jay aint built to make beef records though,,,,
what planets are you dudes from son?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

what planets are you dudes from son?
laugh.gif
Aside from Takeover, Hov's never made a great diss. And that's coming from a big Jay fan.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by KiLLaBapi

Jay is going to keep throwing subs like always

Basically. 
Dudes in here overrate Jay's ability to make disses to the utmost. 

This.

The subliminal's are lame. But Jay gets a pass and people make excuses like "Jay doesn't need to respond he is already winning" or "Jay already won" referring to the Welcome to the Jungle line.

People just don't want to see another Ether happen to the King.

And Jay is in my top 5. I'm not saying that he wouldn't come with something nice and beat Wayne, but I would at least like to see him come with something.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

This.

The subliminal's are lame. But Jay gets a pass and people make excuses like "Jay doesn't need to respond he is already winning" or "Jay already won" referring to the Welcome to the Jungle line.

And Jay is in my top 5. I'm not saying that he wouldn't come with something nice and beat Wayne, but I would at least like to see him come with something.

But what is the possibility that Lil' Wayne could actually sit down and come up with something that has the same impact or even close to it like Ether did? I mean, we're talking
about Lil' Wayne here, a guy whose metaphors/similies revolve around "Jumpin in this ^@%> like a poo poo in a potty"  and "I got ten bathrooms I can ^#%> all day", and
having every...punchline...end...like this.

Jay is going to keep throwing subs like always

Basically. 

This.

What did Ether ACTUALLY do to Jay, other than the whimper on Hot 97? The man went on to sell more records, be popular with fans and gain praise from critics for his albums even during the beef.

Jay will say his piece then go back to making music. The man's been through the ranks, and to some fans Wayne's "corniness" speaks for itself.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

This.

But what is the possibility that Lil' Wayne could actually sit down and come up with something that has the same impact or even close to it like Ether did? I mean, we're talking
about Lil' Wayne here, a guy whose metaphors/similies revolve around "Jumpin in this ^@%> like a poo poo in a potty"  and "I got ten bathrooms I can ^#%> all day", and
having every...punchline...end...like this.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

What did Ether ACTUALLY do to Jay, other than the whimper on Hot 97? The man went on to sell more records, be popular with fans and gain praise from critics for his albums even during the beef.

Jay will say his piece then go back to making music. The man's been through the ranks, and to some fans Wayne's "corniness" speaks for itself.
It benefitted the both of them. It did exactly what you said for Jay, and it was a resurgence for Nas. People had him left for dead in 99/2000. Who else made Jay directly
pay attention to them instead of just a bar or two, or more subliminals?

Basically. 

This.

jay-z was never made vulnerable before ether, and had Nas kept riding on him like 50 did to ja-rule, hova wouldn't be doing da things he doing now thats for sure.

instead of finishing him off, Nas took his foot off jay-z's neck and went back to his cave..godson was da only album he ever dropped a year right after another

solo album, other then that he's always taken 2 years each go around.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Ninja Cracks me up man lolol
prove that im wrong though...blueprint 2 was jay-z basically PLEADIN his case that Nas ain't do permanent damage to him....it was sad
laugh.gif

if it wasn't for that retirement bit people would've still been lookin at him like da "ether victim"

2001 was quiet for da roc, to this day when you go to a Nas show people chant "ether ether ether ether!"

I don't get why Wayne was so offended in the first place. "Half a billie...you got Baby money." I mean it's true. It's not like he said f** YM or anything. 500 mil isnt anything to be ashamed of, Jay was just saying he's rich as hell.

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

I don't get why Wayne was so offended in the first place. "Half a billie...you got Baby money." I mean it's true. It's not like he said f** YM or anything. 500 mil isnt anything to be ashamed of, Jay was just saying he's rich as hell.
Well, if the rest of that line is still referring to baby, Jay basically calls him a liar. Subliminally of course. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

prove that im wrong though...blueprint 2 was jay-z basically PLEADIN his case that Nas ain't do permanent damage to him....it was sad
laugh.gif

if it wasn't for that retirement bit people would've still been lookin at him like da "ether victim"

2001 was quiet for da roc, to this day when you go to a Nas show people chant "ether ether ether ether!"
true that, wish he would of done it too

laugh.gif

2001 wasnt that quiet man...one of the best albums ever dropped sept 11...
the blueprint    

smokin.gif

14 pages of what? This is akin to a versus thread of players in two different eras in S&T.

It's not going to ever happen.

EDIT

roll.gif
Oh I see it's a Nas vs. Jay thread now. Figures the same stans won't accept the L when Jay already did. Now it's not about the fact that he took the L but what were consequences of it.

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

Pretty sure he's implying that he's the one with half a billion. As in...
I have half a Billi, you have Baby money (whatever that may be)

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

he'll throw subliminals and "go over peoples heads".

grin.gif
TakeOver?....

that was 10 years ago 
grin.gif

i just don't think jay can REALLY go in nd talk real gr33zy/grimey on the track, cuz his image is too big for that now.  

This.

jay-z was never made vulnerable before ether, and had Nas kept riding on him like 50 did to ja-rule, hova wouldn't be doing da things he doing now thats for sure.

instead of finishing him off, Nas took his foot off jay-z's neck and went back to his cave..godson was da only album he ever dropped a year right after another

solo album, other then that he's always taken 2 years each go around.

So the invincible, all-powerful Ether, the record that was supposed to take out Jay once and for all and catapult Nas to Jay's spot at the top...required MORE disses to do the job? Thanks for proving my point
laugh.gif
Usually when dudes get dissed the way they Nas and Jay did, which the circumstantial events that go along with it (and then continue to diss the other rapper afterwards, quit acting like Nas wasn't taking a BUNCH of indirect/direct shots at Jay on Stillmatic and God's Son) it messes up their careers. It got personal between the two.It speaks to the appeal and staying power of BOTH rappers that they got into that kind of feud, yet remain relevant and credible to their respective fanbases. It also shows how much hip-hop fans in general overrate the actual aftermath of some diss records - some Nas fans like to gloat about Ether, but Jay's sound was fresh during that time and appealed to the mainstream. Ether wasn't affecting that.

That's ALSO a key reason why 50 rose to popularity over Ja. It wasn't simply the diss records, 50 was the new artist who brought a new sound (at the time) with him, backed by Dre beats and an affiliation with Eminem, who was more popular at the time than anyone else.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

14 pages of what? This is akin to a versus thread of players in two different eras in S&T.

It's not going to ever happen.

EDIT

roll.gif
Oh I see it's a Nas vs. Jay thread now. Figures the same stans won't accept the L when Jay already did. Now it's not about the fact that he took the L but what were consequences of it.

The only "L" I see here is how some fans continue to pit one rapper against the other as if they're still beefing. That #$% ended years ago...

Back
Top Bottom