Li-Ning Thread

Tns 2s Sony know if there 9.5 or a 10. But that store does phone orders if any of you are interested

I think the abundance of paint on the Overtown midsoles contribute to some of the quality issues. Very sticky and I guess has a tendency to rub etc. That being said I think we've only seen a few pairs like shaw333 shaw333 whereas you can pick an entire stockroom of JB releases with these issues.

Also the leather, while premium, definitely is prone to some of the scratches etc, since it's softer etc, compared to the more cardboard synthetic/plastic. IMO.

All that being said still a shame any pairs were received this way. Were they from the WoW site?

I think the abundance of paint on the Overtown midsoles contribute to some of the quality issues. Very sticky and I guess has a tendency to rub etc. That being said I think we've only seen a few pairs like shaw333 shaw333 whereas you can pick an entire stockroom of JB releases with these issues.

Also the leather, while premium, definitely is prone to some of the scratches etc, since it's softer etc, compared to the more cardboard synthetic/plastic. IMO.

All that being said still a shame any pairs were received this way. Were they from the WoW site?

Yea they were so it won't be hard to exchange but it seems like this is a trend at this point 1s and 1.5s were some of the highest quality shoes I've ever put on my feet. Then something about the 2s were a little off too me. Like the announcement yellowing. The yoth's had a lot of suede issues on the pairs I've seen and fading. And now these 2.5s seem to be a little lower than the 2s. It's just a trend I'm starting to notice.

D wade is my favorite player so I will still buy 1 of every release no matter what, but like I said before I just hope they don't speed up production to supply America with a ton of each release, especially since the last couple releasing are sitting and the heat lost some hype with bron jumping ship. I've just seen this before even, with reebok, when each release got a little worse than before and then you end up with Jb 2011/2012 products

Just got a new addition to my collection. Can't  believe I was lucky enough to get 2 pairs of the OG Gold Rush Encores 1.5's!!! I'm feeling happy today 
happy.gif
roll.gif

#WOWfam I realy have to say I feel the 1 and 1.5's are easily the best quality WOWs, I also hope that the shoes don't begin to decline because I'm in love with the old versions!!!

Yea they were so it won't be hard to exchange but it seems like this is a trend at this point 1s and 1.5s were some of the highest quality shoes I've ever put on my feet. Then something about the 2s were a little off too me. Like the announcement yellowing. The yoth's had a lot of suede issues on the pairs I've seen and fading. And now these 2.5s seem to be a little lower than the 2s. It's just a trend I'm starting to notice.

D wade is my favorite player so I will still buy 1 of every release no matter what, but like I said before I just hope they don't speed up production to supply America with a ton of each release, especially since the last couple releasing are sitting and the heat lost some hype with bron jumping ship.I've just seen this before even, with reebok, when each release got a little worse than before and then you end up with Jb 2011/2012 products

I hear you on that bro. Hopefully you can get a quick exchange. I remember reading in the ESPN article that Li-Ning needed to focus on their home (Chinese) market before really making an effort to hit the US market in a big way.

I LOVE Wade and his line and while I also like that I can cop these last few releases with ease when I'm ready...the $99 clearance from wayofwadeshoes and recent fanatics sales don't really scream "come dominate this market" so IMO I don't really see them trying to up their US game. That and since many of these releases are easily available overseas, US buyers have them before US drops. I wonder how many bit on Red Leopards for $320 shipped and then WoW had them for $200 retail. There are a few kinks that need ironing out...

Last edited:
I hear you on that bro. Hopefully you can get a quick exchange. I remember reading in the ESPN article that Li-Ning needed to focus on their home (Chinese) market before really making an effort to hit the US market in a big way.

I LOVE Wade and his line and while I also like that I can cop these last few releases with ease when I'm ready...the $99 clearance from wayofwadeshoes and recent fanatics sales don't really scream "come dominate this market" so IMO I don't really see them trying to up their US game. That and since many of these releases are easily available overseas, US buyers have them before US drops. I wonder how many bit on Red Leopards for $320 shipped and then WoW had them for $200 retail. There are a few kinks that need ironing out...

I paid $249 shipped from China for the Red Leopards and saw them drop and they would have cost me $225 instead. Not a huge difference.

