|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There all max guys man. That's the point I was trying to make before, whether it's us or someone else. So if your not paying them that, you're not getting then cause somebody else will. Conley def brings more to the table individually, than Derozan but he's far from a need.

I wish Neil Olshey was the Lakers GM. I'm good on the max-level type players (sans KD, but he's not coming). Lakers should take a page from the Blazers book and sign undervalued players in the same age range as Dlo, Randle, Nance & Clarkson. Let the young signings on good contracts grow with our young core. Players like Solomon Hill, Allen Crabbe, etc.

I wish Neil Olshey was the Lakers GM. I'm good on the max-level type players (sans KD, but he's not coming). Lakers should take a page from the Blazers book and sign undervalued players in the same age range as Dlo, Randle, Nance & Clarkson. Let the young signings on good contracts grow with our young core. Players like Solomon Hill, Allen Crabbe, etc.
If they did that last year then there's no way we keep the pick.

The strategy the past few years seems pretty clear. Go after the big fish, if you can't get them...tank.

Also, you can't compare the two situations. One team has a great young backcourt and a great coach, the other had 4 young players, an aging star chucking whenever he wanted and a terrible coach.

Put all of the players they signed on the Lakers and they're just good enough to miss out on the top 3 pick but not good enough for the playoffs.

To your point, I do think Mitch will do a better job this year of filling out the roster if they miss out on the big fish.

If they did that last year then there's no way we keep the pick.

The strategy the past few years seems pretty clear. Go after the big fish, if you can't get them...tank.

Also, you can't compare the two situations. One team has a great young backcourt and a great coach, the other had 4 young players, an aging star chucking whenever he wanted and a terrible coach.

Put all of the players they signed on the Lakers and they're just good enough to miss out on the top 3 pick but not good enough for the playoffs.

To your point, I do think Mitch will do a better job this year of filling out the roster if they miss out on the big fish.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand I was perfectly fine with being a 28 win team this past season. The off-season would have been a success if they had signed Boss and Aminu.

laugh.gif
 at the plan...they've been making this up as they've gone along.

laugh.gif
 at the plan...they've been making this up as they've gone along.
Well it's not like they can control what happens in the open market.  There has to be some sort of improvisation in all of this just due to the sheer nature of things.

Don't give 48.5, coulda lured both LMA and DeAndre. But hey. :lol:

Signing the Crabbe's and Soloman Hill's only gonna get folks fired. Because that's a slow, slow, slow burn.

I was right there with you last summer lobbying for both.

They wanted Ed, he didn't want to wait around. Who knows if they wanted Aminu or not, Portland jumped on him immediately with a crazy offer.

I'm saying I agree with their approach last year (not the execution) and you can't compare Olshey to Mitch. They were in completely different situations and had different objectives.

If you have Ed and Aminu, you have zero shot at Ben or Ingram next week.

Iono....Ed would have been great with DLo, and certainly could use a useful SF, but not sure they're worth an extra lottery ticket.

Don't give 48.5, coulda lured both LMA and DeAndre. But hey.
laugh.gif

Signing the Crabbe's and Soloman Hill's only gonna get folks fired. Because that's a slow, slow, slow burn.
Keep thinking that free agents wanted to play on this team last year.  Without Kobe the pitch would have been come play with a bunch of rookies for a lot of money and lose or play with the likes of Kawhi leonard, tim duncan, tony parker, or CP and Blake Griffin for a lot of money.

There all max guys man. That's the point I was trying to make before, whether it's us or someone else. So if your not paying them that, you're not getting then cause somebody else will. Conley def brings more to the table individually, than Derozan but he's far from a need.
You're probably right, but a lot of teams have elite/ high potential PGs. We are one such team, but we have enough money to essentially build the roster we want. I like the idea of 3 high-level guards in an era of positionless basketball, especially in our system. It worked for the suns, and I think our guards would fit better (taller and more varied skill sets). 

Lakers have a good chance at signing him at $23-25. Teams who can offer more probably don't spend their entire cap on on an underrated player, or aren't as good situation for him. 

Rockets - 20

Nets-
laugh.gif

Spurs - 25. I actually like this for the Spurs.

Griz - 
laugh.gif

Mavs - max

Knicks - 20

Bucks - 24

Hawks - Max

Pacers - Max

Kings - 24 

Sixers - 
laugh.gif

Magic  - Max

Not saying Conley is THE guy to get, but he's definitely an option that isn't being considered enough. Go all in on Hayward next year than settle for Barnes or DeRozen for the same money. It's a better option until we land or develop a star. 

Last edited:
If you have Ed and Aminu, you have zero shot at Ben or Ingram next week.

Iono....Ed would have been great with DLo, and certainly could use a useful SF, but not sure they're worth an extra lottery ticket.
I was fine with this because this draft was projected to be weak and 2017 was projected to be stronger.

Last edited:
Except this is inaccurate. Horford had an EFG% on jumpers of 50%, Julius was at 30%. Plus he is a good defender and rebounder and great in pick and roll situations, but is also a guy who can be effective when he's not scoring. And is the quintessential small ball C in today's NBA.
He isn't even a top 20 rebounder, barely shoots 50% as a center, an average defender as his defensive rating is over 100.  As a center, 701 of his 1,048 shots this year were beyond 5 feet.  All of which he shot less than 40% on..........Seriously though, how are you only going to get 7 rebounds a game in a league where there are barely any centers.  His fg% is highly skewed by the fact that his other 300 shots are layups/dunks.  Dude is terrible offensively and takes horrible shots.

Not to mention he is about to be 30 and slow as ****.

Seriously though, here is his shot breakdown.  Half of the guys shots are the worst shots in all of basketball.

Last edited:
He isn't even a top 20 rebounder, barely shoots 50% as a center, an average defender as his defensive rating is over 100.  As a center, 701 of his 1,048 shots this year were beyond 5 feet.  All of which he shot less than 40% on..........Seriously though, how are you only going to get 7 rebounds a game in a league where there are barely any centers.  His fg% is highly skewed by the fact that his other 300 shots are layups/dunks.  Dude is terrible offensively and takes horrible shots.

Not to mention he is about to be 30 and slow as ****.
Thank you ...dudes wanna be paying horford in his 30's ? no thanks

As a center, 701 of his 1,048 shots this year were beyond 5 feet.  All of which he shot less than 40% on..........Seriously though, how are you only going to get 7 rebounds a game in a league where there are barely any centers. 
Sounds like a guy who fits with Randle. 

Shot Chart

Shot Freq
Thank you ...dudes wanna be paying horford in his 30's ? no thanks
I agreed with this for about halfway through last season. This team could use a vet as their best player. Sorry Kobe. 

Last edited:
That's about how long we need him to be our best player. Then he's an overpaid stretch 5, which is still valuable on any team. 

That's about how long we need him to be our best player. Then he's an overpaid stretch 5, which is still valuable on any team. 

If a stretch 5 means taking terrible long 2's and not being very good at it no thanks. Plus a max contract puts him on our books until he is 34m. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom