Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Cause N- think you can still rap like you in 1995 and make money

These rappers are trying to make money, just like every other profession...
If you listen to an album you have to take the good with the bad nowadays

Like honestly, yall are not gettin another pac, nas, jay , B I G etc... So go listen to some techno, since yall hyped that 'Stronger' disaster
laugh.gif

I wonder if anyone was even paying attention to what he was talking about on Shoot Me Down, because that is easily one of his most impressive songs on thealbum content wise.

Vancity, I can't believe you just asked me do I know what flow is
smh.gif
laugh.gif
, I'm a rapper my damn self b, I def kno what flow is. The thing that makesflow so dope is that it can be flipped an infinite amount of ways, just because he doesn't have the standard, repetitive flow as some rappers meansnothing. I'm sorry, to say Wayne doesn't have "flow" is just basically ******ed.

Wayne traded his lyrics, content, and clever wordplay for comical punchlines. He doesn't even make sense any more. Every verse is a mixtape verse. THIS ISAN ALBUM I'm gonna need to stick to the topic of the song........if the song even has one to begin with. Entertaining but that's it. Dr. Carter is theonly song I'm feeling. Sadly he's in the prime of his career financially and being a household name but lyrically he's fell off.....HARD. I'venever seen someone fall off and people like them more!?!

Yo, I'm not checkin' for Wayne at all but I been readin' this thread....did this N' really say this on one of the tracks...?

wasn't gonna really talk about Wayne's lyrics, but one has been sticking out to me
mad.gif
"I'ma do it again like n__ga backwards.."

Someone tell me he didn't, please.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

how is the concept on Dr. Carter clever? maaad corny.

How is it corny is the better question? It's creative at the least...a common concept but I haven't heard it before, at least the way he didit.
Overall I don't like the mainstream directed tracks...but everything else is heat. He may have some
eyes.gif
and
smh.gif
lines, but the beats are good, and at least he got some concepts jointsin.....

This dude must have set the record for how many different ways and songs you can have about "gettin' money" though...its pathetic and catchy atthe same time....
laugh.gif

I'ma be bumping this all summer though...I already smoked to it and it sounded damn good then....this might be a personal classic for me.

So Dissapointed
tired.gif

How did wayne come like that on "you aint got nothin" when fab AND

Juelz bodied it. Over here talking bout "like diddy take that"

all the high school kids will think this will be the greatest album of all time. i had a girl tell me that lil wayne was better than biggie and pac. PUTTOGETHER.

Originally Posted by 40JaysAnd40Flights

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by Vancity74

It's been said numerous times but Fab
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I agree but this is a recycled fab track from years ago. Same beat, same verse.

Yeah it's from a track called Gangsta Walk with Cassidy. Fab didn't even lace Wayne with a new verse.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
And tell me how Wayne gets outshined by Young Splashy Splash on that same track.
laugh.gif

As far as the album goes I'm only feelin 6 tracks.

Mr. Carter(Mostly due to Jay)
Dr. Carter
Comfortable
Tie My Hands
Nothing On Me
Misunderstood(Minus the speech at the end)

Everything else is trash.

shoot me down is not trash

Mr. Carter(Mostly due to Jay)
*Puts on flamesuit

Wayne held his own against Jay on this track. I'd even say he came a little harder on it. That's not too say Jay didn't come correct though. Hedid. But, Jay didn't murder Wayne on his own $!%$. It's a strong track because the production was good, and both held their own. ....unlike HelloBrooklyn. Now THAT was trash.

As for Dr. Carter, to whoever on the previous page says that Wayne doesn't have flow, have you really listened to Dr. Carter? He FLOWED and went IN onthat track, lyrically. Dr. Carter is like Wayne's 'One Mic.'

To whoever said it was corny, again, I think one really has to listen to it to appreciate it. Out of the 3 Carter albums, Dr. Carter has to be a top 3 track,IMO.

Speaking of which, for the album, collectively and objectively, you take the 5-6 strongest tracks off the Carter 3 and stack up against the 5-6 strongesttracks off the Carter 1 AND 2, and it's close, man. The Carter 3 tracks might even have the slight edge.

The reason I say this, no matter what Carter album you like, or how you rank them, the Carter 3 isn't THAT far behind. It just can't be. It's notlike Wayne dropped two classics, and then flopped with this.

The way I see it, you can't put Wayne in a box and expect him to rap the same way for 3 straight Carter albums. No rapper stays the same through thetimes. Nor singer for that matter. Word to Usher. They tinker around, evolve, mature, digress, whatever.

Yet here we are with Wayne, expecting the worst of the worst leading up to the album because of everything that's leaked, the drugs, the voice thing,Lollipop, etc, he actually steps outside the box with these tracks and comes with some bangers. Bangers we didn't think he had it in him.

So, props for Wayne for that.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I wonder how many times this joint will get downloaded by album's release.

Hopefully too much. Dudes shouldn't waste their money on this garbage. Dude said it best. An ALBUM with MIXTAPE verses.
laugh.gif

Dr. Carter is Waynes "One Mic"

Thats where you lost me Franchise...
laugh.gif

And I dont even like Nasir

Originally Posted by PAsSback

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not comparing the tracks.

I meant, Dr. Carter is Wayne's version of One Mic, ie, trying to step out the box, doing something different. Rapping with substance.

laugh.gif

I know right. I ain't even got the right stoneface to give these dudes with these RIDICULOUS statements. Seriously y'all...think before you typefrom now on....

EDIT: Saw franchise's reply...I guess I see where you're coming from...but c'mon my dude....even then....none of these Wayne joints is holding acandle to as something as dope as One Mic.

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not comparing the tracks.

I meant, Dr. Carter is Wayne's version of One Mic, ie, trying to step out the box, doing something different. Rapping with substance.

Not knocking your opinion because it's yours.

But I don't think Dr. Carter had that much substance, the same way I didn't think Nas' rewind had much substance.

It's a creative track, but at the end of the day they aren't really saying too much impressive. It's more a display of lyrical creativity thanlyrical substance. Wayne has had many other tracks that I'd say had more substance than Dr. Carter. It's a cool track though, for what it'sworth.

Back
Top Bottom