But I did pay a lot for my Pink ASG and could have gotten them from Sunlight for retail. Wish I waited on those.

flash3 flash3 Nice pick up! Man if I could find another pair of GR1s sub 4 bills I'd pick them up in a heartbeat! Only other shoe in the line that approaches the quality of those kicks are the 2013 allstars (not the 3m BS) dc30 dc30 shaw333 shaw333 yeah I hear you I'm no reseller but at a certain level of connoisseurship with sneakers you got to flip especially if you live in a big city in a tiny apartment and your girl always getting on you about the leaning towers of sneaker boxes lol and recently trying to resell wow has gotten harder, prices dropping everywhere on secondary market. fallout from Bron leaving or something else? As long as #wow_family stay together maybe we can all benefit from falling prices = pick you up some HEAT on the CHEAP

Last edited:
One thing I've observed with WoW's. If you have patience, you can come across great prices. It's the patience part that is very hard.

Now that is seems prices are dropping does anyone know where I can get the Overtowns 1.5 in a size 12 with out ordering from over seas? Also I though the prices were dropping on WOW.com because they were making room for new stock/the next generation.

miamibro miamibro
Yes sir patience is KEY! And since I've seen deals hang for a bit I don't mind waiting. Only thing I waited too long in were some snow leopards in my size on eBay. Started at $600, relisted a few times down to $300. Went to buy and BOOM...scooped up. Oh well someone got a deal.

And I think it was shaw333 shaw333 who mentioned his Red Leopard price, but I was talking about Sole Warehouse I think. Early Red Leopards for like $320 shipped or something. So sometimes the initial drop hurts.

dc30 dc30 those snow leopards are beautiful. I never liked the yellow on the red leopards. I feel like sneaker makers in general often use the color gratuitously.

miamibro miamibro
Yes sir patience is KEY! And since I've seen deals hang for a bit I don't mind waiting. Only thing I waited too long in were some snow leopards in my size on eBay. Started at $600, relisted a few times down to $300. Went to buy and BOOM...scooped up. Oh well someone got a deal.

And I think it was shaw333 shaw333 who mentioned his Red Leopard price, but I was talking about Sole Warehouse I think. Early Red Leopards for like $320 shipped or something. So sometimes the initial drop hurts.

That was me about the Red Leopards. But I saw the Sole Warehouse price for them and was put off by the price for sure.

Whats a good price for Birthday 2's size 11.5? Have seen a few on Ebay, but dudes are asking for crazy amounts...between $500 and $1,000. I know they were limited, but that seems pretty steep.

D wade is my favorite player so I will still buy 1 of every release no matter what, but like I said before I just hope they don't speed up production to supply America with a ton of each release, especially since the last couple releasing are sitting and the heat lost some hype with bron jumping ship. I've just seen this before even, with reebok, when each release got a little worse than before and then you end up with Jb 2011/2012 products
Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers the 1's over the 2's.

It seems like ever since the release of the 2's, there are a lot more people into this line.  Which isn't a bad thing, since pairs are more available and at more locations also.

I also feel like the design went down.  The 1's, and especially 1.5s, had a great simple design.  The 1.5s built upon the 1's by adding some ventilation on the side, which I like.

The 2's I never really felt, and the 2.5s look unappealing to me.  There has been 1 colorway that I am looking into though, the Iceman Lows.

Anyone know a site that sells them except for hibasketballshoes?  Price on there is $210 shipped.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers the 1's over the 2's.
It seems like ever since the release of the 2's, there are a lot more people into this line.  Which isn't a bad thing, since pairs are more available and at more locations also.
I also feel like the design went down.  The 1's, and especially 1.5s, had a great simple design.  The 1.5s built upon the 1's by adding some ventilation on the side, which I like.
The 2's I never really felt, and the 2.5s look unappealing to me.  There has been 1 colorway that I am looking into though, the Iceman Lows.
Anyone know a site that sells them except for hibasketballshoes?  Price on there is $210 shipped.

The 2 clearly made the line easier to get... Li-Ning is finally starting to focus on producing more and hopefully starting to target the US more.

Sunlight Station will be getting them in the near future. Don't know an exact date.

Back
Top Bottom