|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how that ROTY voting turned out...

Damn I must have been brain washed by this thread, I thought D'Lo had maybe the 3rd or 4th best Rookie season, he turned out like 9th?! Mudiay got more votes than him, Myles Turner and Justice Winslow!

Had my Laker Shades on strong..feel like B Scott with these results, straight blindsided

Damn I must have been brain washed by this thread, I thought D'Lo had maybe the 3rd or 4th best Rookie season, he turned out like 9th?! Mudiay got more votes than him, Myles Turner and Justice Winslow!

Had my Laker Shades on strong..feel like B Scott with these results, straight blindsided

I'm sure the contingent well come in here with analytics that says otherwise, I wasn't surprised though. Dude had a decent two months out of the entire season.

lol here goes the should've picked Okafor crowd still throwing shade at the Dlo pick. Did anyone think Dlo was getting votes after Booker exploded and Dlo got caught up in the snapchat thing? He's not gunna make the first team all rookie team either, can't wait for the snarky comments when that happens.

lol here goes the should've picked Okafor crowd still throwing shade at the Dlo pick. Did anyone think Dlo was getting votes after Booker exploded and Dlo got caught up in the snapchat thing? He's not gunna make the first team all rookie team either, can't wait for the snarky comments when that happens.

A guy who shot 36% for the season got more votes and they're using that list acting vindicated by it.

Even Booker's season wasn't better. His "explosion" wasn't anything more than more shot attempts and more play time. Wasn't better playing time.

Last edited:
DLo barely even played for the first half the season.

Whenever Oak was playing, he got a bulk of minutes and a bulk of touches because there wasnt a Kobe show going on in Philly.
You cant compare their rookie seasons at all.

This year is a different story. Both of them healthy, both of them starting, both of them getting heavy usage rates (in their respective positions)... we'll see who makes a bigger overall impact.

It makes 0 sense to compare DLo's impact to Oak when he along with the rest of the Lakers spent most of their game nights watching Kobe chuck up 18 26 foot 3's a night :x

Who said anything about Oak? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Just found it interesting the same guys that saw fit to give Steph the first unanimous MVP this season thought there were 8 guys better, that's all. No need to bring out the capes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say D'Lo barely played. His lowest minute total was 25 for any month. Sure not all minutes are created equal but he got plenty of burn. JC was the one who didn't get PT early on in his rookie season. 

Not saying D'Lo is a bust or anything, but the idea that he rarely played just isn't true.  Shifting around lineups constantly is a better reason why his production was so inconsistent. 

Last edited:
Team tank/B.Scotts coaching, Kobe farewell tour, is a hard way to judge any of our young talent....especially with horrible rotations,vets that didn't fit..trash defense system,on and on.Not saying Dlo was right pick..I wanted a big..we need a system that fits our personnel let's see what team Luke can do..

If you look at it
KAT & Porzingis took the first 2 spots.
Booker/Jokic split the 3rd place spot. Everyone else kinda split the 5th spot.

I expect the same thing in the all rookie team with Okafor or Winslow pulling out the 5th spot.

Last edited:
DLo barely even played for the first half the season.

Whenever Oak was playing, he got a bulk of minutes and a bulk of touches because there wasnt a Kobe show going on in Philly.
You cant compare their rookie seasons at all.

This year is a different story. Both of them healthy, both of them starting, both of them getting heavy usage rates (in their respective positions)... we'll see who makes a bigger overall impact.

It makes 0 sense to compare DLo's impact to Oak when he along with the rest of the Lakers spent most of their game nights watching Kobe chuck up 18 26 foot 3's a night :x

He played a decent amount, he was 27mpg & 28mpg in first 2 months... Then dropped to 25mpg. Then up to 29mpg, 28mpg, and then 34mpg by month.

The problem was Byron yo-yoing him on he starts, he doesn't start.. HEY HE STARTS AGAIN! He can't close games because they are too close, can't close them because they are too out of hand... HEY LET"S LET HIM CLOSE!

In the end, now that we've escaped that car crash... I wish he'd answer "What did that accomplish?"

But your analysis of the roster is really on point as well. Okafor was forced fed, and Russell had to do the force feeding.

It wasn't a very complimentary roster for assists.. Kobe & Lou, then Randle & Hibbert not shooting efficiently. Bass who never went straight up on a pass.

Also with 2/3 of the game Rebounding & Defense. Okafor is absolutely atrocious. Just beyond bad. So bigger overall impact, as long as Okafor isn't Shaq on offense, and as long as Russell is good on offense... The win will always go to Russell.

A guy who shot 36% for the season got more votes and they're using that list acting vindicated by it.

It's so bizarre to me how mudiay is treated in the media. He was having literally the worst shooting/turnover season in NBA history for like half the year and was still being hyped. To his credit he played really well against scrubs like Ronnie price and the Sixer's tho.

Also porzingis was over hyped due to some putback dunks. He'll be a solid player but his rookie year was a lil overrated.

Last edited:

Just found it interesting the same guys that saw fit to give Steph the first unanimous MVP this season thought there were 8 guys better, that's all. No need to bring out the capes.

61.gif

http://niketalk.com/t/608612/the-20...warriors-are-the-champions/4410#post_21840554

View media item 2033997

And before you think I had to crate dig for your post. I searched Steve Nash MVP by Mamba MVP, and look at relevant posts. And there it was. Skipped a couple of pages, and looked for one where it was just 1 sentence. Easy enough

If you're actually going to use the ROY voting for justification of your point. Then we can use MVP voting to justify other things.

Same premise

Last edited:
Also porzingis was over hyped due to some putback dunks. He'll be a solid player but his rookie year was a lil overrated.

I wouldn't say it was Overrated. Did it become folk lore at time? Sure. But still was a really good year for a guy who wasn't supposed to be ready remotely.

Only issue about his season was its trajectory went downward. But he also didn't have the greatest coaches to deal with either. And as bad as Fisher is.... Rambis is much much worse.

Last edited:
That's right lottery is tomorrow. A lil nervous about this. With us officially starting over this is a important time.

The pick is gone bruh.

Accept it now, and don't feel anything but temporarily pissed for a couple of minutes tomorrow.

And if we keep it, you'll feel that much better about it.

Last edited:
On the other hand, the Heat will try to convince Hassan Whiteside to take less than the max....

Welcome to LA Hassan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom