|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the Deng signing. One of the things this young team needed was veteran leadership and the Lakers couldn't have signed a better person. He's the consumate professional on and off the court and someone who the young guys can actually look up to. Someone that can possibly take these guys from the steve francis/tmac mindset to maximizing their potential by teaching them how to take the professional approach early in their careers. In regards to the length of his contract, think of him as taking on the elder statesman role like deke, zo, b grant

I'd like to see us go after Jarret Jack, would be a solid PG behind D'Lo.

I like the deng signing, just slightly bothered by the length of it.

what else do the lakers do now? waive/stretch young and sign a veteran SG? afflalo?

Fire Mitch should be the next step cause he's screwing us big time on his way out

wonder what kind of trades we could get into

help facilitate a move and bring in an expiring deal with a draft pick

I saw Dengs name trending on Twitter and wondered hmmm who picked him up. Lol then saw the news lol. It's cool. I can dig it.. I keep forgetting Byron Scott isn't our coach anymore. I trust Young Luke sky Walton.

Last edited:
I like deng even for the years he will still be solid for 3 years the money is just crazy now...mozgod im not crazy about but we needed something hopefully he can mentor zubac or whatever 32s name is

Great signing.

High character guy who is still productive.

I'm pretty sure this means Ingram will start at the 2 with Clarkson coming off the bench.

I bet the guys who don't want Deng are the same guys who are happy with Mozgov.

72 to Baze is a damn lucky thing he turned us down. :smh:

what about 72 for Deng?

Rather have Deng, even tho he's older.

Deng can play the 4, like Iggy, in a small ball lineup, like our new coach runs.
Or he can play the 3.
Or he can play the 2. (Small stretches)

His versatility >>>> Bazemore's youth.

Add to that, avoiding the backlash of signing a guy for 72 mil that we let go for 1.5 two years ago. That's a bad look.

Getting Deng, a guy we coveted in 07, shows us signing a guy we've always liked.

I wish they were both 3 year deals, but an extra year won't kill us. Young and Lou will be dealt in a year or so, that will free up room for additional pieces.

Luke
Ingram
Zubac
Mozgov
Clarkson extension

Size, length, defensive capabilities, versatile, leadership, yeah, this offseason ain't bad.

Hoped for younger guys like DeRozan, Whiteside, Batum, but they got huge money. We finally went single/double.

Now let Luke turn Ingram, DLo, Randle, Clarkson into home runs.

Then the real free agents will start to come. :smokin

We got a versatile player who fills multiple needs on the perimeter and doesn't need the ball to be effective. His game was never overly reliant on athleticism either. I like it. 

I actually like this signing a lot a lot. I hate the years. I absolutely hate the years & the money a little bit only because of his age.
But I am trying to rap my head around this new NBA money. Jeez if you look around the league literally EVERYONE is getting chipped up.
But Deng has been a respected player in this league for years. He doesn't miss too many games, which is good. He is a veteran sf just like we needed.

For those of you wanting Ingram to start off the bat just cuz he was a #2 pick are a little misguided. Remember this kid is 18 at 190 lbs. He has a looooong way
to go. Its natural. To have someone like Deng to lean on is great. Absolutely great. I wouldn't mind Deng being in the starting lineup to start the season and then
have Brandon start at some point down the line. Its exactly what happened at Duke and it would help take some pressure off of him. Brandon would be able to ease
his way in. I'm hoping to hear that the 4th year is a team option, that would make me a little more happy.

I'm having mixed feelings on if I would want them to sit on the rest of the money or go out and get another back up PG ...I don't know who is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom