Little girl forced from school due to essay

she's just a kid trying to write an essay.. they are going a little too hard on her
tired.gif

damb...
id def want to see her work to justify the poor grading but...damb

why dont we matter as much?

teachers being stubborn are the reason i had a tough time in school and the same reason i saw tons of my classmates having a tough time. This just proves it.
they think half of the students are stupid because they don't learn the same way as others so they refuse to help

The school kicked her out like a plantation does an uppity slave they couldn't break so they sell them to another plantation .The problem here is the fact we got kids being taught in environments that aren't welcoming and teachers who truly don't care about the students well being and education.You think the current education is bad all around in America wait til you step into some of these schools were they send the worst teachers possible to teach

smh @ teachers not teaching but instead trying to bring down a young mind
but she sound like she on that Huey Freeman tip

What do you expect from a place that doesn't even bother to name their schools.

Some kids come into school knowing they arent gonna receive much attention and respect from the teacher and each other.Alot of times. They see either hardened teachers who truly don't care or young unqualified teachers who patronize them

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Some kids come into school knowing they arent gonna receive much attention and respect from the teacher and each other.Alot of times. They see either hardened teachers who truly don't care or young unqualified teachers who patronize them.

Please don't put the blame on teachers, I have been in the schools and have seen many teachers who are energized and looking to make a difference in their students lives. The problem is they become worn down and stressed, these children have no respect and desire to learn. It all stems from what goes on at home, they are not taught to appreciate their education.

but by "forcing" her out of school, they proved her thesis right 
laugh.gif

and she has a point but black teachers are !*%@*+*+ too

If this isn't clear modern day institutionalized racism I don't know what is.

ME NO PASS, when I read the article and the subject of uncontrollable students came up, the classroom in the first pic flashed briefly in my mind.

If you care about knowledge or like to learn, you see it all the time, you bring up a thought provoking topic an everyone wants to talk sports/music/movies instead. The part about lack of reading/education/thirst for knowledge holding people back is so true. I can count on my fingers who I can have a serious conversation with.

I could understand the teacher being taken aback, the essay is worded strongly; but to terrorize and cook her grades? C'mon these are teachers acting like school children! So backwards!
Then you put the diamond-in-the-rough in a much rougher setting? This world sometimes...

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

I could understand the teacher being taken aback, the essay is worded strongly; but to terrorize and cook her grades? C'mon these are teachers acting like school children! So backwards!
Then you put the diamond-in-the-rough in a much rougher setting? This world sometimes...

Word.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

The school kicked her out like a plantation does an uppity slave they couldn't break so they sell them to another plantation .The problem here is the fact we got kids being taught in environments that aren't welcoming and teachers who truly don't care about the students well being and education.You think the current education is bad all around in America wait til you step into some of these schools were they send the worst teachers possible to teach
The school didn't kick her out. From the article, it sounds like it just became unbearable so they left. Understandable. In this situation, the teachers and administration are wrong. Wrong for not justifying  poor grades being thrown at a 13 y.o. I'd bet not every one enjoys being called racist or linked to a slave master. I'd be offended too. However, it's unfair of you to say they didn't care. She wasn't making headlines before this essay for her grades or mistreatment, it only occurred after the fact.
Ms. Williams, a mostly A-student, made an observation about a student population that doesn't want to learn, yet HAS TO BE in the classroom. Their presence is a distraction, point blank PERIOD! You have teachers trying to juggle classroom management (a.k.a. babysitting) and teaching ( this branches off too). ALL blame should NEVER be placed fully on the teachers unless the students are *+*$%%* angels. Hell, the article says the reason she excels is due to her own perseverance and diligence. If all these minority students of Rochester had a similar mindset, I'm sure Ms. Williams would've lacked a way to personalize F.D.'s story. 

The family needs to figure out if there is some sort of legal action they can take. I'm sure thousands of random people calling the principal, to discuss a child they have no clue about, isn't going to help the situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, the fact that at only 13 she can create a cohesive correlation between the novel and how she feels about her current school environment is amazing.
2nd:  What type of {()} $#$ teachers are they hiring these days? How do you get in your feelings over what a CHILD says in a essay contest and take it out on them. That doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Originally Posted by FOG

Racism still alive they just be concealing it.
laugh.gif
 Who the hell is concealing it. It is as bright as day
I will make sure I give this school a call in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom