LETS TALK AVIA

not sure if anyone discussed this in here or not but the same people running And1 are running Avia Legacy. Designers are working on both brands - that’s why we have seen some great and1 retros lately too.

not sure if anyone discussed this in here or not but the same people running And1 are running Avia Legacy. Designers are working on both brands - that’s why we have seen some great and1 retros lately too.

Hey Bryan, I didn't know that. I knew there were 2 different Avia companies (the Legacy company is NOT the ones who made those 830s that were on Amazon and Dr. jays for cheap). Very cool they grabbed And1. Thanks for the info.

Yeah those Amazon joints don’t hit the same.

And I had no idea of the And-1 revamp. Never my flavor but dope nonetheless.

I'd be very interested in a comparison between the 830s released on Avia/Amazon/DrJays and the 830s released by Avia Is Back. I have a pair of the first ones and I think they're excellent.

Hey Bryan, I didn't know that. I knew there were 2 different Avia companies (the Legacy company is NOT the ones who made those 830s that were on Amazon and Dr. jays for cheap). Very cool they grabbed And1. Thanks for the info.
Legacy were the ones who made the 830’s that showed up on Dr Jays

Legacy were the ones who made the 830’s that showed up on Dr Jays

Really? I talked to the Aviaisback and they said they had nothing to do with the ones on Amazon and such. Unless the Amazon pair are different than the Dr. Jays pair.

I just saw some Avia joints at Walters here in Atlanta. Figured they were maybe the Amazon pair. I’ll catch pics when I go back

I'd be very interested in a comparison between the 830s released on Avia/Amazon/DrJays and the 830s released by Avia Is Back. I have a pair of the first ones and I think they're excellent.
For those who ordered the 830s from aviaisback.com, when you get your pairs, please let us see the shoe size tag. This could be the only way we know the shoes are manufactured from two different sources.

Reactions: MJH
Making things more confusing, avia.com just dropped three colorways of the 880 hi ($120 USD) including the same one from aviaisback.com. There's also three colorways of the 855 low circa '89 ($100 USD). Link. Still hoping someone will do a comparison between the two sources to see how different they really are.

880-black.jpg

880-grey.jpg

880-rwb.jpg

855-black.jpg

855-green.jpg

855-red.jpg

Wow…so we are unsure if we’re buying official Avia?

Sort of? Here's all I know from poking around -- the "About" section of the aviaisback.com site says they're a research and development project affiliated to the iconic basketball brand, created by and for sneaker enthusiasts. They have several accounts on Instagram, one of which is @avia_archive. The bio on that account says AVIA Retro Sneakers Project by SEALlab @seallab_studios, and the bio for the SEALlab account says Sneaker Design & Development Lab. Sneaker Brands Consulting. Shanghai Based. Found by @kimkiroic & @taoat2019. Contact / [email protected]. There's also contact info for @taoat2019 under their own profile: [email protected]. Both accounts say they're footwear designers based out of Shanghai.

Here’s what I was told: “Would love to clear it up because I know it looks so confusing. All same company technically 2 different licenses. That’s Avia EU and we also have an Avia China. We are considered Avia US/NY. All ended up developing the 880/855 as exact same time with different distributions and a few factories. Aviaisback was developed in Spain but using the China factories

Interesting. I wonder why the grey 880 from Aviaisback retails for $75 USD more than the same pair on Avia. I do see a difference between the two from stock photos but it's tiny. The pair from Aviaisback has nine perforation holes in the collar while the pair from Avia has eight, which is what the OGs had.

Thats why I had my question a couple pages back were aviais back official.

Based on photos aviaisback is better

I just assumed the silhouettes looked different because of camera angle or whatever, but if that's how they look in person then yeah I definitely agree that Aviaisback looks better

Really? I talked to the Aviaisback and they said they had nothing to do with the ones on Amazon and such. Unless the Amazon pair are different than the Dr. Jays pair.
If you re-read what I wrote I said AviaLegacy never mentioned Aviasback. Avia Legacy has them all over their IG and are the ones that brought them back through Dr Jays and Amazon.

Top Row L to R – Avia Sky Tech (1986), 830 Hi (1987), 870 Hi Robert Parrish (1990), Thunder Bolt Fly Zone (1995) Bottom Row L to R – 825 Mid NYC edition (1987), 825 Mid (1987), FT Tech 500c (1998), Thunder Bolt Flyzone (1995)
sn-select-khalli-vegas-6.jpg

L to R – Avia Cantilever (1982) Avia Cantilever (1982), Avia XT 1445 Cross trainer (1994)
sn-select-khalli-vegas-7.jpg

I like the FT Tech and Flyzones

Just went through Avialegacy IG page. Their 880s are off compared to the OGs, and they have a pair of OGs posted. Aviaisback pair looks much closer to the OG, and better.

I like these
4E9F397E-205A-4FEA-AEC5-46B2F87A9D71.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom