|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with that? Kerr was hurt, Luke filled in and absolute crushed it, he got an opportunity and proved himself

Riles never woulda been hired if Magic didn't get Westhead fired and if Riles didn't have Laker ties

Phil never would have been hired if Doug Collins didn't lose every year to the Pistons.

It's all about opportunity and what you do with it
This is true, and this is as good a thought as I can think of Luke right now. He had an opportunity, and got an A+, so I'll go with that.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."
- Jerry Rice

Laker win lottery. Randle is expendable or if Kings want Simmons or Ingram instead. Laker should make the trade for Boggie. Of course kings will want multiple future 1st round picks and probably this years 2nd round pick.If Lakers end up with 2nd or 3 pick then it should be those picks for Boogie straight up and make them take Nick Young or Lou Williams off our hands.

And why is Magic waiting until now to be a mentor to DLo??? If Byron was really his boy like that shouldn't he have done that this season?? Great job Byron! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Laker win lottery. Randle is expendable or if Kings want Simmons or Ingram instead. Laker should make the trade for Boggie. Of course kings will want multiple future 1st round picks and probably this years 2nd round pick.If Lakers end up with 2nd or 3 pick then it should be those picks for Boogie straight up and make them take Nick Young or Lou Williams off our hands.

No no no annnnnnd no

What's wrong with that? Kerr was hurt, Luke filled in and absolute crushed it, he got an opportunity and proved himself

Riles never woulda been hired if Magic didn't get Westhead fired and if Riles didn't have Laker ties

Phil never would have been hired if Doug Collins didn't lose every year to the Pistons.

It's all about opportunity and what you do with it
This is true, and this is as good a thought as I can think of Luke right now. He had an opportunity, and got an A+, so I'll go with that.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

- Jerry Rice

Yeah man, I love that quote.
A lot of my friends have gotten lucky in life, but still found ways to mess it all up and end up back at the bottom.

Knowing how to handle good fortune is a skill in itself.

No doubt Luke got a nice break in order to get here, but I'm impressed at what he did with those breaks.

Not saying it was the best hire in my opinion, but the glass half full side of me does like that Kerr but the trust of his championship squad in Luke's hands over anyone else. That meant something.

You guys are trippin for passing up Boogie..but instead want to give Hasan Whiteside HUGE money & a long term contract when he's just as a big of a head case and risk if the Laker go after and are able to sign him this summer :rolleyes

I've been watching the Heat's 1st round series and Whiteside wasn't to impressive at all. Dude is a great shot blocker but man that dude needs a lot of work offensively.His offensive game is litteraly garbage put back points off rebounds, he littealry is Deandre Jordan 2.0.

Last edited:
You guys are trippin for passing up Boogie..but instead want to give Hasan Whiteside HUGE money & A long term contract when he's just as a big of A head case and risk if the Laker go after and are able to sign him this summer :rolleyes

I've been watching the Heat's 1st round series and Whiteside wasn't to impressive at all. Dude is a great shot blocker but man that dude needs a lot of work offensively.His offensive game is litteraly garbage put back points off rebounds, he littealry is Deandre Jordan 2.0.

Whiteside had a tremendous effect on the game today.

Plus we wouldn't have to give up anything to sign him.

Even though boogie is nice, I dunno how willing id be to part with valuable pieces for a head case like him.

PS if you think he's DJ 2.0 you know absolutely nothing about his game :lol:

Last edited:
Boogie is elite
Arguably best big in the game
Get him out of the **** hole of a town and out of a perennial losing situation and all his issues will go away.

I think it's cause you give up no assets in whiteside's case. Boogie is crazy in the ron ron way. Could be good if channeled the right way.  Whiteside's just a punk.

Last edited:
You guys are trippin for passing up Boogie..but instead want to give Hasan Whiteside HUGE money & a long term contract when he's just as a big of a head case and risk if the Laker go after and are able to sign him this summer :rolleyes

Yea difference is we ain't gotta give up our future for Whiteside. We can just sign him outright.

Whiteside had a tremendous effect on the game today.

Plus we wouldn't have to give up anything to sign him.

Even though boogie is nice, I dunno how willing id be to part with valuable pieces for a head case like him.

True but Randle is expendable if we win the Lottery and get Ben Simmons. They litteraly play the same position and type of game. Both are ball dominant point forwards.

I can't see how the Laker even play them in a starting line up at the 3 or 4 positions.

Randle I'm still not sold on as him being a key player to the rebuilding process and future.

What makes things worse is both Simmons and Randle need to work on their jump and mid range game :smh:

Last edited:
Randle can be moved to the bench in that case if they get Simmons.

Randle can be moved to the bench in that case if they get Simmons.

Nice way to kill a young players confidence. After he was a lottery pick and is coming off a season where he averaged a double double.

Randle would surely want out or tell the Lakers he's signing somewhere else when his rookie contract is up in 2 years and he can command a max salary contract.

Last edited:
You're missing a big point in all of that.

you have to give multiple valuable assets to get Boogie.

You have to give 0 assets to get Whiteside.

Still wanna compare?

This would be a vaild point if Demarcus and Hassan were equals, but they're not. There is a significant gap between the two. Signing Hassan to a long term deal simply because you get to keep your assets is ridiculous.

Both are cancers and head cases to teams, please don't either of them close to my Lakers.

Nice way to kill a young players confidence. After he was a lottery pick and is coming off a season where he averaged a double double.

Randle would surely want out or tell the Lakers he's signing somewhere else when his rookie contract is up in 2 years and he can command a max salary contract.

Umm his role could very well be better suited and bigger on the bench since at times he struggled with the length of some starting units. And I'm pretty sure he was averaging right at a dbl-dbl off the bench as well this year.

I still say like I've been saying.

Riles will pay HUGE money to keep Whitside this summer while figuring out a way to keep DWade in Miami until he retires.

Just watch..

Save and quote me on this in the future...

Umm his role could very well be better suited and bigger on the bench since at times he struggled with the length of some starting units. And I'm pretty sure he was averaging right at a dbl-dbl off the bench as well this year.

Not every young upcoming player is going to agree and go along with any coach to be a Lamar Odom or Harrison Barnes type key role player off the bench.Heck Odom himself didn't take on that role until later in his career.

Young dudes like Randle will want to make a name for themselves in the league and show they can be an allstar type player or key player to a franchise. Especially when they want to get a huge contract in the future of their careers.

Just look at James Harden. Those are the main reasons why he left OKC a few years back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom