pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HotSpitta26

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Let the Beat Build
eek.gif
eek.gif

wow

C1 >>>>>> C2 and its not close

you can tell half the people on here started listenin to wayne when C2 came out cause C1 is way better...you would have to be a fool to disagree
Word, Weezy was way better when he was on that street *!# and not this best rapper alive *!#.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Why on Itunes is misunderstood called Dontgetit and why is it 10 mins long?

it's the same song, he talks for a while at the end.

Some of the reviews on iTunes are hilarious one of them said:

This is the best CD to come out in most of y'alls lifetimes.

HAHAHHAHAHAH.

Has anyone, ANYONE felt like this album should have been a MIXTAPE?
roll.gif
. Maybe Wayne should stick to mixtapes, that what most people are jammin to....

..favorite tracks.. let the beat build misunderstoood a millie ..random thoughts -phone home is dope in terms of the beat and the verses... but the corny introand the hook is unbearable -I cnt stand shoot me down or playin with fire.. shoot me down sounds too eminem-*!+..maybe they'll grown on me -la la wouldabeen classic with just wayne.. busta is terrible..imo -a mille slaps too hard!! -tie my hands is deep .. good shht - dr carter is good..but over rated..alittle corny imo solid album..not classic.. but its getting sum major spins rite now overall solid album..

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

yea for the most part I'll take a combo of what I heard + what his peers in the industry say over what yall dudes is saying. i feel like this board has a lot of regional hate anyway. I dont think the consensus amongst his peers coincides with what the extremists say on either end, but I'd say the majority of the industry recognizes the dude got a lot of skill and talent, so they take it for what it is. he obviously aint lyrically great, but he's by far not trash. and where his lyrics fall off, he more than compensates for it with a lot of other aspects of rapping (flow, delivery, charisma, wit, etc etc). Plain and simple he's probably the most talented young dude when it comes to being a complete rap artist. Only person in the game I feel has a higher ceiling than him is Lupe. Thing is Wayne does his own thing, and if it aint what you traditionally like it's gonna get $$$# on. I feel like I've heard a different Wayne from C1-C3 each time which is expected considering his age, but every time he drops a CD he delivers.

It's kinda like I dont care howmany times someone says a person is better than Kobe or says that Kobe is not good. His peers call him the best player in the League, so that combined with what I'm watching day in/day out kills what most of yall regionally biased dudes are sayin.

and for the record and for the record C1>C3>C2, and no this CD doesn't hold a torch overall to GRODT, but Wayne is 10 x 100^938339 times better than 50

C 2.5 > C3

after listenin to this for a week my favs are
mr carter, tie my hands, let the beat build, shoot me down, playing with fire, missunderstood

Originally Posted by 23dude

C2>C3

DAMN! where the Lil Wayne from C2 or even C1!?

ohwell.gif

I understand where you coming from. I wish we would of got the C2 Wayne. When He was still hungry and ambitious
grin.gif

Picked up the album today, gave it 2 spins. An I gotta say I'm not disappointed at all. Every song gets played instead of that stupid +%! La La joint, Ican't stand it. The album is not classic, but its very good.

Props to my son Wayne on an excellent album.

classic wayne I mean he is off the wall on his mixtapes and on his albums i think he sits down smokes one blunt and a half a cup of syrup instead of a half and20 ounces of syrup and gets to work on a another classic. ANd as for the debate the Carter I is where wayne caught is swagger the carter II is where waynemurder all thoughts that southern rappers cant make classics, and the carter III three he made grown man lay back and relax kick it music. PEACE and inmilwaukee there were 50 people in line at best buy to buy the carter 3 before it even opened last time I remember that is when the marshall mathers LP cameout.

dude juss isnt fresh anymore

it used to be everytime wayne was on a song, it juss sounded so distinct. now that i see him and hear him everywhere, this album sounds so average.

Target and Circuit City sold out over here in OKC. And I was amazed at how people of all types (race, gender, age) of people were eagerly seeking the racks forthe Carter III in Best Buy. Hate Wayne or Love him, this man is an icon.

ON SOME REAL %*%% I BEEN A WAYNE FAN SINCE RUN FOR IT OFF OF 400 DEGREEZ. I ROCKED WITH HIM DURING HIS 500 DEGREEZ AND SQAD UP DAYS, WAITED PATIENTLY FOR THECARTER I WHEN IT GOT PUSHED BACK AND THE WHOLE TRACKLIST CHANGED.........LISTENED TO HIM MURDER MIXTAPES LIKE DA DROUGHT 1-3 DEDICATION 1 AND 2 AND THE SUFFIXAND I MUST SAY I AM SURPRISED I EXPECTED TO ONLY LIKE GOSSIP AND IM ME WHICH IS THE ONLY REASON I WAS GONNA BUY IT ANSD ALSO TO GIVE HIM MY MONEY BUT THIS BYFAR EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS IT COULDA BEEN BETTER BUT I ENJOYED IT.......

Back
Top Bottom