Lil' Romeo to USC Official

is he actually good enough to play at USC?
laugh.gif

Actor/rapper Lil' Romeo is headed for Southern California to play basketball.
The teenage hip-hop performer and DeMar DeRozan, another local standout, signed national letters of intent to attend USC on Monday at a news conference held at a posh hotel near Beverly Hills.

USC confirmed the signings, and announced that Donte Smith, a 5-foot-11 guard who averaged 21.7 points at Mt. San Antonio College last season, had also signed.

Lil' Romeo, whose full name is Percy Romeo Miller, is currently a senior guard at Beverly Hills High who averaged 13.9 points and 5.6 assists last season. His father, hip-hop mogul Master P, had tryouts with two NBA teams in the 1990s.

"This is the most important thing I've had to do and hopefully it sends a message to kids across the country that education is more important than money," Miller said at the news conference. "Getting a college scholarship is more important than winning an American Music Award, and I plan to be the best student-athlete I can be at USC."

One recruiting service ranks Miller, a 6-0, 170-pounder, among the top 15 prep point guards in the country.

One recruiting service ranks Miller, a 6-0, 170-pounder, among the top 15 prep point guards in the country.
What recruiting service was this?!
laugh.gif

I seen homie ball in AAU and he was getting creamed out there.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

laugh.gif
it don't matter, he called Tim Floyd and told him he was coming.

but does Lil' Romeo need a scholarship? why don't he just walk on and let them use a scholarship for someone who actually needs it?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

laugh.gif
it don't matter, he called Tim Floyd and told him he was coming.

but does Lil' Romeo need a scholarship? why don't he just walk on and let them use a scholarship for someone who actually needs it?

I don't know much about his academics, but I think maybe he couldn't get into USC's film school (which is what I think was the main reasonpeople thought he would take the scholarship when this first came up).

I heard that he isn't taking the scholarship. I may heard wrong though.

He's not taking the scholarship, but his name alone will bring in revenue to the program....kid isn't the best ball player in the world, but he is wellknown....

i made a thread a couple months back about some of his teammates at BHHS who called him out....

why people baggin on the kid...i saw the ABCD all star game and he definitely held his own...he isnt gonna wow anyone but hes good enuff to at least be apreffered walk on.

^^^^ What do you mean called him out?

it's a bit of jealousy, but here it is....

At 5-foot-10 and 160 pounds, he is undersized even for a point guard, but he can shoot well, has the quickness to get to the basket and a good instinct about where to pass the ball.
Master P attends most games, bringing his entourage in true rapper style.
Sejin Park, who starts at shooting guard for Beverly Hills, said he thought the audience led to Romeo the entertainer taking over for Percy the basketball player too much at times.
"Being in front of his dad and his posse, if you will, seemed to add to him playing a little more selfishly," Park said. "Sometimes, it would be better if he passed the ball a little more. Other times, he'll try to do a little extra going to the basket when two points is two points. I think he needs to get that out of his system and focus on the game instead of what the crowd is telling him."
Turcious said that, in all fairness, Romeo needed to shoot more last season on a mediocre team that finished with a 14-13 record. He's hoping that, next season, Romeo will become more of a facilitator on what is expected to be an improved offense.
Romeo's commitment to USC came as a bit of a surprise. He wasn't considered one of the top-tier talents, like his best friend Demar DeRozan, a Compton High shooting guard who gave his commitment to USC on the same day.
Romeo was being recruited more on the mid-major level.
"A lot of my friends doubt he can be a Pac-10 player," Park said. "He can't really take over a game and doesn't have Division-I level skills yet. But he looks better every time he comes to play. As of right now, I don't see him prospering at the next level."

He is in continuation so it isn't his grades. He isn't even the best player on Beverly Hills High School if that helps you guys out. I heard it was apackage deal with his friend him riding the coattails.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

13.9 points and 5.6 assists

I don't know much at all about HS basketball but that's good enough to go to USC? Let alone be ranked as a top 15 point guard?

Well it depends...the 5.6 assists is kinda low i think for a top 15 point guard..but i as far as stats go...If you go to a hs that has maybe 3 or 4 d1/d2recruits on it then you don't have to put up huge numbers...Especially if you play well in summer leagues... I only averaged like 11..12..& 4...but Igot d1 looks cuz I i got lots of exposure during the summer...and I had 3 other d1 players on my squad

^ Master P owns hooperonly.com This whole thing is a joke he is a scrub with a friend who can play ball. I wish I had a friend who was that good and wanted tobring me along.

13.9 points and 5.6 assists DAMN
ohwell.gif

My Homie Stephon Carter Who goes to Garces out here in bakersfield averages like 22.4 ppg 3.9 apg 8.6 rpg 3.4 spg
come on
tired.gif

how romeo gonna go to usc with those numbers
Edit: also that was when he was a sophomore He's a junior this year and hes going to tear it up
All area twice all state once two mvp awards
Homie is beastin

Back
Top Bottom