Let's settle this. Which active players deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

if tony parker gets in, he better be side by side with d fish

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What has Derek Fisher done in his career to deserve a spot in the HOF?

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

if tony parker gets in, he better be side by side with d fish

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What has Derek Fisher done in his career to deserve a spot in the HOF?

It looks like he's pointing out that Tony Parker shouldn't be in there

IMO, we cant just keep throwing people into the "lock for the HOF" category just because they are good players today. There are obviously players that statistically warrant HOF consideration but to just mention names because they are the best we have today is reckless.

It looks like he's pointing out that Tony Parker shouldn't be in there

IMO, we cant just keep throwing people into the "lock for the HOF" category just because they are good players today. There are obviously players that statistically warrant HOF consideration but to just mention names because they are the best we have today is reckless.

Originally Posted by shogun

do a lot of people think paul pierce is a lock for the HOF?
he's a very good player and has been great in the playoffs but i don't view him as one of the best of all time.

i feel like they should be more selective.

He's a Celtic *kanye shrug*.. a lot of people don't deserve* to be in there.. but they do.. I'm sure Pierce will sneak in.

Originally Posted by shogun

do a lot of people think paul pierce is a lock for the HOF?
he's a very good player and has been great in the playoffs but i don't view him as one of the best of all time.

i feel like they should be more selective.

He's a Celtic *kanye shrug*.. a lot of people don't deserve* to be in there.. but they do.. I'm sure Pierce will sneak in.

Tony Parker is not a Hall of Famer IMO...I don't think there's ever really been a time when hes been a top 3 or even top 5 player at his position....top 10 for sure but being a top 10 player at your position shouldn't be enough to warrant HOF consideration. He does have 3 rings and a finals MVP but he's also been fortunate to play alongside one of the top 10 or 15 players ever in Duncan. Parker is only a 3 time all star and has 1 3rd team all NBA selection, hes gonna need more than that to be in the HOF.

Tony Parker is not a Hall of Famer IMO...I don't think there's ever really been a time when hes been a top 3 or even top 5 player at his position....top 10 for sure but being a top 10 player at your position shouldn't be enough to warrant HOF consideration. He does have 3 rings and a finals MVP but he's also been fortunate to play alongside one of the top 10 or 15 players ever in Duncan. Parker is only a 3 time all star and has 1 3rd team all NBA selection, hes gonna need more than that to be in the HOF.

Originally Posted by NikePennyIV

Never considered top 3 in his position?He was considered top 3 before he got hurt last season. Not in order: but it was Parker, Nash, and Paul. Then they started throwing in Williams and Rondo.  Parker will have 20,000 points by the time he retires from the NBA.. That's what gets you in the HOF. 
Paul Pierce will get in also because he has 20,000 points and a finals MVP. 

Originally Posted by NikePennyIV

Never considered top 3 in his position?He was considered top 3 before he got hurt last season. Not in order: but it was Parker, Nash, and Paul. Then they started throwing in Williams and Rondo.  Parker will have 20,000 points by the time he retires from the NBA.. That's what gets you in the HOF. 
Paul Pierce will get in also because he has 20,000 points and a finals MVP. 

Deron was considered one of the best PGs well before that...he averaged 16 and 9 in his 2nd season back in 06-07, Kidd and Billups were in the discussion as well. Parker also isn't a top 5 pg now, and like I said, hes going to need more than 3 All Star appearances and 1 3rd team all NBA selection to be a HOFer. If he can do that and get 20,000 pts then he deserves consideration but at this point right now I don't think he does. I agree that Pierce should get in though, 8 all star appearances and he'll retire with around 25,000 pts or more. 

Deron was considered one of the best PGs well before that...he averaged 16 and 9 in his 2nd season back in 06-07, Kidd and Billups were in the discussion as well. Parker also isn't a top 5 pg now, and like I said, hes going to need more than 3 All Star appearances and 1 3rd team all NBA selection to be a HOFer. If he can do that and get 20,000 pts then he deserves consideration but at this point right now I don't think he does. I agree that Pierce should get in though, 8 all star appearances and he'll retire with around 25,000 pts or more. 

You can't disregard Parker's international success. That will also be a major factor into him making it to the HOF.

You can't disregard Parker's international success. That will also be a major factor into him making it to the HOF.

Back
Top Bottom