Living a six-figure lifestyle on a $30,000 salary....

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

This article is pretty silly.

If you're making $30,000 a year, why the *#%$ are you still shopping for Armani suits and Movado watches, used or not?

Dude could save even more money if he just put his ego aside.

Its not neccesarily ego. Some people just like nice things.
But what type of knowledge is this guy really kicking? Which person who has never had a salary over $80,000 is even checking for Movado's and Armani suits? These are people that should be balling out @ Walmart, with $500 you can build an entire wardrobe of Dickies, Wranglers & Timex pieces that you can actually utilize and wear to work... unless you're ex-Wall Street and you're still trying to maintain an image....
There's just something backwards about making that type of money and even looking at certain brands... it's like going to the used lot and checking out the 175k foreign whips IMO

You're right.

If you're making $30,000 a year, why the *#%$ are you still shopping for Armani suits and Movado watches, used or not?

But what type of knowledge is this guy really kicking? Which person who has never had a salary over $80,000 is even checking for Movado's and Armani suits? These are people that should be balling out @ Walmart, with $500 you can build an entire wardrobe of Dickies, Wranglers & Timex pieces that you can actually utilize and wear to work... unless you're ex-Wall Street and you're still trying to maintain an image....
There's just something backwards about making that type of money and even looking at certain brands... it's like going to the used lot and checking out the 175k foreign whips IMO

You're right.

He's basically saying hunt for deals. No #*%*, when your pockets light you aint got no choice. If he had laid out his sources then yeah.

He's basically saying hunt for deals. No #*%*, when your pockets light you aint got no choice. If he had laid out his sources then yeah.

this guy is talking it, but I doubt he is living it truly. He has quite a few articles on Yahoo. Now exposure from this. I feel like he makes more than 30K anyway and is just speaking in generalities about that's what he spent last year, but not what he is living off of.

this guy is talking it, but I doubt he is living it truly. He has quite a few articles on Yahoo. Now exposure from this. I feel like he makes more than 30K anyway and is just speaking in generalities about that's what he spent last year, but not what he is living off of.

Just because some people haven't had the ability to make $80K a year, doesn't mean they don't desire to own the so-called "finer things" in life. A lot of people who HAVE to wear the Dickies ,Wranglers, etc.do it because they have to, not because they're comfortable with it, so if they see a lightly-used name brand suit, why not get it? Same for the watches or certain cars...why buy a Timex if you can luck up and find what he did?

Sometimes I think the "rich" get upset when people who have less than them walk around looking exactly like them for a fraction of the cost.

Just because some people haven't had the ability to make $80K a year, doesn't mean they don't desire to own the so-called "finer things" in life. A lot of people who HAVE to wear the Dickies ,Wranglers, etc.do it because they have to, not because they're comfortable with it, so if they see a lightly-used name brand suit, why not get it? Same for the watches or certain cars...why buy a Timex if you can luck up and find what he did?

Sometimes I think the "rich" get upset when people who have less than them walk around looking exactly like them for a fraction of the cost.

Ok go get that used Breitling and dusty Hugo Boss and hop in your 05 Scion with the "translucent" roof playing Maybach Music on repeat...

I mean dude is flipping scratched up Movado's on eBay like your average cat with a family making 30k has time for this foolishness
laugh.gif
All in the name of stunting... go to Walmart cop and go that $40 Timex and call it a day... Getting Armani suit jackets and trying to play it off like it's a blazer... you just end up looking ******ed...

I've always been the type to only do things if I can do it correct, ain't no half steppin...

Too each his own...

Ok go get that used Breitling and dusty Hugo Boss and hop in your 05 Scion with the "translucent" roof playing Maybach Music on repeat...

I mean dude is flipping scratched up Movado's on eBay like your average cat with a family making 30k has time for this foolishness
laugh.gif
All in the name of stunting... go to Walmart cop and go that $40 Timex and call it a day... Getting Armani suit jackets and trying to play it off like it's a blazer... you just end up looking ******ed...

I've always been the type to only do things if I can do it correct, ain't no half steppin...

Too each his own...

laugh.gif

Too each his own...
Pretty much...

What works for some, doesn't work for others.

There's no REAL way to live life. We just do it how we see fit. I see $50K cars parked in the driveway of a $40K house....and see $3K cars parked in the driveway of a $400K house. Neither one of them makes any sense to me, but hey...if they're happy w/it, then that's all that matters.

I see a lot of people who DO make a decent amount of money, and have all the clothes and toys any adult could want.....but are also up to their eyeballs in bills, payments for said toys, and maintenance tryin to keep up w/the jones'. Always cracks me up how they come into the hospital I work at wanting "financial assistance" papers....had one the other day with a $258K a year income, wanting a $800 bill to be written off.

laugh.gif

Too each his own...
Pretty much...

What works for some, doesn't work for others.

There's no REAL way to live life. We just do it how we see fit. I see $50K cars parked in the driveway of a $40K house....and see $3K cars parked in the driveway of a $400K house. Neither one of them makes any sense to me, but hey...if they're happy w/it, then that's all that matters.

I see a lot of people who DO make a decent amount of money, and have all the clothes and toys any adult could want.....but are also up to their eyeballs in bills, payments for said toys, and maintenance tryin to keep up w/the jones'. Always cracks me up how they come into the hospital I work at wanting "financial assistance" papers....had one the other day with a $258K a year income, wanting a $800 bill to be written off.

Back
Top Bottom