Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh ok. I was just following this list I saw online that said to watch in chronological order beginning with episodes I - III.

wish they had clone wars later years flashbacks instead of the padiwan one

and wish they used some kind of cgi on anakins face to make him look younger.

think the short haircut didnt do him no favors hiding his aging. longer hsir might have made it less noticable

The padawan flashback was funny since hayden looking old AF. grandpa padawan.
little things like that kind of irritate me. the glowie luke cgi in mando was another bummer. production for this series looks kinda janky. overall though, my kids are really enjoying the show so it's all good. i'm also pretty easy to please when it comes to star wars.

another thing they brought grand inquisitor back and he let reva live too! when she tried to and thought she killed him! so it wasnt just vader letting her live. like what kind of darkside are they running over there? 🤣
Still working out the kinks lol

:lol: The theory I've heard that makes sense is Since Anakin suffered instead of dying he leaves some of his victims to suffer. At this point though we're doing too much reaching to make **** connect.

8CD7A4ED-E811-4B14-B159-3EF22B920468.jpeg

Also interesting to see prequel Boyz mentioning wooden acting and one note characters when that was one of the big criticisms back then they fought against.

Caught episode 5 last night

It's time they explore outside the Skywalkers because they just keep digging a hole with the inconsistent storylines

Mando>Bobba>Obi

Vader disrespectfully washing Reva was :rofl::smh:

I like Reva but she thought she was doing it.
Actually, I just saw that scene and finished the episode, the flashback fight scene choreography was solid and so was the way Vader handled Reva. This series is getting better by the episode. Vader taking down the mock transport was a boss move too.

Obi-Wan talking up Reva to take on Vader and dipping out was a scumbbag move though. :lol:

What if vader didn't stop the first decoy ship and the second ship with everyone on it is sitting there knowing they're screwed? Anyway, saw a youtube vid grasping at straws saying that the episode had hints of starkiller (videogame character) being around.

Folks hated the prequeals when they first came out, but now are getting love.

Maybe the live–action Disney projects experience similar a lifecycle?

I am happier that content is getting made.

They're getting love because they seem less bad in comparison to the majority of the trash disney sw stuff. I'd like the prequels more if they didn't use so much cgi on everything. The og trilogy looks so much better with the practical effects and costumes.

Folks hated the prequeals when they first came out, but now are getting love.

Maybe the live–action Disney projects experience similar a lifecycle?

I am happier that content is getting made.

Only things I can even bother to watch in yhe PT are the lightsaber duels. And the Geonosis Battle and Order 66. So basically 30 min of the entire PT.

The Clone Wars cartoon definitely helped rehabilitate a lot of the haters and how it’s look backed on now, as a whole. And all the young folks who grew up during the PT have platforms now to express their love for it.

Add to that the amount of people who just absolutely blindly LOVE everything SW and the average person would assume the PT was just as magical as the OT. The “I’m just grateful for new content” folks that I just don’t understand. It’s not like George was slacking on content. You just never hear that with other fandoms.

As far as the ST, I just treat it the same way as I do the PT and just ignore it. But I’ve always said that once these kids grow up, Rey coming back into a SW movie will be like WWF Y2K in the summer of ‘99 levels of hype for the masses:lol:

At the end of the day, SW ain’t going anywhere and I don’t see them changing their style of quality. What we’ve gotten is mostly likely gonna be the same level of quality we’ll keep getting. For better or for worse.

Last edited:
They're getting love because they seem less bad in comparison to the majority of the trash disney sw stuff. I'd like the prequels more if they didn't use so much cgi on everything. The og trilogy looks so much better with the practical effects and costumes.
The late 90s, early 2000s CGI in movies really ruined a lot of movies

I’ll always watch Star Wars for its potential. It is by and far away the best potential of any story.

The execution been trash when it comes to movies and shows imo. There’s always hope though.

There are some incredibly good books / series that really would be GoT level type shows. Like the Bane Trilogy…that could legit be GoT x 10 level of good imo.

Back
Top Bottom