Li-Ning Thread

yea the soles are the best part of the TSN shoes
mean.gif

yellowing? the clear parts will eventually oxidize no matter what you do. you can limit it, but even DS pairs will eventually yellow. I have a DS TNS that ill take a pic of when i get home and its starting already. Its no biggie to me but it bothers some

yellowing? the clear parts will eventually oxidize no matter what you do. you can limit it, but even DS pairs will eventually yellow. I have a DS TNS that ill take a pic of when i get home and its starting already. Its no biggie to me but it bothers some

Agreed. Even with a sole protector oxidation can't be 100% eliminated. I clean all my soles after use but yellowing doesn't bother me. Kicks are for wearing and no interest in resale value.

flash3 flash3 if you gonna hoop in them forget about the soles. but if you love the sole (soul?) of a particular shoe and you're not keeping it on ice show it some love and rubber up. Wow 1 LE/SE have some of the most beautiful soles in the history of sneakers. Sneakers like the Gold Rush 1.5s were made in very limited runs and are unlikely to ever see rerelease. That means there are a very finite number of these on this planet.

For those who don't identify as resellers consider this: Let's say your favorite sneaker of all time is not a JB 11 (with literally hundreds of thousands of pairs produced between numerous rereleasea) but the GR 1.5. Let's say you wear it but keep it in very good condition, so much so that it lasts 10+ years ( I have a pair of birkenstocks well used but lovingly restored several times that are almost 15 years old). Let's say 10 years from now you have a kid who loves that pair as much as you do. Knowing the unlikelihood of another release, you use your holoscreen to search eBay looking for the shoe. But wait: the only pair for sale in his size has the soles destroyed. You give the gift and he's overjoyed, but you can tell in his eyes he's oooed and ahhhed over the whole shoe in your collection and wishes someone would have used protection. WILL YOU TINGE HIS LITTLE HEART WITH SADNESS? YOU TOO CAN PREVENT THIS. PROTECT YOUR SOLES (only applicable for SE/LE light/clear soles not intended for athletic wear, all federal state and local laws do apply) #ALLLOVE #WOW_FAMILY

Last edited:

flash3 flash3
My ds pair. You can see they edges starting to yellow. This is stored at room temperature with a silica pack and in the dust bag. The pics are def worse than the in person look too

Last edited:
@Flash3  you'll get a wide array of results in yellowing. This is my pair from October 19th, 2013. I store all my clear sole stuff in the same place, and change out Sole Protector 3M if they get up to around 8-ish wears.

What is the best way to clean WOW shoes? After a long time of looking for the Gold Rush 1.5's in a size 12 I finally got them, but the seller said he only wore them once when he tried them on and obviously that wasn't the case. The soles are dirty and the carbon fiber strip is scratched. it will be too much hassle to return them and I probably will never find another pair in that size anyways, so I'm going to keep them and try to clean them. Whats the best way. (I paid 350)

Back
Top Bottom