levis finally got it right 521 & 513

LOL
I've had my 521's for about a year. i put them in the washer and they got super stiff and shrunk. :frown: time for some new jeans, even though i wear shorts nearly every single day. gonna try the 513, 508, and may give the 511, 514, and 501 another shot.

Yea, have fun buying rebranded 521's.

Alright.. Soooooo UPS just dropped my pair off.. I have officially found my new favorite jeans.

Here's the rundown.

Levis 508- Rigid Envy Colorway.
Size - 42-30..... But trying them on now I could have went with a 40.. ( they seem to run a little big and denim does stretch so a 40 seems doable)

Like I said earlier I am a bigger guy so I have "Thighs".

My Build.

5'11...
270lbs ( formerly 315 and still on my way to losing more.)

Like I said earlier the length is 30 but you'll see that I have extremely short legs cause I still have quite a bit of stacking ... Lol.

Pics are not the best but all I had to work with at the moment. I'll see if I can get someone to take better pics later.

In this pic I pulled the thigh area to show that there is still some room so it's not extremely tight through the thigh area.

IMO if you're coming from 501 but want a bit of a better fit especially around the ankle to wear with vans, janoskis ( which is pictured) then these are def. the jeans for you.
Any questions feel free to drop one.. Here or through PM.

LOL

I've had my 521's for about a year. i put them in the washer and they got super stiff and shrunk. :frown: time for some new jeans, even though i wear shorts nearly every single day. gonna try the 513, 508, and may give the 511, 514, and 501 another shot.
I washed my 521's and haven't worn them in months. Wore them this weekend and could barely put my hands in the pockets :lol:. They'll be good again after another wear. I'm usually wearing a pair of 521's or 513's.

whats the difference between slim straight and slim?

Slim Straight- Slim waist, straight leg
Slim- Slim waist and leg

The slim straight will have a wider leg than the slim.

At least, that's what I believe the difference is.

Bout to go to the moa today and try out the 508s myself
pics,if possible.
no doubt.. and when I say bout to I mean at like 5-6 in the afternoon
laugh.gif

and my guy b20 posted some pics of him in 508s

Last edited:
I went from 514s to 513 and 508/521s, but the only thing I don't like about 513s is that they don't have the same lower rise as 514s do. :smh: Everything else is perfect tho. 508/521s=:smokin

Last edited:
been rockin' 501s...

what's the difference between 501s and these two numbers?

:nerd: :nerd:
501's are straight fit while the 508/521 is tapered or less baggy below the knee. The 508/521 is just slightly slimmer in the thigh (less than half an inch) than the 501 but its pretty close in terms of fit. They look :pimp: with non-bulky shoes like desert boots or low profile sneakers. Can't speak on the 513.

Learned my lesson :lol:. From now on I will be trying them on at the store. I had a 32 that fit like a 30 so I had to switch up my fit for the night :smh:

513's and 514's :pimp: gonna have to try the 508's next

508's are now my new favorite fit.  Love them things.  They're not cheap motels(no ballroom) up top, and they have a nice taper at the ankle, so you can look down and see your kicks.  I have 501's and 505's too, but the 508's are the go to cut every time.  Finally a nice tapered cut without looking like a hipster douche.

513s are tight as hell on the leg don't let nt lie to you

if you wear 501s then 514s would be a better alternative

levis has 40% off today too with the code MONDAY

Really digging the 508. Room in the thigh area but small leg openings so my kicks show.

508's are now my new favorite fit.  Love them things.  They're not cheap motels(no ballroom) up top, and they have a nice taper at the ankle, so you can look down and see your kicks.  I have 501's and 505's too, but the 508's are the go to cut every time.  Finally a nice tapered cut without looking like a hipster douche.

Agree

Back
Top Bottom