Li-Ning Thread

No they are not no where near direct competitors lol that has to be the most insane statement I've heard in a while. Jordan brand sold 2 billion last year. Kobe 35 million and Lebrun 50. If those two brands are that far behind Jordan. I don't even know how you can even say they are competitors. And a marketing strategy is judged by how much money they make so in that case Jordan brand is almost 10,000 times more successful than li ning literally. And I'm not in the habit of comparing a 40 year old brand to a new one this is just a response to you calling them direct competitors and comparing marketing strategies. Jordan brand accounts for 85 percent of all basketball products sold in the world. Would it be a better marketing strategy for them to increase quality and release in lower numbers? Or continue releasing 500,000 plus pairs a week that sellout relatively quickly and every so often bring hype back up with a new doernbecher, theme, or collab?

It's like saying coke and some unknown drink are not direct competitors. Size does not matter in the context that I'm talking about. What matters is that they both make basketball shoes. People only have so much to spend on. In THAT sense yes, they are direct competitors. You're purely looking at it from size. That's irrelevant.

To be clearer, I'm saying they compete for the same customers, not who's bigger.

Last edited:
N
It's like saying coke and some unknown drink are not direct competitors. Size does not matter in the context that I'm talking about. What matters is that they both make basketball shoes. People only have so much to spend on. In THAT sense yes, they are direct competitors. You're purely looking at it from size. That's irrelevant.
. No actually I'm looking at it from the same point of view you are. Li Ning and Jordan brand aren't direct competitors. Jordan, kd, Kobe etc are because you can walk into any major shoe retailer that sells basketball shoes and pick which one you want, but linings are only known by people who care to do the research and are most likely deep into sneakers or big time wade fans. As of now, Jordan's, lebrons, kds, and Kobe's are all on the general market and can be purchased by any random person at any time. Linings on the other hand are sold in a limited market in one region of the world.

Last edited:
N
. No actually I'm looking at it from the same point of view you are. Li Ning and Jordan brand aren't direct competitors. Jordan, kd, Kobe etc are because you can walk into any major shoe retailer that sells basketball shoes and pick which one you want, but linings are only known by people who care to do the research and are most likely deep into sneakers or big time wade fans. As of now, Jordan's, lebrons, kds, and Kobe's are all on the general market and can be purchased by any random person at any time. Linings on the other hand are sold in a limited market in one region of the world.

From availability i guess you're correct, although i think they're still targeting the same consumers. We digressed quite a bit. I just can't get over the difference in quality.

Reminds me of the beach boardwalk or a carnival.  Laces remind me of lemonade, and the upper of blue/pink remind me of cotton candy.  Need to see more pics first before

judging.  

In other news, my newest WoW pickup should be here next week.  Looking forward to it!
What do you have coming in?

Stop comparing these to jays honestly. Quality is always better when the products are less available. If they can release 500,000 pairs weekly for the next 10 years like Jordan brand has done since 2000 and still keep up the quality, then we can compare but as of now be happy with the quality and stop comparing. That's like comparing the quality of mcdonalds meat to your local burger joint. With that being said these wades are some very impressive sneakers

Terrible example. Cuz at McDonald's you're paying a cheap price and getting a cheap product. At your local burger joint you pay more and get quality product with better taste, more meat, and customer service.

Nike/JB you pay more and get less. Lower quality materials, more factory defects, often less comfort. And in most cases li-ning you pay less and get top notch.

Now if li-ning was selling at twice the price of Jordan's then I could understand your logic... but it's not there.

And yes, they are competition. Maybe not a big hitter but I'll tell you now, I will buy another li-ning shoe before I buy another Jordan. And believe it out not at the end of the day that is money out of Jordan's account. I'm advertising someone else's brand

Terrible example. Cuz at McDonald's you're paying a cheap price and getting a cheap product. At your local burger joint you pay more and get quality product with better taste, more meat, and customer service.

Nike/JB you pay more and get less. Lower quality materials, more factory defects, often less comfort. And in most cases li-ning you pay less and get top notch.

Now if li-ning was selling at twice the price of Jordan's then I could understand your logic... but it's not there.

And yes, they are competition. Maybe not a big hitter but I'll tell you now, I will buy another li-ning shoe before I buy another Jordan. And believe it out not at the end of the day that is money out of Jordan's account. I'm advertising someone else's brand
Doesn't matter how much you pay I'm talking about in terms of distribution and quality. The amount is irrelevant even tho li-Ning has been more expensive I could have sworn that it was 250 retail for all the sought after wow 2 color ways unless sunlightstationaus and the other licensed distributions charge over retail(I'm literally not sure) The reason why it is not direct competition is because mcdonalds serves people world wide not just in the local area. Jordan brand is selling shoes to retail customers all over the world not just curious sneaker heads. Li nings major distribution only lies in Asia. If you are talking about completion in terms of sneaker heads[that only make up less than 2 percent of the total shoe sales) than I can kinda see your your point even think still wouldn't call it (direct completion) when the sales are literally at a 10,000 to 1 ratio and one is at retail spots and locations all over the world, while lining is only in Asia and online... That literally is not direct competition... I see what you are saying tho, but my whole point is that comparing the two is very unfair because Jordan brand is operating on a scale about 1,000 times bigger than li Ning and releasing almost 1 billion more products a year. When mcdonalds first started it was known for its quality too. Every time Jordan brand does a limited release the quality is also top notch(bins, DBS,etc) that's just how business works I completely agree that quality on recent retrospect has been **** but every time they release shoes in equal numbers as linings the quality has been there...

Last edited:
The wow2 goes for 150 or 250 depending on model. If it was a $400 shoe I could understand the McDonald's-burger joint comparison. I understand everything you are saying, trust me. But with what Nike has for with their quality of materials I have moved further and further away. First it was air forces. I had about 60 pairs at one time... quality fell off and I stopped buying. Materials were shxt. Jordan is going down the same road. Last J I bought for myself was the tuxedo low XI. I've even sold off my full collection with only 6 pairs remaining.
Bottom line is of they continue to provide poor quality products with cheap materials and continue to increase the price, you will see more and more people refusing to buy the product. In turn more pairs in outlets, and eventually lower production numbers. It's just a matter of time. It may be 5 years, it may be 15. But it will happen.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more I'm sick of it too that's why I'm here buying li nings lol the design,materials, craftsmanship is better than nikes top product it's a shame that a lot of people are too loyal to nike basketball and Jordan to see it. Once you get that first pair of li nings in your hand there is no turning back!

Last edited:

What do you have coming in?
Hey what's up Tom!  Haven't talked to you in a while.  Any new pickups the past month or two?

I got the Christmas 2's coming in.  It's the only Limited WoW 2 CW that I have wanted so far.  

What I really want are these, but sadly they never released to the public.  The ones on the right side are 
pimp.gif

Hmmmm, it is pretty damn tempting, I might have done it if I hadn't bought a pair of team no sleeps. I do need a pair of encores though, does anyone have any idea how those play?

is there anywhere you can still find birthdays in a 9.5? i'm dying for a pair.

Last edited:
Unless SS restocks YOTHs tomorrow, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on some TNSs from hibasketballshoes.

Just got my store credit from my reviews on sunlight. Going to be picking up the overtown 1.5s for my next one. Unless I can find a 9.5 tns for a 250 or under price

Gets me upset to see you can't order limited WoW's to the US directly for retail. Keep hearing great things about the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom