Let's settle this. Which active players deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

Let's base this only on what players have ALREADY achieved. KD, CP3, Carmelo, you'll have your day, but not now.

We'll separate this into two groups, definite Hall of Famers, and those who are questionable (or guys who may not be first ballot/headliners).

Definite Hall of Famers:
Shaq
Kobe
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Ray Allen? (Will end up as first overall in 3PTM)
Paul Pierce? (Finals MVP, hell of a Celtic).

I think we can all agree on those (even if you don't want to [word to CP]).

Now, I'm going to rally off some names just for consideration, that's what we'll discuss, including accolades.

Grant Hill. Always someone who has garnished controversy on whether he deserves to be in or not. Rookie of the year, five all NBA selections. Olympic Gold.

Chauncey Billups. He was the leader of the New Bad Boys. Though they only won once, they were terrific for a span of 3-4 years, and he's the only one who has still persevered and remained relevant in the NBA past his Detroit days. Guy has a Finals MVP, I think that's his in. Two defensive team awards, 3 all-nba teams.

Vince Carter. Guy had a fabulous decade full of highlight dunks. He never had much success in the post-season, but always put up great stats. He's about as low as I think you can get to get into the Hall. He is in the same boat as Tracy IMO. Rookie of the year and two all-nba selections. Olympic gold medalist. FIBA gold.

Pau Gasol. Key reason why he brought two rings to LA, plus had tons of success in the Olympics/international basketball. Rookie of the year, 2 all-nba team, FIBA MVP, EuroBasket MVP, Silver Olympic Medal, Gold FIBA Medal.

Marcus Camby. This guy gets a mention purely for his defense. DPOY once, and 4 All-Defense teams. Iffy on him as well.

Ben Wallace. Defensive stud. 4x DPOY, 5 All-NBA selection, 6x All-defense teams (Five on First Team).

Tony Parker. Another great international star. 3x Champion, Finals MVP, but only one All-NBA team.

Manu. He's a 3x champion, with only one all-nba award. a 6th man award under his belt, but has a fabulous International resume. That includes Gold in Olympic play.

Wade. Finals MVP, Scoring Champ, 5x All-NBA, 3x All-Defense. Gold in Beijing. He'd get in today if he retired.

Bron. He's a lock now. He has 2 MVPs. He has the resume. 6x All NBA, 2x All-defense, ASG MVP twice, Rookie of the year, and an Olympic Medal.

Dwight. Dare I say the best resume of anyone past the 03 draft? 2x DPOY, 4x All-NBA, 3x All-Defense, potentially a MVP this year, and a gold medal.

Feel free to add names and discuss. I just wanted to get the pot stirring. Some of my picks you may completely disagree with, I don't know if I'd include all these guys, but just a short list I put together.

Let's base this only on what players have ALREADY achieved. KD, CP3, Carmelo, you'll have your day, but not now.

We'll separate this into two groups, definite Hall of Famers, and those who are questionable (or guys who may not be first ballot/headliners).

Definite Hall of Famers:
Shaq
Kobe
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Ray Allen? (Will end up as first overall in 3PTM)
Paul Pierce? (Finals MVP, hell of a Celtic).

I think we can all agree on those (even if you don't want to [word to CP]).

Now, I'm going to rally off some names just for consideration, that's what we'll discuss, including accolades.

Grant Hill. Always someone who has garnished controversy on whether he deserves to be in or not. Rookie of the year, five all NBA selections. Olympic Gold.

Chauncey Billups. He was the leader of the New Bad Boys. Though they only won once, they were terrific for a span of 3-4 years, and he's the only one who has still persevered and remained relevant in the NBA past his Detroit days. Guy has a Finals MVP, I think that's his in. Two defensive team awards, 3 all-nba teams.

Vince Carter. Guy had a fabulous decade full of highlight dunks. He never had much success in the post-season, but always put up great stats. He's about as low as I think you can get to get into the Hall. He is in the same boat as Tracy IMO. Rookie of the year and two all-nba selections. Olympic gold medalist. FIBA gold.

Pau Gasol. Key reason why he brought two rings to LA, plus had tons of success in the Olympics/international basketball. Rookie of the year, 2 all-nba team, FIBA MVP, EuroBasket MVP, Silver Olympic Medal, Gold FIBA Medal.

Marcus Camby. This guy gets a mention purely for his defense. DPOY once, and 4 All-Defense teams. Iffy on him as well.

Ben Wallace. Defensive stud. 4x DPOY, 5 All-NBA selection, 6x All-defense teams (Five on First Team).

Tony Parker. Another great international star. 3x Champion, Finals MVP, but only one All-NBA team.

Manu. He's a 3x champion, with only one all-nba award. a 6th man award under his belt, but has a fabulous International resume. That includes Gold in Olympic play.

Wade. Finals MVP, Scoring Champ, 5x All-NBA, 3x All-Defense. Gold in Beijing. He'd get in today if he retired.

Bron. He's a lock now. He has 2 MVPs. He has the resume. 6x All NBA, 2x All-defense, ASG MVP twice, Rookie of the year, and an Olympic Medal.

Dwight. Dare I say the best resume of anyone past the 03 draft? 2x DPOY, 4x All-NBA, 3x All-Defense, potentially a MVP this year, and a gold medal.

Feel free to add names and discuss. I just wanted to get the pot stirring. Some of my picks you may completely disagree with, I don't know if I'd include all these guys, but just a short list I put together.

tl;dr
If I ran the HOF, and I will once my 5 year plan to dominate the world comes to fruition, a max of 10 players per decade would get in. NO ARGUMENT NECESSARY. It's yes or no. That's it. 

tl;dr
If I ran the HOF, and I will once my 5 year plan to dominate the world comes to fruition, a max of 10 players per decade would get in. NO ARGUMENT NECESSARY. It's yes or no. That's it. 

dont think paul pierce belongs with the rest of those dudes on your list but hes probably going to be a hall of famer.

dont think paul pierce belongs with the rest of those dudes on your list but hes probably going to be a hall of famer.

That's pretty much it. I can see some more names getting thrown around but the original post summed it up.

That's pretty much it. I can see some more names getting thrown around but the original post summed it up.

Gasol is not a HOF player...

I'm a Laker fan if that mattes
grin.gif

^Taking into consideration what he's done for the Lakers and International success, I felt wrong just leaving him out.

^Taking into consideration what he's done for the Lakers and International success, I felt wrong just leaving him out.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

grin.gif

Yeah, sure you're a "Laker" fan.
eyes.gif

Pau Gasol is easily a HOFer. Two rings where he played a major role (robbed of one finals MVP). Rookie Of the Year. 10 seasons with averages of 18.8 on .522 shooting, 9.0 rpg, 3.2 apg & 1.7 bpg. And he still has some nice seasons left in him.

2006 World Championship winner and MVP of the tournament. 2009 European Championship and MVP of the tournament. Olympic silver. If you take into consideration that he's an international and players such as Sabonis and Divac who have had worse NBA careers than him will make it, Gasol is a shoe-in for the HOF.

grin.gif

eyes.gif

Pau Gasol is easily a HOFer. Two rings where he played a major role (robbed of one finals MVP). Rookie Of the Year. 10 seasons with averages of 18.8 on .522 shooting, 9.0 rpg, 3.2 apg & 1.7 bpg. And he still has some nice seasons left in him.

2006 World Championship winner and MVP of the tournament. 2009 European Championship and MVP of the tournament. Olympic silver. If you take into consideration that he's an international and players such as Sabonis and Divac who have had worse NBA careers than him will make it, Gasol is a shoe-in for the HOF.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

grin.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Gasol is a HOF'er though

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

grin.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Gasol is a HOF'er though

Gasol was robbed of the Finals MVP IMO. I wouldn't say HOFer yet though. If he can do what he's been doing for the next 1-2, maybe 3 years - he'll be a HOFer. And you forgot Iverson. His resume and skill level for his size will be infamously known forever. He's technically an active player. And Kevin Love has picked out his suit for the HOF one day
wink.gif

Gasol was robbed of the Finals MVP IMO. I wouldn't say HOFer yet though. If he can do what he's been doing for the next 1-2, maybe 3 years - he'll be a HOFer. And you forgot Iverson. His resume and skill level for his size will be infamously known forever. He's technically an active player. And Kevin Love has picked out his suit for the HOF one day
wink.gif

nerd.gif
So you made a thread with a question. And answered just about all of it. So you could show off your knowledge?

nerd.gif
So you made a thread with a question. And answered just about all of it. So you could show off your knowledge?

Manu and Gasol's international success will get them in. LeBron and Wade are pretty much locks. Dwight will probably get in also. After that, I'm not sure.

Manu and Gasol's international success will get them in. LeBron and Wade are pretty much locks. Dwight will probably get in also. After that, I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

nerd.gif

It's for sure better than just the question and then "Discuss"

Back
Top Bottom