Liquidate our collections??

NT General, just like many of you, we have slowed down with our collecting as a result of any or all of the following: shoes being harder to get due to limited numbers/campers/resellers as well as decrease in quality for Jordans.

I've been collecting since 2001, sophmore year in highschool... By 2005, I thought $300 for a pair of 2000 XI Concords were one of the most expensive pairs of shoes that people can buy (as well as Supreme Dunks)

My interest in shoes slowed down around 2007/2008 with the aforementioned reasons. I thought the sneaker culture was on its way down as well, considering the terrible quality of releases (i.e. CDPs especially the XI with exception to the VI) and Dunk SBs dying (even though I knew it was always a fad, unlike OG Jordans which are timeless for obvious reasons) It was hard for me to get rid of some shoes that I no longer wanted in my collection, basically the demand wasn't there.

Fast forward to today, and I see people spending $250-$300 for any GR as the norm and spending $1000+ for Yeezys or Galaxys like its nothing. I don't know where it came from in the past few years, but I noticed in Flightclub the other day, that many of their constituents were tourists and spoiled suburban kids having their moms drop serious dough on shoes. Obviously this was very different from when FC first opened on Green St.

Now my dilemma is, if maybe I should liquidate most of my collection except for a few pairs that are special to me. As a 25 year old, with out of state college loans to pay off and plans to move on to the next step in my life by moving into an apt in NYC, a few $Gs in my pocket would come in extra handy.

Like a thread that I have read earlier in the year, I feel like this is all a bubble and its going to eventually pop. I plan on cashing in now, take advantage of these foolish, idiot, hypebeast kids for all their worth, and buy back my collection once the prices come back down. My problem is that I'm not entirely sure if the prices for Jordans will ever come back down to "normal" levels.

What do you guys think?

INB4 Did not read har har har

If you're 25 years old, and moving on to more important things in life, have loans to pay back, and frustrated with the state of the game....just liquidate everything you own and get paid. Sneakers aren't everything...

you shouldn't need an essay and other people's opinions.

do what you'd like.
I'd rather have money over sneakers.

I sold all of my sneakers last year. I only kept my favorites. (3s, Jet Flights, 2K3/4, ACG Wildwoods..) Okay, well I still have a lot of shoes. But I sold 30 that I would likely never wear more than once a year. It was a smart move.

i'm doing mine right now...selling mine at retail/below retail and had a buyer come in a bring them straight to FCLA to resell. 

I'd to it. Just keep whats special to you.

I feel like this, "everybody is a sneakerhead" fad is eventually gonna die, and the prices will fall.

@ThunderChunk69

its not that I'm asking for people's opinions on what I should do with my money. I'm 80% sure I'm liquidating... Its more of I'm asking for people's opinions on what the think the prices of these shoes will look like in the future when I want to buy my collection back

@jumpmankb

we're definitely on the same page on this one. The shoes remind me of my childhood when I watched the GOAT play, but I didn't have these shoes until I was older cuz we didn't have much money. And then the shoes remind me of those years when I wore them through good times: *yea my girl waited in line to get these XI for me* *o I wore these Ice Blue X when I went on that great trip to the Philippines* *yeaa I got massive vomit all over these Black/Red XIII after that crazy tailgate*

Lol as you can tell, I'm keeping those pairs and a few others and selling the rest..

@dyyhard
Man I didn't know you were an NTer, I always go on your website and find good deals.. I was just on it this morning too haha... (even though this is counterproductive to my liquidation, do you have any good Jordans left?)

/\ see guys, its more than just sneakers, its like an addiction.

Keep what you like the most & keep the very rare pairs you may never find again.

I'm down to 12 pairs now, and don't miss any of the ones I sold.

Sneakers should never dictate your life, but it should also be about passion. If you find yourself liquidating shoes like that, then it means you were probably a hypebeast. You can still very much enjoy it and find 'balance'. Looking back, I regret not wearing my stuff. Now, I'm about dress shirt, money, and real world probs. lolz
There were a lot of memories though, like being 1 of 17 to buy an online pair, and lucking out, and buying that last shoe in your size. The camp outs, the queue, and all were good times.

sell.

i just gave my DMP's to my buddy to sell for a G. I wear business casual M-Th and on the weekends the weather is so nice (i live by the beach) that I'm in flip flops half the time. I bought all my shoes to wear, but I get the feeling that I'm never going to get a chance to wear my DMP's so I thought its best to sell them and put the money towards my vacation plan.

I'm 25 and decided to sell a large amount of my collection.  I went through my shoe collection and anything that I forgot I had or just was not in my taste at that point I got rid of.  It was tough to let a few go but I completely forgot about it once I I was holding stacks of cash for sneakers I was able to wear and already enjoy.  

im 25 and pretty much in the same position...found myself slowing down on buying shoes & posting on General much more than JB/nike retro.

The fact that I pay $$$ amount of money on a pair for 3's or 4's(my favorite) only to see the paint crack and crumble after a few wears just kills me inside.

Yea im definitely slowed down on buying sneakers. I've sold some of the pairs i don't really like earlier this year, the ones i have right now im good with.

Get rid of them now while the market is hot. That's what I did. It's not like you can't buy the shoes back again at the rate JB is re-re-re-retroing shoes. 

Sell them and save the $ or purchase something you will use more often.

I sold majority of my collection and bought golf clubs and a golf cart.

I enjoy golfing much more than looking at some shoes sitting in boxes.

I'm 30 by the way.

Ive known guys in recent yr to offload their collection and spend the money on 1-2 yeezys and air mags etc. For them it was more about having collectable shoes than large quantities of GR/QS shoes, the shoes still sit in the boxes but there are far fewer boxes.

I sold some Jordans via craigslist and I think I low balled myself. Oh well. All I wear now are dress shoes and the occasional Air Max. Like others said, I only going to keep the shoes I adore.

Already done it bro. I suggest you do the same considering your priorities are different now compared to a few years ago.

Dope avy BTW.
laugh.gif

In the process of selling the remaining shoes I got now.
Sold a good amount over the past year...just hard trying to figure out what shoes to keep.

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

LOL these threads pop up once a month.
i wouldnt say this is your typical "i hate the shoe game thread, let me liquidate"
i should have brought up this question before my long essay: "do u guys think if I were to liquidate most of my collection (minus a select special pairs) for $10k in this hype market, do you think I can buy the same exact pairs (not re-re-re-retro) I sold for $3k-$5k later down the road about 3-5 to 10 years from now"

hate when dudes front like "sneakerheads" but at the end of the day always reselling

i rather wear them joints to the ground b' literary

i wanna see you cut grass in your aj11s

I sold off most of mine recently, I'd rather travel and invest instead of having that many shoes stashed away. Although there were some, which weren't bad investments at all...

Planning on moving some of the stuff I know I'll never rock again...  Definetely gave this some thought but I don't have the drive/time to throw everything on eBay and deal with the hassles of B/S forums on here... 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom