Li-Ning Thread

How is the sizing on the 5s? I think I have been a sz 12 in WOW 2, and 11.5 in the 2.5 since they ran big.

How is the sizing on the 5s? I think I have been a sz 12 in WOW 2, and 11.5 in the 2.5 since they ran big.
I would say TTS.  Even as a wide footer, they fit pretty TTS for me. If you are inbetween sizes go half up, they def don't run as big as 2.5s. 

I would say TTS.  Even as a wide footer, they fit pretty TTS for me. If you are inbetween sizes go half up, they def don't run as big as 2.5s. 
I remember the 2s crushed my toes and I had to go up to 12 in the mids and lows.

Did anyone else get their all stars from team wow in this generic box with no numbered tag included? Are these samples? I am pretty disappointed that they did not disclose this info, and especially at over retail.

Aren't most of their stock samples or something since some of their stock aren't released to the public? Did it come with dust bag and hang tag?

Last edited:
Did you contact them yet to see if they'll refund you some money?

How much were they?
$265 shipped.

This is their response:

Hello. None of our products are listed as retail products. Apologies if you were under that impression but this has never been the case. All of our shoes are samples or PEs. Although our shoes were priced at $100 over retail it is still significantly lower than what others were selling for after original retail release. 

$265 shipped.

This is their response:

Hello. None of our products are listed as retail products. Apologies if you were under that impression but this has never been the case. All of our shoes are samples or PEs. Although our shoes were priced at $100 over retail it is still significantly lower than what others were selling for after original retail release. 
I wouldn't worry too much. You got a pair at a great price. I certainly had to pay more for mine.

Did anyone else get their all stars from team wow in this generic box with no numbered tag included? Are these samples? I am pretty disappointed that they did not disclose this info, and especially at over retail.

Yes and I'm pissed af. They should have disclosed that info up front. The pair I got was unlaced, most definitely tired on, missing retail box, dust bag, tissue paper, stickers, etc.. If they put that up front I would've skipped at $265 and purchased a pair for $300ish instead. I already know one person filing a paypal claim. I'm thinking I may do the same.

Yes and I'm pissed af. They should have disclosed that info up front. The pair I got was unlaced, most definitely tired on, missing retail box, dust bag, tissue paper, stickers, etc.. If they put that up front I would've skipped at $265 and purchased a pair for $300ish instead. I already know one person filing a paypal claim. I'm thinking I may do the same.

Let me know if you do because I will then too. If enough people do it then they will know they messed up.

Let me know if you do because I will then too. If enough people do it then they will know they messed up.
They already know they messed up. I wouldn't be happy about it. I have said it before and I'll say it again...WoW "fam"? BS...the team WoW site etc always seemed like the cool clique nobody was allowed in...with the idea of fam only pertaining to certain people. I have been in this thread for a long time and I'm sure I'm not the only 1 who felt this way over time. Stuff like this plus the decline of the 4 and 5 (IMO) is one of the reasons I kinda just walked away from the line.

They have had full disclosure on items they sold in the past so I'm not sure why this would be any different...oh wait...so they could charge high resell and not lose business over boxes etc. shady nonsense if you ask me. End rant.

Last edited:
I emailed them again, and they responded. They give zero F's...

Me:

I really would like to receive a partial refund on this pair, and I know a lot of people on Facebook and Nike talk that feel the same way. This should have been disclosed on the product page. Plus it's a bad look that the product page was taken down right after people started complaining about this. I have bought samples in the past from you guys and the box was no issue because they were stated as such. I think you guys should do the right thing and give partial refunds out to those who are upset.

Team WOW:

Hello again sir. The reason the item was removed was for the same reason all other items are removed. It is sold out. You were sent exactly what was in the description. The sneakers are 100% authentic, DS condition, with box. As far as a dust bag is concerned, it was never mentioned in the description and this can clearly be seen in the picture you sent previously. Any shoe that has ever come with a dust bag, it was clearly stated in the description. Again, we have never sold retail pairs nor have we EVER stated that ANY pair will come with a retail box. There has never been an intention to deceive any of our customers. I'm not exactly sure how this can be more clear. No other items currently or in the past on our page have any information stating that a retail box is not included so I am unclear on what information you would have liked to have been disclosed.

I think I will just take my business elsewhere. They don't seem to care about customer retention at all.

I have said it before and I'll say it again...WoW "fam"? BS...the team WoW site etc always seemed the like cool clique nobody was allowed in...with the idea of fam only pertaining to certain people.

Yep, I get that impression too

Yep, I get that impression too
It's no secret, has never been. But hey listen, if all those cats and the ones that come in here and help each other out regularly...then I guess it's better than helping nobody. But don't pander to us like it's some unified collectors group where we're all included...when we're not. And that kinda crap shouldn't be predicated on how much you've tried to purchase from them in the past.

How are they getting the shoes?

Li-Ning part of the blame for not releasing the better colorways. Low sales excuse is bs since most of what they release aren't selling any better but they still churn those out every year. Should do a vote system in what should or should not release.

Only bought a pair of 4s for cheap from nightwing. That's my recent purchase in the last year and a half maybe 2. Anta doing a better job for Klay's shoes. Brandblack is up there too.

How are they getting the shoes?

Li-Ning part of the blame for not releasing the better colorways. Low sales excuse is bs since most of what they release aren't selling any better but they still churn those out every year. Should do a vote system in what should or should not release.

Only bought a pair of 4s for cheap from nightwing. That's my recent purchase in the last year and a half maybe 2. Anta doing a better job for Klay's shoes. Brandblack is up there too.
Man its a lot of crying and moaning in here. But lets be basic... team wow has been doing this same thing for years. If you bought a pair from them you would know this. Its obvious they have the ability to get pairs that were never set to release to the public...hence the pairs that were going to friends or family or basketball folks...etc. 

Its no different than any other company releasing samples. Even the Mt. Carmel pair I bought came in a standard box. I care about the shoes, screw the box. Yes I did score my Wow5 ASG off WayofWade site but still its nothing to be that pressed over. 

Just be happy you got the shoes. Next time if anything ask here or ask them if you get the real box etc because as they stated and what I have always known is unless it states that you are getting the OG items,..then you are not. 

Wear the shoes, be happy or return them and buy a even more above retial price off ebay somewhere. 

Just keeping it real.

Man its a lot of crying and moaning in here. But lets be basic... team wow has been doing this same thing for years. If you bought a pair from them you would know this. Its obvious they have the ability to get pairs that were never set to release to the public...hence the pairs that were going to friends or family or basketball folks...etc. 

Its no different than any other company releasing samples. Even the Mt. Carmel pair I bought came in a standard box. I care about the shoes, screw the box. Yes I did score my Wow5 ASG off WayofWade site but still its nothing to be that pressed over. 

Just be happy you got the shoes. Next time if anything ask here or ask them if you get the real box etc because as they stated and what I have always known is unless it states that you are getting the OG items,..then you are not. 

Wear the shoes, be happy or return them and buy a even more above retial price off ebay somewhere. 

Just keeping it real.

This is anything BUT keeping it real. This is saying it's okay to elude to your customers new(me) and old that you will be selling retail pairs at a resale price. Except you're selling a pair in a random grey box, missing the dust bag, nice retail box, etc.. T3am WOW knew exactly what they were doing. They knew no one would pay $265 shipped when retail pairs were selling at $300 shipped on ebay. I'm not happy at all with the BS they sent me. I'll be getting my refund and if need be filing a chargeback(if paypal doesn't handle it correctly). I would NEVER EVER EVER pull a bait and switch with any of my customers. All they had to do was state non-OG box, no accessories, and not truly deadstock. I would've skipped and not have to come out another $275 for a local pair today. Instead I have to deal with their deception and waste more of my time. So please, if you're going to "keep it real", give some good advice....

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom