I played religiously outside for 20+ yrs and cant remember once where Iwas cut up enough to stop playin. BTW floor burns hurt more than a lil scrape...stop floppin suckas!

When playing outdoors, the hoop seems like the ocean... Everything seems to be falling, not sure why...

I prefer playing indoors though, because it gives me that game-like feeling.

outdoor nice little spot in the back of this school with lights
7 pm till whenever we feel like stopping

Back
Top Bottom