|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to loooove Shaq. Being in LA thru those prime Lakers Shaq & Kobe years was life.
Especially Shaq pure entertainment and dominance. But I've grown to hate him over the years. His later years kind of confirmed he was prob
just as much responsible for the break up than Kobe. He is really a big whiny self centered baby.
And to answer the question no he isn't rated higher than Kobe.
1. Magic
2. Kobe
3. Shaq
4. Kareem

Shaq was great, but ahead of Kareem? the all time leading scorer, 6 rings, multiple MVPs and the greatest single shot ever?

Shaq's footwork and athleticism at that size was AMAZING
but his jump hook was doo doo and that turn around fade away was garbage, his shot was horrendous, no rotation, no flick of the wrist. he never improved his release and his shot in the post, always just kinda threw the ball toward the basket
he had a great drop step and could back anyone down

kareem was all grace and skill, pure artistry in motion

Shaqs jump hook was nice... he had nice touch... Good vision for a big man

In their primes Shaq would dominate Kareem...

Overall though Kareem was effective for much longer than shaq which will always give him the edge over the big fella

Vlade will trade Boogie to the Lakers for the no. 2 demar derozan because by HEART he's a LakerMania :smokin

Fixed :pimp:

Once jerger starts crying in the locker room boog will tune him out and lead a mutiny against him a la David blatt. Kings will realize they need to jumpstart their rebuild to avoid losing their pick in a swap with the Sixer's. With no other viable options available after Philly and Boston unload their 'assets', Vlade will turn to a familiar face in his time of need and commence trade talks centered around demar derozan, Lou Williams and future draft considerations. Lakers will proceed full steam ahead with a core of Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle and cousins after sustaining the patience and presence of mind to avoid trading away multiple highly touted lottery prospects for the likes of Paul George. ALA dies a slow painful death as the Lakers dominate the league for the next dozen years.

Fin

Last edited:
Fixed :pimp:

Once jerger starts crying in the locker room boog will tune him out and lead a mutiny against him a la David blatt. Kings will realize they need to jumpstart their rebuild to avoid losing their pick in a swap with the Sixer's. With no other viable options available after Philly and Boston unload their 'assets', Vlade will turn to a familiar face in his time of need and commence trade talks centered around demar derozan, Lou Williams and future draft considerations. Lakers will proceed full steam ahead with a core of Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle and cousins after sustaining the patience and presence of mind to avoid trading away multiple highly touted lottery prospects for the likes of Paul George. ALA dies a slow painful death as the Lakers dominate the league for the next dozen years.

Fin

View media item 2038181

How will Kobe Bryant spend retirement?

Not by reuniting with Shaquille O’Neal.

TMZ:

When it comes to the “Inside the NBA” job offer, Kobe Bryant just did something pretty uncommon for him — he passed.
As we previously reported, the honchos at the show had reached out to Mamba, hoping he’d join Charles Barkley, Shaq and the rest of the gang either this season or next.
But Wednesday night outside of a Hublot watch event in Bev Hills, Kobe swatted the whole idea down — saying straight up he DOES NOT want the gig.

Ah well.

Kobe ain't loose enough to have a job like that.

He prolly gonna work at real sports with Bryant Gumbel or some **** :lol:

I didn't see this video of the actual drawing until now:

John Black gives the Sixers owner's daughter a high five after the Lakers won the #2 pick :lol:

What a savage.

Conspiracy theorist are probably going to say "Hey how come the suite case with the balls in it the back cover is covering how the balls are sitting in the case" :lol:

Also we were one ping pong ball away from winning the #1 pick in the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=15595590

Last edited:
Kobe ain't loose enough to have a job like that.

He prolly gonna work at real sports with Bryant Gumbel or some **** :lol:

Nope he's already at work with his own company called Kobe Inc. Reports are saying his real passion after his playing career is producing and telling stories. He supposedly is working on a animated short series telling parts of his career and he's already got major investors lined up.He's also one of the owners and investors for theplayerstribune.com website.
Kobe Bryant Inks Sports Illustrated Deal for ‘Dear Basketball’ Animated Film

Retired NBA superstar Kobe Bryant will turn his love poem to hoops, “Dear Basketball,” into a short animated film and a related series of projects to be distributed exclusively on Sports Illustrated digital properties.

The L.A. Lakers great last November posted his retirement poem, “Dear Basketball,” on the Players’ Tribune, the Derek Jeter-backed media startup that gives athletes an “unfiltered” forum. The Players’ Tribune will also help promote the film project on SI.

The “Dear Basketball” short will be narrated by Bryant and directed by Glen Keane, the animator who has worked on such classic films as “Aladdin,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled.” John Williams, the five-time Oscar-winning composer whose credits include “Star Wars,” “Jaws,” the “Indiana Jones” series, “E.T.,” “Jurassic Park” and the “Harry Potter” films, will write the score for the animated ode to basketball.

The deal was cut by Time Inc.’s Sports Illustrated Group with Bryant’s new production company, Kobe Studios, along with production company Believe Entertainment Group. The collaboration includes the premiere of the “Dear Basketball” short film on SI.com slate for the fall of 2016, as well as a series of exclusive SI Films productions taking viewers behind the scenes of the animation process.

“’Dear Basketball’ is the perfect tribute to something I’ve loved for so long. Glen and John are two legends in their industries, so to partner with them on the creative process is a dream come true,” Bryant said in a prepared statement. “Working with Sports Illustrated on this special project is an amazing opportunity to hopefully inspire fans all over the world.”

Time Inc. announced the Bryant pact at its Digital Content NewFronts event Thursday in New York, where it also unveiled plans to launch the People and Entertainment Weekly Network over-the-top free streaming service and other new initiatives.

As part of the deal, Bryant gave exclusive access to Sports Illustrated for the project, speaking about what “Dear Basketball” means to him and how came together. The “Dear Basketball” collaboration will include video, text and interviews with Bryant and other key players across SI Group platforms along with the animated short to stream on SI.com.

“We are proud to collaborate with Kobe to tell the comprehensive story of his first venture of his post-NBA career,” said Rich Battista, president of Time Inc.’s entertainment and sports group and video. “We are excited for his fans and the global community of sport, music, entertainment and art enthusiasts to experience these productions.”

Added Dan Goodman, co-founder of Believe Entertainment, “We’re honored to partner with Sports Illustrated for the launch of this amazing animated short film and to work with them on a making of series that will reach a global audience across its platforms. The chance to partner with Kobe at this time is an incredibly compelling business and content opportunity for Believe.”

Kobe Studios is a division of Kobe Inc., which he formed in 2013. Its first project, “Kobe Bryant’s Muse,” debuted on Showtime in February 2015 and in China last August via a partnership with Alibaba Group.

New York-based Believe Entertainment’s recent projects include “The LeBrons,” an animated web series with two-time NBA champion LeBron James on Microsoft’s Xbox Live, and “Money Where Your Mouth Is,” a game show series hosted by Jay Mohr on Hulu. The company signed an investment deal with ITV in 2014.

Ken Kleinberg, senior partner at Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo, negotiated the deal on behalf of Keane for the Kobe Bryant film.

Source:

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/kobe-bryant-dear-basketball-film-sports-illustrated-1201767225/

Last edited:
Vlade will trade Boogie to the Lakers for the no. 2 because by HEART he's a LakerMania
smokin.gif
Lakermania....., how old are you

srs question
fixed

Ingram has been working out in White Plains, New York, focusing on two key things the 76ers and Lakers will be watching closely in their workouts with him -- improving his strength and proving his ability to be an elite shooter from the NBA 3-point line.

A lack of strength is the biggest knock against Ingram right now. His lanky 6-foot-8 frame weighs less than 200 pounds -- extremely thin for an NBA forward.

Ingram says he has put on around seven pounds since he started strength training, upping his weight to 197 pounds. Obviously, teams are going to want to see him significantly heavier than that. But he has time. He is one of the youngest players in the draft and has never done much in the weight room. While his frame is thin, the word from the training staff here was that Ingram is already surprisingly strong.

The other question concerns Ingram's 3-point shot. He made an impressive 41 percent from deep as a freshman But as Kevin Pelton has mentioned in our draft debates, his 68 percent free throw shooting is a red flag. Typically, free throw shooting has been a better indicator of a player's NBA 3-point shooting ability.

While Ingram didn't address his free throw shooting in the workout I saw, he really shot the ball well in a series of drills utilizing the NBA 3. Not only did he look comfortable taking spot-up shots, but when the staff took him through a star drill -- where Ingram had to make as many shots as possible from five spots on the floor in a star pattern in two minutes -- he excelled.

He has an effortless stroke. He didn't seem to be straining at all on the 3s. That's unusual for most prospects, even great shooters, so early in the process. Typically it takes players some time to adjust. Ingram is well on his way.

Off the court, Ingram is quiet and determined. A number of GMs remarked that he impressed in his interviews at the draft combine and that all the background reports say he's a thoughtful, coachable player who's a good teammate off the court. And despite his thin frame, Ingram doesn't seem to be that concerned with the increased physicality he'll encounter in the NBA.

"I'm confident," he said. "I think confidence got me this far. I always thought I was the best player wherever I was, even with my build I always had confidence. Confidence to do whatever I wanted regardless of what others said. Determination to make a basket or get a defensive stop. I've always been responsible, have put my teammates first and taken responsibility for my own actions."

Ingram probably will go either No. 1 or No. 2 in the draft. Interestingly, one NBA exec said his real future in the NBA isn't as a forward. It's as a shooting guard.

"Back when the Pacers used to play Paul George at the 2, I felt like that was his best position," he said. "I feel the same way about Ingram. That's where he can be devastating and his lack of strength won't come back to haunt him. If he becomes a superstar, I think it will be because he developed the ability to play that spot."

None of us can complain about whoever we get out of the 2.

I know we had the 2nd worst record, but the odds say we probably shouldn't have even kept that pick :lol:

Win Win either way fellas.

Unless it's not Ingram or Simmons... Then we riot

My little brothers new apartment is 2 blocks away from Staples.
I will for sure be rioting there 2 straight weeks if we choose anything other than those 2.

Just an idea for those that really would want Ben over Brandon:

Would you be willing to trade: #1 and Carl Landry for #2, #32, Lou Williams and Anthony Brown?

Last edited:
Just an idea for those that really would want Ben over Brandon:

Would you be willing to trade: #1 and Carl Landry for #2, #32, Lou Williams and Anthony Brown?
Yeah but if we do that, then what do we do with Randle since him and Simmons basically play the exact same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom