Lets talk about the TSA. Yay or Nay?

sillyputty

Banned
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
Rand Paul stopped by TSA
By: Tim Mak
January 23, 2012 10:37 AM EST
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul was blocked from boarding a flight Monday by the Transportation Security Administration in Nashville, Tenn., after refusing a full body pat-down, POLITICO has confirmed.

“I spoke with him five minutes ago and he was being detained indefinitely,
[/td][/tr][/table]

i would support them if they were effective but i read an article a couple months ago where there were some undercover tsa agents testing to see if they can get certain weapons and dangerous items passed them and they were successful so it shows that they do not actually prevent anything

one reason i think the tsa is good is because it created so many jobs during the recession even if the purpose was meaningless thousands of people became employed

No.

Let the private airlines supply their own security. These planes cost millions of dollars, they have a financial incentive to make sure they get from Point A to Point B and their customers get to their destination safely.

Government on the other hand has ZERO incentive to make sure you get to your destination safely, if anything, they have every incentive that you don't. The more "terrorism" there is is just a justification to expand its growth.

Originally Posted by rashi

No.

Let the private airlines supply their own security. These planes cost millions of dollars, they have a financial incentive to make sure they get from Point A to Point B and their customers get to their destination safely.

Government on the other hand has ZERO incentive to make sure you get to your destination safely, if anything, they have every incentive that you don't. The more "terrorism" there is is just a justification to expand its growth.

bingo

THey are just over the top, mean spirited individuals who lack common sense.

I was detained for having a set of tweezers in my carry on They never once gave me the option to simply throw them away and go on my way. So I initiated the conversation in saying "Can't I just throw these away and go on my way?" Their response was , "yeah. that would work". They had me sweating with no reasonable options granted. They said, "you can't get on your flight". So it's me who has to negotiate and work out a reasonable solution? It's just sad.

I thought if it beeped, they would use a metal detector wand, and then have you go again? That's all this guy wanted, was another chance at a scanner. Instead they go above and beyond and in their over the top antics say that he has to be patted down or else... Then why just hours later did he re-enter that area, was scanned just once, and everything was fine?

The tsa is a load of rubbish. All they do is grope anyone they want when they get bored. Have you seen the stuff that gets through them on a daily bases? Knives, nailclippers, etc. They can't even do their jobs.

Originally Posted by twozerosix

No.

bingo

The problem with your stance is that you're laying the responsibility into the corporations hands.  Considering the corruption with these large corporations is that they would never implement any type of security that's currently in place.  They're all about the money, and will cut as many corners as possible.  They will always help themselves before they help the consumer.  
However, I do believe that TSA should be enforced, however, these private sectors would have to be the majority in financing these security measures.  Without forcing their hand, there would be no effective security to begin with.

In terms of whether TSA is right or wrong is another story, but I feel that if regulated well, it's implementation is done with great intentions.

The majority that complain are just complaining to complain, as always.  A few seconds of being uncomfortable is worth my family's life.  If you have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Lastly, air transportation is not a right.

because they grope you man. a pat down isnt like a pat on the back. its !@%!%#% jacking ur thighs off with their heavy petting.

laugh.gif

I have flown like 8 times since this whole TSA bruhaha and never been patted down. I don't see what the big deal is.

Do people really want to get on a plane with 200 people who haven't been through any type of security checks?

What most people want, is a profiling system where high risk people (read: Muslims) have to go through it and nobody else. Problem is, then when something happens they are still going to want to be mad and blame the security.

Originally Posted by twozerosix

No.

bingo

Thread/

Thing is though the airline industry is HEAVILY subsidized by the government as it is and it would be way more expensive to fly if the industry had to you know provide for itself. People would probably start crying about their "right" to fly when the prices went up to levels the equilibrium level for airlines to make a profit. Reality is a trip.
Guess this is off topic - I haven't been on a plane in a while, but can someone tell me why being pat down is a bad thing? 
Make men check men, and women check women.  I'd rather everyone be pat down, I'd feel a lot safer.

Thats cool and all but there is this little thing called the constitution that says you have to have probable cause to search someone's persons unless they ALLOW you to do so. Buying a plane ticket is not probable cause.
The problem with your stance is that you're laying the responsibility into the corporations hands.  Considering the corruption with these large corporations is that they would never implement any type of security that's currently in place.  They're all about the money, and will cut as many corners as possible.  They will always help themselves before they help the consumer.  
However, I do believe that TSA should be enforced, however, these private sectors would have to be the majority in financing these security measures.  Without forcing their hand, there would be no effective security to begin with.

In terms of whether TSA is right or wrong is another story, but I feel that if regulated well, it's implementation is done with great intentions.

The majority that complain are just complaining to complain, as always.  A few seconds of being uncomfortable is worth my family's life.  If you have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Lastly, air transportation is not a right.

Yes but if I think that airplane security is to invasive I should have the choice to fly on that "money hungry" airline that does not pat me down. Its not about what you think is right or wrong. If you wanna fly your family on the airline that gropes your entire family that is on you. Do no force that on others though.

I have flown like 8 times since this whole TSA bruhaha and never been patted down. I don't see what the big deal is.

Do people really want to get on a plane with 200 people who haven't been through any type of security checks?

What most people want, is a profiling system where high risk people (read: Muslims) have to go through it and nobody else. Problem is, then when something happens they are still going to want to be mad and blame the security.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TSA was created after 9/11 ... how were things before the "attacks" took place ?

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TSA was created after 9/11 ... how were things before the "attacks" took place ?

but since it did happen, i think it's matter of learning from your mistakes

It's the inconsistencies that really bother me. Boarding with a bag full of contact solution at JFK, only to be forced to throw it away when returning home, is absurd.

do you want security or do you want freedom? i myself would prefer freedom.

TSA is nothing but a freakin waste of time, money, effort, and cause for undue stress on travellers...not only that, but they infringe upon our rights as americans. AND they're ineffective.

you think anything like 9/11 is gonna happen again? not a chance.

The tsa was created so the we the people can feel safer and trust our country with trying to make us more secure
its more of a psychological thing to make us feel that after 2001 our country changed and is more secure

Originally Posted by odog24

The tsa was created so the we the people can feel safer and trust our country with trying to make us more secure
its more of a psychological thing to make us feel that after 2001 our country changed and is more secure

But its illegal
laugh.gif

I would rather have security in this instance. It's not like we are talking about something that is a big deal. Take off your shoes and put them with your carry ons on a tray so they can run through the scanner, walk through it. Not a huge inconvenience for the piece of mind it provides.

you werent patted down, but you were irradiated when you went through the human microwaves

hope you like cancer brah

I would rather have security in this instance. It's not like we are talking about something that is a big deal. Take off your shoes and put them with your carry ons on a tray so they can run through the scanner, walk through it. Not a huge inconvenience for the piece of mind it provides.
If you want to do that that is cool you can but they technically do not have the right to force people to submit to this. They bully you into doing so which is wrong.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by odog24

But its illegal
laugh.gif
whats illegal???
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom