LOCK. GO TO OFFSEASON THREAD, THANKS!

Obviously looking at this without an impartial view, but Doc's coaching (i.e. - ability to make adjustments) over Mark Jackson's is the real issue.

David Lee will be lucky to have as effective of a game as he did in the 2nd half of game 1. Why? Well for a variety of reasons besides being owned by Blake. The Clippers have adjusted.

They're overplaying screens, they're being more aggressive and they're coming out with more energy defensively. We're working too hard to get open and when we do, 35 feet from the basket is a hard place to start an offense from.

There were some blown calls, certainly, but we lost the game when we couldn't have our guys come out after half time with even half the energy of the Clippers and allowed Blake to score 8 - 0 on us. That's what did it. We expel so much energy when we're constantly down, it's maddening.

how can someone that strong, flop so much? SMH dude stays whipping his head back

cool to see jack, baze, rush supporting their former teammates

Obviously looking at this without an impartial view, but Doc's coaching (i.e. - ability to make adjustments) over Mark Jackson's is the real issue.

David Lee will be lucky to have as effective of a game as he did in the 2nd half of game 1. Why? Well for a variety of reasons besides being owned by Blake. The Clippers have adjusted.

They're overplaying screens, they're being more aggressive and they're coming out with more energy defensively. We're working too hard to get open and when we do, 35 feet from the basket is a hard place to start an offense from.

There were some blown calls, certainly, but we lost the game when we couldn't have our guys come out after half time with even half the energy of the Clippers and allowed Blake to score 8 - 0 on us. That's what did it. We expel so much energy when we're constantly down, it's maddening.

all of this.

So I have a question for you guys.  Since it appears more and more of you are coming over to the correct opinion....

Is there any team in the NBA stupid enough to take David Lee in a trade?  What can we do with this guy?  It is blatantly obvious to almost everyone now, that he hurts this team far more than he helps.  What can we do?  It has to be a trade right?  Unfortunately, since we inexplicably used our amnesty on a guy who was a pending free agent, we are kinda stuck with him.

If your name isnt @Antidope, please chime in.  I am curious to know what you guys think. 

:lol Dont worry I will just watch.

That Amnesty was such a boneheaded move though that much is certain.

Last edited:
Well Utah did take Jefferson and Biedrich for basically nothing
laugh.gif

True....but we did give them a ton of draft picks.....which we no longer have the luxury of trading. 

Lee is a problem, but don't excuse the job mark Jackson is doing. Clippers have a big run, you call a time out. The first play is a turnover and Clippers fast break. If Jackson stays, they really need a offensive coach as his lead assistant.

Lee is a problem, but don't excuse the job mark Jackson is doing. Clippers have a big run, you call a time out. The first play is a turnover and Clippers fast break. If Jackson stays, they really need a offensive coach as his lead assistant.

i wouldnt mind dantoni as an offensive coordinator

Last edited:
Is Doc Rivers a better coach than Mark Jackson?  Yes.  Was Doc Rivers a better coach than Mark Jackson in his third season?  Highly debatable.  Look, we all know Jackson is still learning on the job.  That is one of the major reasons why I think the whole "Fire Jackson" opinion that some have is completely asinine. 

Dude has done an incredible job with our team for his tenure.  Players LOVE playing for him.  He is doing the best job he can with what we have. 

I think people just have this highly unrealistic "must win now" attitude. 

Now even mad at the loss, I had them losing the series. It has more to do with how they loss more than anything. If he's a rookie coach, get him a vet assistant that knows more (Malone).
Don't get me wrong, he has had some moments in the year, but he has also had some really bad mistakes.

[h1]Golden State Warriors are thinking about a name change[/h1]
By Royce Young | NBA writer

April 25, 2014 3:20 pm ET

041314_CurryRecord.jpg

The Golden State Warriors have been an institution in the NBA for quite some time. But for about a decade a long time ago, they were the San Francisco Warriors.

And with the team planning to move across the bay back into the San Francisco area, the franchise is also thinking about returning to its old name as well. Via ESPN.com:
The franchise will keep the Warriors moniker they've used since they were founded in Philadelphia in 1946 but could readopt the name for which they were known when they played in San Francisco from 1962-71 — the San Francisco Warriors.

“We're very curious what our fans think of that,” Warriors president and CEO Rick Welts told ESPN.com. “I couldn't imagine making that decision in the very near future, but we definitely want to see what our fans prefer.”
The backbone of the Warriors is in the nickname, but they've been Golden State since 1972, which has quite a history. The team has been playing in Oakland for that time, so with moving back to San Francisco, if there was a time to switch back, this would be it.

The move across the bay hasn't been a completely popular one, with some feeling like the team is completely relocating. So going all in with the San Francisco name could just increase those feelings.
Interesting.

No idea why people would get upset. They're moving back across the bridge and it's just a name, they are the same team. It's not like they were the Oakland Warriors, so who cares.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Golden State> San Franciso. I hope they dont do that. I really dont. Think about what will happen to the Jerseys SMH

Personally I always hated the golden state name. give me san francisco warriors, oakland warriors, bay area warriors, san francisco bay area warriors, whatever. keep it local bruh.

yay area warriors 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I would prefer Golden State, it's very unique. Won't care either way though.

Everything Lee can do pretty well, Draymond can do almost or just as well. And Draymond is way better than Lee at quite a few other things. Lee doesn't really hurt the team, but he's very expendable.

Last edited:
I personally opt for the "David Lee All Stars" as the name change. Maybe I can put together a online petition.

Back
Top Bottom