|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Mitch and Jim were telling Byron to play Tarik more.

I can only imagine what their internal discussions about D'Angelo Russell with Byron were.

Glad we're not ready to compete right now, maybe 3-5 years away. As someone mention earlier, doesn't really matter since Warriors pretty much have it on lock next 5 years.

I listen to ESPN 710 to get lakers news but does anyone else find it annoying how MT rides for the Warriors? I know your son is on the team but god damn.

I read an article inside somewhere that suggested Westbrook, Adams, and a 2020 first round pick for Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Lou and Swaggy.

I say no because a. I'd rather see how the kids work out together good or bad and b. He's a damn free agent after next year

I read an article inside somewhere that suggested Westbrook, Adams, and a 2020 first round pick for Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Lou and Swaggy.

I say no because a. I'd rather see how the kids work out together good or bad and b. He's a damn free agent after next year
I wouldn't just for the sake that no one is probably going to beat the Warriors or Cavs for the next three years.

:lol:

No.

did franc write that article?

:nerd: :nerd:

Lakers

Lakers get: Westbrook, Steven Adams and 2020 first-round draft pick

Thunder get: D'Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, Lou Williams and Nick Young

See in ESPN's trade machine

David Thorpe: L.A. is the likely destination for Westbrook, so the Lakers could just sit and wait a year.

But why not be able to offer him the richest contract possible next July? Getting Adams would allow the Lakers to have a potential All-Star for years to come, and they can move Timofey Mozgov at the trade deadline.

Why would the Lakers insist on Adams? Because they would be giving up three high-upside players who are on below-market rookie contracts, while Westbrook would be free to leave the Lakers in 2017 if he wanted to. Adams would be the price of taking on the Thunder's risk that Westbrook might depart.

This trade would give the Lakers two fantastic building blocks and set them up for next year's free agency. And the pick ensures a young talent to help them stay afloat down the line.

For the Lakers, moving their three best building blocks would hurt -- especially Ingram -- but they are far from ready to play with the likes of Westbrook, Adams and Luol Deng. Also -- the trade would allow Jordan Clarkson to develop in a better, winning environment.

OKC would have three talented young guys to start over, as they did when they drafted Kevin Durant, Westbrook and James Harden in succession from 2007 to 2009. While these players probably won't hit the same heights, the Thunder are following a model similar to the one that allowed general manager Sam Presti to build a great team in the first place.

Williams and Young might yield assets in follow-up trades.

Regardless: In just a few years time, OKC would be back in the thick of things.

:stoneface:
:nerd: :nerd:

Lakers

Lakers get: Westbrook, Steven Adams and 2020 first-round draft pick

Thunder get: D'Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, Lou Williams and Nick Young

See in ESPN's trade machine

David Thorpe: L.A. is the likely destination for Westbrook, so the Lakers could just sit and wait a year.

But why not be able to offer him the richest contract possible next July? Getting Adams would allow the Lakers to have a potential All-Star for years to come, and they can move Timofey Mozgov at the trade deadline.

Why would the Lakers insist on Adams? Because they would be giving up three high-upside players who are on below-market rookie contracts, while Westbrook would be free to leave the Lakers in 2017 if he wanted to. Adams would be the price of taking on the Thunder's risk that Westbrook might depart.

This trade would give the Lakers two fantastic building blocks and set them up for next year's free agency. And the pick ensures a young talent to help them stay afloat down the line.

For the Lakers, moving their three best building blocks would hurt -- especially Ingram -- but they are far from ready to play with the likes of Westbrook, Adams and Luol Deng. Also -- the trade would allow Jordan Clarkson to develop in a better, winning environment.

OKC would have three talented young guys to start over, as they did when they drafted Kevin Durant, Westbrook and James Harden in succession from 2007 to 2009. While these players probably won't hit the same heights, the Thunder are following a model similar to the one that allowed general manager Sam Presti to build a great team in the first place.

Williams and Young might yield assets in follow-up trades.

Regardless: In just a few years time, OKC would be back in the thick of things.

Because they would be giving up three high-upside players who are on below-market rookie contracts, while Westbrook would be free to leave the Lakers in 2017 if he wanted to.

ESPN needs to just die already. I'm ******* sick of hearing **** they put out. :smh:

Jesus Christ. :lol:

Because they would be giving up three high-upside players who are on below-market rookie contracts, while Westbrook would be free to leave the Lakers in 2017 if he wanted to.

ESPN needs to just die already. I'm ******* sick of hearing **** they put out. :smh:

Jesus Christ. :lol:

I read that and had flashbacks to Dwight Howard :smh:

Last edited:
mean.gif

Dude LITERALLY spelled out how stupid it would be to make the trade he himself proposed. What? :lol:

Here's what the Lakers should do, trade away 3 great, cheap, assets for one extremely expensive one, who could ditch you a year later anyways. But hey, you can have Adams too for your trouble. Yes LA, do that. Sounds great.

Submit.

:lol: ******* clowns.

That trade would be terrible for the Lakers. You would be giving up young players to probably be a fringe playoff team without nothing left to build with. 

That trade is silly but if you switch out Clarkson for Ingram when he's eligible, you'd have to seriously consider it.

I'd trade Ingram, Randle & Clarkson for Boogie. Doing the Melo trade (no matter who you trade) makes no sense.

If you trade assets for Russy, why would he stay and resign with a depleted team? If he does wanna resign, Wouldnt he rather give up the extra $ from his bird rights for a better basketball situation with the young assets?

Trading for Boogie makes sense, trading for Russy doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom