Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | All episodes streaming | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1618859169194.png

1618859179965.png

1618859192951.png

1618859236337.png

1618859256628.png

1618859264442.png

Catching up on Bad *****, so Omega is a clone right? Got the same New Zealand accent.

Saw ep3, if they're planning what I think they are :sick:

Last edited:
STAR WARS: RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC Disney+ Series Is No Longer In Active Development

Last December, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced a new wave of live-action Star Wars TV shows coming to Disney+. News of The Acolyte, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lando, Ahsoka, The Book of Boba Fett, and Rangers of the New Republic all got fans excited, especially as the latter three are set to spin out of the events of The Mandalorian.

Since then, Gina Carano has been fired as Cara Dune due to her habit of sharing controversial political opinions on social media (anti-trans and anti-masking comments were the biggest issues).

She was expected to be the lead star of Rangers of the New Republic, but according to Variety, that series "is not currently in active development." That has to be a result of Dune no longer being part of the Star Wars Universe, especially as it's already been confirmed that there are no plans to recast the character.

Damn, she was expected to be the lead too. That sucks.

I wonder if we'll ever get closure as to what happens to Grogu.

Damn, she was expected to be the lead too. That sucks.

I wonder if we'll ever get closure as to what happens to Grogu.

I'd be shocked if Disney has the balls to give him an actual death. I'm positive it'll be something very ambiguous and open-ended.

what sucks are for those other actors who was gon' be on that show, getting in a SW and Marvel show/film is like hitting a lottery especially these days

STAR WARS: RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC Disney+ Series Is No Longer In Active Development

Last December, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced a new wave of live-action Star Wars TV shows coming to Disney+. News of The Acolyte, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lando, Ahsoka, The Book of Boba Fett, and Rangers of the New Republic all got fans excited, especially as the latter three are set to spin out of the events of The Mandalorian.

Since then, Gina Carano has been fired as Cara Dune due to her habit of sharing controversial political opinions on social media (anti-trans and anti-masking comments were the biggest issues).

She was expected to be the lead star of Rangers of the New Republic, but according to Variety, that series "is not currently in active development." That has to be a result of Dune no longer being part of the Star Wars Universe, especially as it's already been confirmed that there are no plans to recast the character.
Lucasfilm need to just give the reins of the show to me. I'll develop it well and spin it off with a new character no problem.

I'll make those two x-wing pilots, played by Filoni and Lee the initial stars of the show to introduce the new main Ranger character of the New Republic.

I'd be shocked if Disney has the balls to give him an actual death. I'm positive it'll be something very ambiguous and open-ended.
Wait why are we expecting Grogu dies?

His race can live for centuries.

He most likely got trained up by Luke, dabbled with the dark side, probably before what went down with Kylo Ren, and then went in to exile just like Yoda on some planet not on maps or where ppl think there's no life on it.

honestly i feel like they could just make it anyways. the fresh star wars films and shows have been strong, so why not keep it moving? feel like you could def make it without the dune character.

Back
Top Bottom