|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to read that this guy is gone.

Nd4KLn.gif

We got 2 future second round picks (likely 2018 and 2020), upgraded the backup PG position, an expiring deal, and we "could" still flip him at the deadline for another 2nd rounder. (Something Mitch does struggle with tho)

But between Calderon and Lou, couple flippable guards could net us an extra pick or two in a few months.

Looks at Lakers salaries

Clarkson $11.2mil (4 year / $50mil total)
Calderon $7.708mil
Lou Will $7mil (2 year / $7mil total)
Nick $5.4mil (2 year / $11.2mil total)
Anthony Brown $874K (3 year / $3.177mil total)

$32.2mil total contracts

2017 - 2nd Round
2018 - 2nd Round
2020 - 2nd Round
2021 - 1st Round

2 - 2nd Rounders from the Bulls

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
We're trending up from last summer's pickups Bass, Lou and Slow Roy

Sux that we've been looking forward to the summer of 2016 for years now and we end up with Moz, Deng and Calderon

Oh well, the kids will be fun to watch develop

yea i dont see how anyone cant be excited to watch this team this season

no dumb coach forcing vets to play for meaningless wins just young talent developing into hopefully something great

as far as big free agents go seems like age of a team is a big factor

no point in established superstars signing with extremely young teams

we need to somehow pry away towns when the time comes

Last edited:
Calderon is good for leadership purposes & he's an expiring contact, can't ask for much more. We all know he can't guard a soul but at least he can shoot lol.

getting 2 second round picks for just taking expired contract seems like a damn good
Deal to me

Doesn't hurt to have an other experienced vet in the locker room too

Good job. :smile:

Luke
Ingram
Zubac
Clarkson deal
Black deal
Calderon + 2 second rounders trade
Deng
Mozgov

Soon no more Nick Young.

I mean, damn. That's the best offseason we've had since 2012, right?

I ask for it every year, and never get it, but hopefully this year Mitch does flip Lou and/or Calderon for an extra pick or two. We may not have our First Rounder this year, so would be nice to add an asset somewhere.

Offseason very solid all things considered. After 18 years of fandom I was actually looking forward to maybe following the team more casually. But dammit I can get behind this team and I love Ingram already

Luke
Ingram
Zubac
Clarkson deal
Black deal
Calderon + 2 second rounders trade
Deng
Mozgov

Soon no more Nick Young.

I mean, damn. That's the best offseason we've had since 2012, right?

I ask for it every year, and never get it, but hopefully this year Mitch does flip Lou and/or Calderon for an extra pick or two. We may not have our First Rounder this year, so would be nice to add an asset somewhere.

Cant imagine Luke would allow a negative presence like Nick to be close to these youngings all season long.

This is a season of teaching both on the court and off the court for our young studs, I'm sure Luke knows that. He's smart.

Fully expecting him to be waived at one point this year. Cut your losses, pay the idiot and move on. Let the youth grow without immature distractions

Last edited:
Where we currently stand

View media item 2093613

1. I assume Huertas' QO will be let go, but it just hasn't yet. That puts us at $13.883mil in cap space.

2. If you stretch Swaggy that puts us at $17mil
(I'd call up Philly and offer them Swaggy + 1 of the Bulls Seconds we got to absorb his deal. They have $31mil in cap space right now, and no real game changers or really anybody that means anything). They can then absorb the hit of buying him out or stretching him. With that they at least gain something, as opposed to signing a veteran who doesn't want to be there for multiple years, and at best is an 8th/9th man

If you traded Swaggy, you have $19mil in space, and save an extra $2.2mil in 2017

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom