|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not interested RIGHT NOW in Beastbrook NEXT SUMMER.

Of course a lot could change between now and next summer, but right now my focus is on DLo, Ingram, and Clarkson's development, which would take a huge back seat if we brought in Russy. And I'm a huge fan, but this isn't the same as when I was really hoping we grab Kidd years ago, or Garnett a few years before that. Those would have filled holes. Russell wouldn't.

Team is gonna be fun. ZUBAC and Mozzy are gonna be good interviews and Mozzy will probably be good (still hate the contract) Deng will be a good mentor/lockeroom guy.

It's gonna be a fun year.

Honestly not interested RIGHT NOW in Beastbrook NEXT SUMMER.

Of course a lot could change between now and next summer, but right now my focus is on DLo, Ingram, and Clarkson's development, which would take a huge back seat if we brought in Russy. And I'm a huge fan, but this isn't the same as when I was really hoping we grab Kidd years ago, or Garnett a few years before that. Those would have filled holes. Russell wouldn't.

Clarkson is a 6th man on a good team and D'Lo is better served being a 2 guard/off ball. Westbrook absolutely fills a hole. He automatically makes everyone better just by his presence on the floor.

Last edited:
Sign him or nothing. We ain't winning in the next 3-5 years with or without him. Might as well see what we have and hope Westbrook joins next year. 

Deng mentoring Ingram

That duke connection

Think I just threw up in my mouth a bit

Not as much as Mitch
You can tell D'lo really wants to lead out there
Read a tweet that JC was out there with Luke and waited and dabbed every player after the game
I had asked the question earlier, who would be captain
I could see both JC and D'lo as captains ...maybe deng.

Excited to see the game later, wonder if any guys sit out. I could see Nance sitting this one out

Last edited:
Kevin Pelton's grades for our first SL game

Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers: A-minus

Lakers fans were excited to see the No. 2 pick in action and were immediately rewarded with Ingram hitting a jumper for the Lakers' first points and following it up shortly thereafter with a monster block from the weak side.

While Ingram's stat line (12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, four rebounds) wasn't overwhelming, in some ways I thought he showed more potential than I saw from him at Duke in terms of the ability to create his own shot off the dribble.

D'Angelo Russell, L.A. Lakers: A

As a rookie, Russell had an uneven summer league, struggling with turnovers and his shooting percentage. More confident and experienced a year later, Russell was the best player on the court in the Lakers-Pelicans game. He flirted with a triple-double, finishing with 20 points, 11 rebounds and six assists, albeit also five turnovers.

One interesting wrinkle was the Lakers putting Russell in the post and letting him play with his back to the basket against smaller defenders. Russell hit a turnaround jumper and drew a foul on post-ups, and his passing skills help neutralize bringing help.

Ivica Zubac, L.A. Lakers: B-plus

The Lakers' second-round pick, No. 32 overall, Zubac was a bit of a mystery to everyone but draftniks. His first impression stateside was a positive one.

Zubac showed both the power to back down defenders in the post and the patience to either get a good shot or move the ball. He demonstrated touch out to midrange and looked better than advertised at the defensive end of the court.

Zubac will join the Lakers this season after signing a multi-year contract and the early returns suggest he might be a rotation-caliber player right away.

I wish I was able to make it to the SL games in Vegas. Anybody going? Future looking bright! 
smokin.gif

I know it's a real long shot but I really think this Laker team has to get into the playoffs next season fo Westbrook ro even give Mitch & Jim a phone interview in free agency next summer.

[quote name="iceinmyveins2"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]Summer league game is on the deuce tonight, gents. 7:30 PST.[/QUOTE]530 PST actually[/quote]Looking again, I think it's 6:30 PST. :nerd:

My TV listings show 8:30 tonight, and I live in Illinois which is 2 hours ahead of west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom