|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically was a subtle way of calling you a clown

I know it was. But people that actually get paid to do draft analysis have been asked to do this all the time, but somehow they're all stupid. And it's not like it's set in stone, The stuff evolves as more data is available. Just as it does from high school to college, which is why KAT went from maybe a guy that was outside of the top 5 from most places at the beginning of the year to number 1 off 5 months of play. And Jah dropped a few spots after people got to see him play. Or closer to home, a guy like D'Lo goes from lower top 10 or not even lottery to a consensus top 3 guy.

Last edited:
"People that get paid"

Broussard
Bucher
Bayless
SAS
Simmons
Barkley
Shaq

So, yeah, we should just gobble up people who get paid to talk.

And I'm not callin Mamba a clown. The idea, or scenario of year later analysis, that's clown ****. Not Mamba.

"People that get paid"

Broussard
Bucher
Bayless
SAS
Simmons
Barkley
Shaq

And I'm not callin Mamba a clown. The idea, or scenario of year later analysis, that's clown ****. Not Mamba.

It's not even them though. Ppl that are involved in Draft Express and other sites that actually did the same rankings before last year's draft are the same ppl that give those takes.

That means you're calling the person with the view you think is clownish, a clown.

That means the stuff Mamba read/heard was dumb "click/listen bait"

As said, they're "paid" so they drum up dumb *** conversation pieces for clicks, views, etc.

No prob with Mamba reading or listening, free to live his life. IE, no clown. Those paid dudes, with stupid *** "ideas" are clowns.

Colin is paid. He wants us to trade 18 year old high ceiling Ingram for 22 year old reached his ceiling Dunn. Why? Cuz "he's a man".

Colin makes millions for that analysis.

Millions.

And he is? A. Clown.

"People that get paid"

Broussard
Bucher
Bayless
SAS
Simmons
Barkley
Shaq

It's not even them though. Ppl that are involved in Draft Express and other sites that actually did the same rankings before last year's draft are the same ppl that give those takes.

I know. They altered their "hard work", eval's, ONE year in.

That's really bright on their part.

And they'll change it again next year and so on as these guys play more. What's the big deal?

IMO it's not fair to Simmons or Ingram to rank them with KAT after he just had an amazing rookie season

Didn't say it was a big deal. I said it was stupid, and a poor way to judge draft analysis. Drafts/rookies take time.

Kobe, Nash, Bynum, J O'Neal, Steph, Dray, Marc Gasol, George, Drummond, all guys that woulda been "dropped" year 1.

No big deal. Just dumb analysis.

What do you guys think it'll take to get Vucevic from Orlando if he becomes available? Vogel may want to shake up that roster and bring in more defensive minded players

Bleacher Report did a Head, Heart & Wallet Destinations for Free Agents.

DeRozan got LA for Heart & Wallet
Whiteside got LA for Wallet

Encouraging to say the least.

View media item 2039326

Age 19-20 to Age 22. Lillard was a much better pure scorer coming out of college, was 2nd Leading Scorer, even ahead of Dougie McBuckets in scoring.

We also had a **** sandwich team in terms of efficiency. Kobe, Randle, Hibbert & Nick Young were below average in terms of efficiency scoring.

The ORtg difference is really huge.. But Wesley Matthews, Nic Batum & LaMarcus Aldridge in 2012-13 is a pretty big talent gap to inexperience with Clarkson, Randle, general Face Palms from Hibbert and Swan Song Kobe

Nonetheless, they are close to each other to be very encouraged

1. Bulk up a bit for defense. He has the measurables to be a passable defender, and showed that on occasion. Stay engaged, and keep up the effort.
2. More consistency from behind the arc
3. Get FT% somewhere between High 70s to Low/Mid 80s

Last edited:
[quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]That means you're calling the person with the view you think is clownish, a clown.[/quote]Nnnnnnooooppppppe.

If I say you lied and YOU choose to interpret that I called you a liar, that's not ME CALLING YOU SOMETHING PERSONAL, that's YOU CHOOSING A PERSONAL INTERPRETATION.

Completely on you.

He said it's clownish to redraft after a year. If someone else interprets that like "Oh, well Mamba did that. So you're calling Mamba a clown", that interpretation is completely on the person. CP never said that.

I didn't mean to get at Mamba like it was his fault. Just somethin he brought up on Twitter that got us talkin.

People watch First Take for "info" or opinions, is what it is.

My stance is just that NBA teams do not draft for rookie years, they draft for careers.

Wasn't Jahlil Okafor the "most NBA ready" big man in years? Tim Duncan lite. Yet, KAT went #1. Why? Higher ceiling, more potential. That's what evaluators said.

So why change those eval's one year later?

TMac, Ariza, Tony Parker, CJ McCollum, more guys that came up in big ways after slow starts.

It's pointless to judge or redraft a year or two later. Gotta let guys work and hone their crafts.

I didn't mean to bash Mamba, I was simply trying to show him those talking heads do that for clicks/views same as Jim Rome, or Curt Schilling, Colin, etc. There's no real merit to it. He can get information in better ways than shows like that, but if he enjoys those types of discussion, my bad for makin him think I was callin him out moreso than the process I really had the issue with.

You know what's crazy? Had we gotten the first pick this year and last year we could have had this lineup:

PG: Conley
SG: Clarkson
SF: Ben Simmons
PF: Julius Randle
C: Karl Anthony Towns

Who has the Ingram and Simmons Laker mockups, time for an avy change.

@BA_Turner Brian Shaw and the Lakers are nearing a deal for him to become Luke Walton's lead assistant coach, according to several sources.
@BA_Turner Shaw had always been the coach Walton wanted on his staff. Shaw was an assistant when Walton won his 2 titles with the Lakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom