LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

My argument against the SEC/Big 10/Pac 10 stuff is that if we had that level of recruiting we would be as good or better than those schools but thats something that cant be proven ever so its a moot point.

Yea and the point I was trying to make was that while that might be the case, you guys DON'T have that level of recruiting (nor do we for that matter) so it doesn't really matter. It's like if I'm looking at the Yankees and Brewers, and the Brewers say, "Well, if we were in a big market like the Yankees and had all that money to spend, we'd have an all star roster too, then we'd REALLY dominate!" Yea that hypothetical situation could be true, but it's not reality.

I can respect you as a fan b/c you are not a homer that doesn't realize that. I've seen some messageboard chatter from Boise fans saying they are a tougher opponent than Alabama was for us last year, and that they are UNDER rated at #3 in the Coaches Poll. We've got a lot of fans that feel the same sense of entitlement and act like it doesn't even matter who we recruit because whoever the players are they will be coached up to outperform whoever else we are playing.

2 things:

To Bamaboy, I get that playing Utah is a consolation prize and what not but as a team I would have thought they would say F it, lets beat the piss out of Utah and maybe get a stab at the AP poll or something like that. I dont think any team can chalk up a loss like that to, "who cares it was Utah". Thats the point, it was Utah.

I think #3 is fair considering how we did last year and who we have coming back. The messageboards that relate to BSU are hit or miss. Some people just dont get it when it comes to the WAC and who we play. We win games that were supposed to win and we win games that are a coin flip. We dominated the Oregon game but Oregon is a tempo offense and that machine gets up to speed as the season wears on. That's part of the reason I think they didn't do so hot in the Rose Bowl. Far too long off for that offense to still be hitting on all cylinders. Although we have beat Oregon two years in a row
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We will all find out if BSU is the truth or if its all hype in a few weeks. I will say this though, watch out for 1 or 2 "trick plays" Petersen has a knack for dropping them at the perfect time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

My argument against the SEC/Big 10/Pac 10 stuff is that if we had that level of recruiting we would be as good or better than those schools but thats something that cant be proven ever so its a moot point.

Yea and the point I was trying to make was that while that might be the case, you guys DON'T have that level of recruiting (nor do we for that matter) so it doesn't really matter. It's like if I'm looking at the Yankees and Brewers, and the Brewers say, "Well, if we were in a big market like the Yankees and had all that money to spend, we'd have an all star roster too, then we'd REALLY dominate!" Yea that hypothetical situation could be true, but it's not reality.

I can respect you as a fan b/c you are not a homer that doesn't realize that. I've seen some messageboard chatter from Boise fans saying they are a tougher opponent than Alabama was for us last year, and that they are UNDER rated at #3 in the Coaches Poll. We've got a lot of fans that feel the same sense of entitlement and act like it doesn't even matter who we recruit because whoever the players are they will be coached up to outperform whoever else we are playing. 

To Bamaboy, I get that playing Utah is a consolation prize and what not but as a team I would have thought they would say F it, lets beat the piss out of Utah and maybe get a stab at the AP poll or something like that. I dont think any team can chalk up a loss like that to, "who cares it was Utah". Thats the point, it was Utah.

I agree totally. We were number one for 5 weeks going into the SEC championship and leading 20 to 17 going into the 4th quarter. Florida coming back crushed the team we were 12 minutes from the national championship and blew it. Also Andre Smith got suspended and Utah destroyed us on that side of the line. Thats all i will say but the defense i have no excuse for other than they just didnt think Utah was that good. 

Kyrk, looks like y'all might miss out on KB and Sammy Watkins. Is this by design? Are y'all not going hard after either? If so, then why?

Nah we're not even recruiting Benjamin.

It's either us or Clemson for Sammy Watkins. Hearing we're looking good though. If I had to bet I'd say he ends up a Cane. He's not announcing til the AA game though so there is a ways to go.

They're both good backs (Quizz and LaMike).

Nobody is making anybody live by Rivals.com's rankings
laugh.gif

If you think one is better than the other, go for it.

For me? I got LaMike, but I will never tell you Quizz sucks. I'd lose my college football card if I did.

Yeah, I heard he was leaning Clemson @ this time, that's why I asked.

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]OU Football Insider: Ranking the games from toughest to easiest [/h1] [h2]The Oklahoman's Jake Trotter breaks down each game on the schedule fromhardest to easiest with percentage chances for victory in each game. [/h2]
By Jake Trotter Oklahoman   
comment_icon.gif
Leave a comment
Published: August 22, 2010
Modified: August 23, 2010 at 8:58 am

NORMANOklahoma enters the 2010 season with national championship expectations.

OU'sgame against coach Mack Brown, right, and Texas will once again theSooners' toughest. PHOTO BY NATE BILLINGS, THE OKLAHOMAN

[h3]Multimedia[/h3]
[h3]Videoview all videos[/h3]

Bob Stoops: Uncut

Aug 13OU's head coach meets with the media after Friday morning's...

[h3]Photoview all photos[/h3]

OU Football Insider: Ranking the games from toughest to easiest
[h3]More Info[/h3]
Chances for undefeated season small

Even though OU will be favored in at least of 11 of 12 games, the odds of an undefeated regular season are small.

Based on the “chances of victory

I'm sure I've asked this before but you don't think UOfM has any chanc at Watkins? Every article I read on him he's has on his list and he's visited. What do you guys think of Dallas Crawford, he lists us as his leader and I've heard he's a gamer.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

when Miami offers Crawford, watch for him and Watkins to be  Canes

Doesnt look like were going to offer Crawford. I dont think Clemson offered him either. We need to pull Watkins tho. Outside WR is going to be pretty thin soon.

Valdez Showers committing this week....supposed to be between Michigan, Michigan State & Florida...

guessing State.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by tmay407

http://mattsarzsports.com/football2010.aspx

Complete TV schedule for 2010
pimp.gif

Great...night game at Bryant-Denny on Oct. 2nd 
tired.gif

hopefully moms comes through with the tickets though.
I went to the 2005 game when Tyrone Prothro got hurt....that was the loudest Alabama game I've been to and this was before the new expansion on the north and south side were put on Bryant-Denny. I can imagine how loud it is gonna be now and like you hopefully my source comes through with some tickets.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ok, what does Lamichael James do on the football field better than Jaquizz ...

Run.
Lets see, he is faster ( a lot faster) hes quicker and has better agility. Quizz might have better feet but its close.
Quizz has way better agility than James, go look at the USC footage.  LMJ is a product of the system Oregon runs, way more open and easier to find lanes to run in compared to a pro style offense that Oregon State runs.  Also Quizz is a way better blocker than LMJ and his pass catching abilities is above and beyond LMJ as well.  Let me put it this way, if you put LMJ in Oregon States offense, he wouldn't excel the same way that Quizz has, if Quizz was in Oregon's offense he would put up just as big off numbers because it is easier to find room to run in.  Jaquizz Rodgers 2010 Heisman Winner
pimp.gif

Anybody hear about Pouncey and Ronald Powell getting into a fight
nerd.gif

saw it on gatorsports forum, so i take it with a grain of salt

Originally Posted by airblaster503

LMJ is a product of the system Oregon runs
I agree that the Oregon offense is a perfect fit for LMJ but lets not talk about him like he's just some system RB. He is a quality runner.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Anybody hear about Pouncey and Ronald Powell getting into a fight
nerd.gif

saw it on gatorsports forum, so i take it with a grain of salt

Chuck Oliver said on 680 here in Atlanta today said that Pouncey beat Ronald Powell's !$+.  He said his source saw the fight first hand
laugh.gif

[h1]USC football: Report says Dillon Baxter hoaxed coaches into thinking he was improperly recruited[/h1]
August 23, 2010 |  2:53 pm

USC freshman running back Dillon Baxtersuspended for the season opener for violating team rules, has repeatedly declined to comment about a June incident that required former athletic director Mike Garrett to send letters of apology to five schools.

Shortly after the NCAA handed down sanctions against USC, a school compliance official sent a letter to the Pacific 10 Conference alleging that Florida, Alabama, Washington, Oregon and Fresno State had improperly contacted Baxter. The schools denied the allegations, and Garrett later sent letters of apology to their athletic directors.

ESPN.com's Shaun Assael, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained a letter signed by Baxter that was dated June 24, 2010, and was included with Garrett's letter of apology. Baxter said in his letter that he had not been contacted by the schools.

In the short letter, Baxter explains that he talked to friends at Florida, Michigan, Alabama and Fresno State on the day the sanctions were announced.

"We discussed what I wanted to do and how I felt about the sanctions," Baxter wrote. "From that point, the situation got blown out of proportion."

Baxter wrote that he went to receivers coach John Morton's office and said that other schools had contacted him.

"The fact are not such. I was not contacted by other schools but it was me talking to my friends about what I was going to do," Baxter wrote.

He added: "I am truly sorry for all of the chaos I have caused and it was not my intention to implicate other schools and their coaching staffs. I realize my actions do not represent how I was raised and the type of person I am. I would like everyone to know that I will do a better job thinking before I act."

-- Gary Klein

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

[h1]USC football: Report says Dillon Baxter hoaxed coaches into thinking he was improperly recruited[/h1]

USC freshman running back Dillon Baxtersuspended for the season opener for violating team rules, has repeatedly declined to comment about a June incident that required former athletic director Mike Garrett to send letters of apology to five schools.

Shortly after the NCAA handed down sanctions against USC, a school compliance official sent a letter to the Pacific 10 Conference alleging that Florida, Alabama, Washington, Oregon and Fresno State had improperly contacted Baxter. The schools denied the allegations, and Garrett later sent letters of apology to their athletic directors.

ESPN.com's Shaun Assael, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained a letter signed by Baxter that was dated June 24, 2010, and was included with Garrett's letter of apology. Baxter said in his letter that he had not been contacted by the schools.

In the short letter, Baxter explains that he talked to friends at Florida, Michigan, Alabama and Fresno State on the day the sanctions were announced.

"We discussed what I wanted to do and how I felt about the sanctions," Baxter wrote. "From that point, the situation got blown out of proportion."

Baxter wrote that he went to receivers coach John Morton's office and said that other schools had contacted him.

"The fact are not such. I was not contacted by other schools but it was me talking to my friends about what I was going to do," Baxter wrote.

He added: "I am truly sorry for all of the chaos I have caused and it was not my intention to implicate other schools and their coaching staffs. I realize my actions do not represent how I was raised and the type of person I am. I would like everyone to know that I will do a better job thinking before I act."

-- Gary Klein

so what do we believe?  was it just him mistakenly thinking he might have effed up by talking to friends at other schools about transferring and he tried to throw the blame on those schools' coaches, or is this a clk ploy gone wrong and baxter's taking the fall for it?

i think i know what the general opinion is going to be.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

-- Gary Klein

so what do we believe?  was it just him mistakenly thinking he might have effed up by talking to friends at other schools about transferring and he tried to throw the blame on those schools' coaches, or is this a clk ploy gone wrong and baxter's taking the fall for it?

i think i know what the general opinion is going to be.

Given clk's track record, I am going to go with it was his idea to try and throw some other teams under the bus, dude is a dirt bag through and through.

Back
Top Bottom