Li-Ning Thread

Played in the WoW 10s this morning for some pickup for the first time in a minute… forgot how amazing that pair is. Been hooping mostly in the Bron 20s and Harden 7s and went back to these - probably won’t switch back to either of the other 2 for a minute. Truly a perfect shoe imo.

Do you have the midtops? I have the lows and debating if I should get the mids because there's more colours but they do cost more

Got the all city 11's on the way..absolutely love the sunrise colourway.
It still feels weird buying performance basketball shoes other than Nike but here we are.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if they were available in my size in the US someplace they could be returned if they don't fit. The day that Li Ning/Anta/Peak/361/Rigorer get into like FTL/FNL/Champs/Snipes/JJ etc it's gonna change the game. Once enough of these newer ballers sign deals with other companies, the market's going to have to open up.

Even now, if some shoe store opened up with access to these other brands, it would drastically change things.

I spotted three pairs at my gym the other day.. AC11, Son of Flash, and 808 2s. Li Ning is definitely on the come up. The kid in SoFs was nice AF too :pimp:

That was an interesting discussion about the Chinese brands with the previous posts.

I'm also in the same boat with wearing primarily Nike/Jordan myself. The only shoes I wear other than those two brands is Reebok, particularly the Question & Answer 1 because I'm a fan of Allen Iverson and they match his authentic throwback jerseys I have.

I recall they were sold in stores in the early 2010s. But I haven't seen them since. Perhaps it was a struggle trying to sell them to Americans.

I recall there was a Peak store that opened up in Fox Hills Mall before Christmas in 2011. It closed down sometime during the last decade after it moved to a different location. I heard they had an existing store at the mall in Arcadia before they opened the one in Fox Hills Mall. It made sense with that location because of the Asian clientele that frequent it.

I remember Champs carried Li-Ning in 2011. I can't remember when they stopped carrying it after that period. Baron Davis actually did a signing at a Champs store to promote his shoes with the brand that year.

I wonder if American-based stores would carry Chinese brands again if more American players sign with them.

That was an interesting discussion about the Chinese brands with the previous posts.

I'm also in the same boat with wearing primarily Nike/Jordan myself. The only shoes I wear other than those two brands is Reebok, particularly the Question & Answer 1 because I'm a fan of Allen Iverson and they match his authentic throwback jerseys I have.

I recall they were sold in stores in the early 2010s. But I haven't seen them since. Perhaps it was a struggle trying to sell them to Americans.

I recall there was a Peak store that opened up in Fox Hills Mall before Christmas in 2011. It closed down sometime during the last decade after it moved to a different location. I heard they had an existing store at the mall in Arcadia before they opened the one in Fox Hills Mall. It made sense with that location because of the Asian clientele that frequent it.

I remember Champs carried Li-Ning in 2011. I can't remember when they stopped carrying it after that period. Baron Davis actually did a signing at a Champs store to promote his shoes with the brand that year.

I wonder if American-based stores would carry Chinese brands again if more American players sign with them.

it has more to do with the American expansion of these Chinese brands not going as expected, hence them pulling back and realizing they should just focus more on the domestic Chinese market since that is where they'll get the sales from. sucks since those brands have been doing well as of recently, but truth of the matter is that the American consumers are gonna roll with the bigger brands (Nike, adi, etc)

it has more to do with the American expansion of these Chinese brands not going as expected, hence them pulling back and realizing they should just focus more on the domestic Chinese market since that is where they'll get the sales from. sucks since those brands have been doing well as of recently, but truth of the matter is that the American consumers are gonna roll with the bigger brands (Nike, adi, etc)

It made sense for them to pull out of the American market because it wasn't selling good for them. Perhaps they can re-enter the American marketplace if they can lure a few marquee names to sign with them in the future. But that's going to be a challenge because their financial resources are clearly lower than those bigger, more established brands. That's why they've been relegated to signing less popular NBA players for so long.

I definitely biased with Nike & Jordan Brand myself as an American consumer.

Got the all city 11's on the way..absolutely love the sunrise colourway.
It still feels weird buying performance basketball shoes other than Nike but here we are.
nike been on the bs lately so id been looking elsewhere 2

Back
Top Bottom