^
laugh.gif
, word. Lyricaljkilla, you got atleast 30 posts in this thread my dude
smh.gif
laugh.gif

and they all hate responses
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I mighta OD'd a lil but some people were sayying some outlandish things......dudes giving it the classic nod and all...

but word. i'm pretty much done posting in here...i'll check back in 2 weeks...and if y'all can seriously be
pimp.gif
over it then....i'll respect your opinion for what it is..

and yoo crank c'mon son...how you gonna gimme that emoticon??
embarassed.gif
somebody really said classic tho?
laugh.gif

dude who said personal classic dont count i understand what hes tryna say...

yeah dudes is wylin out. like i can understand if a dude is like 'yo on this track...wayne wasnt sayin shhh but damn boy was flowing and the beat was hot'

but we got some philosophical wayne fans in here saying 'well the reason for this track's lack of substance was cuz wayne was tryna take it in a direction he's never ventured off to before...'

like really my dude? REALLY?
eyes.gif
well kanye took graduation in a diff direction(yes i know to make stadium music...i went to GITD and it def worked)...and as a result his lyricalcontent/delivery took a hit
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

^
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
I mighta OD'd a lil but some people were sayying some outlandish things......dudes giving it the classic nod and all...

but word. i'm pretty much done posting in here...i'll check back in 2 weeks...and if y'all can seriously be
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

yeah dudes is wylin out. like i can understand if a dude is like 'yo on this track...wayne wasnt sayin shhh but damn boy was flowing and the beat was hot'

but we got some philosophical wayne fans in here saying 'well the reason for this track's lack of substance was cuz wayne was tryna take it in a direction he's never ventured off to before...'

eyes.gif
well kanye took graduation in a diff direction(yes i know to make stadium music...i went to GITD and it def worked)...and as a result his lyrical content/delivery took a hit
grin.gif

and this i'd def concur with to the fullest.
but can someone justify the 'new direction' wayne took with this album??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

people in here are funny to me ...

first off, what is lil waynes job? its to sell records ... people keep overlooking the fact that the only people buying cds today are white kids with too much
money and SOME loyal fans ... if wayne came straight gutter on every track he wouldnt sell anything ... this is not the 90s and if you cant get what im saying
just look at it like this, weve had a 20 page discussion 10 DAYS BEFORE THE CD EVEN COMES OUT ... ... ... ... everyone criticizing wayne for a few sing songy
tracks where he doesnt make sense, but guess what, he has a song with bobby valentino and guess what, girls gonna be doing that weee a weee a weeeee %$%* all
day ... the game is no longer you gotta come hard on album after album just to sell records, you have to make songs that sell records ...

look at the real tracklist ... the one with the 2 cds ... youre telling me you cant put 12 songs together that will murder any cd put out in recent memory?
%$%* take love me or hate me, im me, and gossip and throw them on the "real" cd and replace three of what any of you thinks are "bad" songs
... its instantly 4/5 AT LEAST ... and i know wayne will never be as good as lupe fiasco and jayz and kanye because this is NT but stop acting like this cd
sucks balls when it really doesnt ...

there no 2 ways you can slice it ... graduation had 13 tracks, american gangster 14 excluding the intro ... if you go to the store and buy C3 i refuse to
believe you wont get the same amount of quality music from it as you did those other two ... if you dont like having fun and you are never around females who
like to listen to lollipop type songs, you can just skip them, its as simple as that

you lost me with the 2CD tracklist thing...
eyes.gif

^
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
well kanye took graduation in a diff direction(yes i know to make stadium music...i went to GITD and it def worked)...and as a result his lyrical content/delivery took a hit
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i dunno i didnt have a follow up point
roll.gif
-listens to the carter III forreal this time-

^
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i dunno i didnt have a follow up point
roll.gif
-listens to the carter III for real this time-

*insert popcorn .gif here*

this should be good.
laugh.gif

not the biggest Wayne fan by any measure, I mean even after this album, he still cant really make a hit by himself, all the best songs on the LP got someoneelse on them. I mean this is the way rap is headed, this is where its at really and I mean hate it or love it people, its here to stay for a while, just try toenjoy it.

album had no damn direction.....just tracks thrown together ....Carter I > II > III

he's going to do numbers though with all the hype....

wayne aint been the same since the Pre Dedication II days

if you put the wayne from a year or 2 ago on these beats then it would've been soo much better
smokin.gif

since it was already on devins album ... which leads me to my next point ... that devin album > american gangster

Originally Posted by HotSpitta26

album had no damn direction.....just tracks thrown together ....Carter I > II > III

he's going to do numbers though with all the hype....

wayne aint been the same since the Pre Dedication II days

if you put the wayne from a year or 2 ago on these beats then it would've been soo much better
smokin.gif
I agree 100%. I use to enjoy this man's music back when, but listen to this. Terrible. The best tracks did have features on it like gambit said(Mr. Carter & Tie My Hands). When I first heard Phone Home, I just looked around in awe wondering if someone was joking with me because it was terrible. Ihonestly feel that that track was an abomination to music in general. I wanna hear this man wayne spit like he did on Tie My Hands. It has substance. I likedC1, didn't think C2 was great but not bad, but this is not a good album by any means. At this point I give up on wayne.

I liked C1, didn't think C2 was great but not bad, but this is not a good album by any means.
This is what I have a problem with.

I can respect people's opinions if they DON'T like the cd/Wayne. I can dig that. Different strokes.

What I don't get is, people who LIKE the other two Carters, but, trashing this album.

Again, for those clinging onto either of the two previous Carters, but think C3 is 'not a good album by any means', go ahead and choose 5 of yourfavorite tracks from EITHER C1 and C2.

Then stack it up against:

Mr. Carter
Dr. Carter
Tie My Hands
Let The Beat Build
Shoot Me Down or 3 Peat

See what you get.

Which again, leads me to belive that C3 is not that far off compared to C1 or C2 like some are making it out to be. Since, if you stack 'em up, it'seither a close call or the C3 tracks win. It can't be a trash album if that's the case. Too many bangers on one cd prevents it from being'trash.' (Though, it doesn't make it a 'classic,' either.)

Which again again leads me to believe that if you like the past two Carters, there's no way you can hate this album.

..unless your're just tuning out Wayne nowadays/grown out of him. Which is understandable. But then you have to call it what it is. Wayne had no chancewith you going in with C3 to begin with. He already lost.

But if you still eff with Wayne on some level, however small it may be, C3 might not be your preference out of the three Carter's, but definitely not trashlike some are saying.

It doesn't add up to me.

now its gettin to the point where if mrs. officer and this la la wasnt on the cd it would be 10 times better ... but you cant get on dude for putting on trackslike these to try and touch a different demographic ... and even on mrs. officer he has a direction, i dont even think its that bad the hook is catchy as a mug... la la is the worst song imo

Then stack it up against:

Mr. Carter
Dr. Carter
Tie My Hands
Let The Beat Build
Shoot Me Down or 3 Peat

See what you get.
Sure...

Go DJ
BM Jr.
Cash Money Millionaires
The Heat
I Miss My Dawgs

Tha Mobb
Money On My Mind
Best Rapper Alive
Hustler Musik
Shooter

His whole delivery and direction %*$#% all over what he did on C3...only a deaf man couldn't hear that.

^^ you're buggin. both of those songs are fire. matter of fact, La La might be his best verse on the album. wordplay is ridic and Busta killed it as well.

i had serious doubts about this album but as of now, it's easily his best album to me. i agree that it doesn't have much direction, but it's Weezy.dude is ADHD as all hell. it's just him spittin' his #*% off over hot beats, with some good hooks and a concept track thrown in and some club bangers.i wasn't expecting some Long Hot Summer *%#@ from him, unfolding a story throughout an album. Wayne is a beast at what he does. y'all gotta take himfor what he is. easily the best album i've heard so far this year, although i know i'm outta the loop.

i'm not about to dig through 24 pages, so i'm sure i'm repeating something someone has already said, but PLEASE tell me i'm not the only one who noticed that Jay completely jacked Weezy's flow on Mr. Carter?? my boy was arguingto high hell with me that i was buggin' but i think it's clear as day.

and is that Mike Jones saying "PHONE HOME!" cause that *%#@ sounds exactly like "MIKE JONES!"

honestly blazinj i just didnt wanna sound like a rider but i feel the exact same way lol ... i just had to pick two songs that i thought were worse than hisothers ... just realized what you said, and its exactly what i thought when i heard it ... sounded like the "great" trying to sound like something hewasnt

Back
Top Bottom