Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fist-fight-film-charlie-day.gif

Finale? This **** done? Feels like not much happened.

fist-fight-film-charlie-day.gif

Finale? This **** done? Feels like not much happened.

Plenty of people were saying this show was mid since the beginning but people defending it were just defaulting to the usual hater/racist auto-defense replies.

They really stretched a 30 min Kenobi special into a 5.5 hour show:lol:

disney has a certain formula now for star wars shows.

kids being rescued. villains being super soft. helmets being taken off for no damb reason

so i bet we somehow see vaders helmet come off in the finale 🤣

i also read they are trying to sign that girl from stranger things to be the next big star wars character 💀

Good episode, BUT….(always something with this series)…

Bruh does a single lightsaber stab to the gut not kill anyone? Grand Inquisitor back. Reva gets stabbed and she ain’t dying. Hell, bring back Qui Gon if thats what we’re doing

Hmm good point.

Good episode, BUT….(always something with this series)…

Bruh does a single lightsaber stab to the gut not kill anyone? Grand Inquisitor back. Reva gets stabbed and she ain’t dying. Hell, bring back Qui Gon if thats what we’re doing

Boba Fett was gobbled up in the Sarlacc Pit - it even belched - and they brought him back.
Rules are out the window.

I’ll compose my overall thoughts on this series later, but for this finale i gotta get one thing off my chest….

Obi Wan coulda killed him AGAIN and just walked away AGAIN?! Knowing damn well the impact his death could have on the empire/rebellion and all the remaining Jedi?!?!

I knew they had to fight again, and I knew Obi Wan had to come out somewhat victorious, but bruh….

And Reva?! WHATS THE POINT?!?!

more like OP Won Kenobi… amirite?

finale was good, not great, plenty to nitpick

how did reva get to tatooine so quick?

obi wants to distract vader and everyone wants this stranger jedi to stay? once obi said ”ill lure him away so you can escape” I woulda been “later gators”

then owen and beru gon stand and fight against an inquisitor than running and hiding? tf outa here

obi just got stronger out of nowhere? not even a peptalk from ghost qui gon?

and why spare vader after stating “my friend is truly dead”… like believing that means you can kill this dude and spare the galaxy

i chuckled when obi was hurdling boulders at darth though but feels like he shouldnt have been defeated so easily and cleanly but overall a good fight

i guess the line in ANH still holds true but theyre really not gon’ do a mindwipe on leia…

they just got to get “hello there” in there somewhere :rofl:

quighost showing up late to the party :smh:

overall the show started very good then slowed way down because of leia and ended as a whatever

i see absolutely no reason for a second season especially if theyre gon have vader in it again because theyre gon have to keep fighting and obi has to keep beating him

I thought the finale was good.

I liked the image of Vader half-masked after Obi-Wan slices him.

It felt they left the door open for a second season. At least work on the writing this time.

speaking of Rebels, this was the first thing that came to mind during that pivotal moment with the mask

Its hard to dislike something when you basically grew up with these characters which is why i can see people defending it

ok so how much firepower can one ship take before it goes down or explodes?

So obi wan flys off in his own ship to distract the empire from getting the other ship. why didnt vader just follow obi wan in his own ship and have the star destroyer still follow the ship with leia on it? No vader made them follow obi wan THEN has his own ship follow him?

He then defeats vader and claims his friend is truly dead but leaves him alive yet again even though killing him right then and there could save billions of people....

And why wouldnt the star destroyer be able to see obi wan leave the planet after he defeated vader and chase him down on his way to tatooine?

To cap it off how pointless was that reva ending? They made rey OP but reva cant even take on uncle owen and his wife with ****ing muskets?

Shes an inquisitor. you know the guys who kill younglings who are force sensitive but cant bring herself to kill luke?

They just hsd to have one more chase scene involving a kid huh 🤣

And I thought qui gon didnt finish his force ghost training? So how can obi wan see him? He would only be able to hear him?

cant wait for season 2! [\spoiler]

Still gotta process a bit.
Bunch of plot thingies to nitpick, of course... but there were a few pretty cool moments in this finale.
What's next tho???

episode definitely has some memorable and nice moments but it just seems like logic doesnt exist in this galaxy

im surprised roken didnt let leia fix the damn ships couplings :rofl:

Some loopholes here and there in the story but can live with it, don't see the point of having a second season.

They got such a talented actor in Rupert Friend to star in it but his role overall was just such a bit part.

Man… what lazy writing. A few of you already went into the detail with what was wrong with this episode and I completely agree

Reva’s arch so was pointless, and honestly a waste of time.

I really wished they focused in on Obi Wan finding himself again and realigning himself with the force. Instead of the dad + kid wild adventure formula that Disney continues to use to death.

How does Obi Wan go from barely catching Leia from falling and forgetting how to swing a lightsaber, to whoopin Vaders @ss and bombarding him with boulders, all in a couple of days? This all seems lazily thought out and rushed.

But I will admit, it was dope seeing half Vader/half Anakin. That dialogue they shared in the moment was deep. Hearing Hayden’s voice while Vaders damaged voice box was cutting in and out was epic.

disney has a certain formula now for star wars shows.

kids being rescued. villains being super soft. helmets being taken off for no damb reason

They really get you for 40 min of wtf but manage to bring it home with that nostalgia bait :smh: Show deserves every 5/6 out of 10 score it’s getting, overall. There’s zero replayability.

But that ending definitely gonna have people at least wanting a season 2 because of that last minute, including me:lol:

Back
Top Bottom