Liquidate our collections??

You sound like me. I just keep all the ones I loved when growing up and I sold all the other ones I don't care for as much and multiples.

Went from over 100 pairs to 20

The funny thing is that money comes and goes, unfortunately if you've always been into sneakers, you will have that in you I think and eventually you will somehow regret selling those kicks you once had once you realize the money you made from selling really didn't go anywhere, because lets be serious, I doubt the majority of us have a collection strong enough to fund the purchase of a home.

With that said, I rather hold on to my collection and pass it on to my kids as some sort of heirloom or something...just my opinion...

Originally Posted by Mr K

With that said, I rather hold on to my collection and pass it on to my kids as some sort of heirloom or something...just my opinion...

As long as shoes are re-retroed there will be no inflation in value.
Your idea is like passing down a beanie baby collection

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by Mr K

As long as shoes are re-retroed there will be no inflation in value.
Your idea is like passing down a beanie baby collection

A heirloom doesn't nessesarily have to have monetary value, more of what it's worth to you personally, people pass down earrings, wedding bands, dresses, coin collections, etc etc...things that literally are worth nothing money-wise.

After selling, you won't want your collection back. I sold 90% of my collection a couple years ago. I look at kids now thinking there's a lot better reasons to spend money on than sneakers.

do it but only keep a few grails

and yes they will go back down once the jordan fad dies out
them tumblr hypebeast are to blame

I know a lot of people doing what you are and feel how you feel.

As a collector for over 12 years and as a seller, I welcome people of your nature who want to get rid of everything.

I love to buy out deadstock collections.

I just bought out a nice collection in LI Ny for 23k which had heat dating back from 04 til early this year.

As long as you feel you can make money on your investment and not expect to get top dollar on everything you can find people like myself and other who will cash you out for everything.

A lot of people miss a sneaker release and say "Im getting out the game" Or "it's time to retire" like this is a job..

If people feel that way then collecting kicks was just a fad/trend that you were in to fit in.

I'm trying to bring myself to selling most of my collection, minus like 6 or 7 pairs to help pay for a car. Hoping to get enough for a solid down payment. Sucks though, I put alot of effort into my little tiny collection
ohwell.gif

I've already done this.

Dropped most of my admittedly small (20-25) collection off at a thrift store last summer. I kept the few pairs I still wore with regularity (AJ VI Blk/Red, Air Structure, Olympic Hyperdunk, Zoom Drive), those that had sentimental value (AJ III True Blue, AJ XVI Wht/Blue, SB Tweed Hi, C2 Custom AF1), and one pair I plan to sell later (AZG First Game).

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

I'm trying to bring myself to selling most of my collection, minus like 6 or 7 pairs to help pay for a car. Hoping to get enough for a solid down payment. Sucks though, I put alot of effort into my little tiny collection
ohwell.gif

Then don't do it and stack the old fashion way. 

Back
Top Bottom